Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 3

Eric’s POV

I kept forcing myself not to turn back. I know I didn’t need to keep an eye on her every move, but I guess my fatherly instinct is kicking in early. Really early. I pulled into a gas station and called Beau.

"Hey Eric. What’s up?"He answered, in the middle of laughing.

"Nothing much, just wondering what you’re up to. Miranda kicked me out of the house so she could sleep. She’s feeling really shitty."

"Come on over. Skylar would like that." He offered.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Eric, get your ass over here." Beau said more sternly into the phone. I heard Jared and Skylar laughing in the background.

I laughed. "Alright, I’ll be there in a few minutes. See ya."

"See ya."

I hung up and headed toward Beau’s.

I opened the door, letting myself in. "Hey guys."

"Hey Eric." Jared said, looking up from what appeared to be tickle torture. He looked back down at Skylar and continued tickling his sides.

"So that’s the laughing I heard over the phone." I said.

"Yup, basically." Beau said, coming out of the kitchen with two sodas in hand. "How are you two holding up?"

I took the soda and cracked it open. "We’re holding up fine, except for the fact that whatever she eats doesn’t stay down. I’m getting kind of worried. I have a feeling that it’s more than morning sickness."

"When’s her first appointment?" Beau asked, also sounding worried. I noticed that the laughing also stopped. Jared must’ve heard me, too.

"It’s tomorrow morning. I really hope that there’s nothing wrong with her." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"She’ll be fine. All women react different to pregnancy." Jared said.

Skylar was just staring at me, smiling. I smiled back at him and waved. "Hey Sky."

"Hi Eric!" He scrambled up off the floor and gave me a big hug around the thighs. I wrapped my arms around him the best I could. He looked up at me. "Where’s Auntie Randi?"

"She doesn’t feel good today, so she’s staying home."

"Is she gonna get better?" Skylar asked.

I looked up, feeling the urge to cry for some reason. I looked down at Skylar and nodded. "Yeah, she’ll get better. Don’t worry." I messed up his hair and he smiled at me, getting out of our hug.

Beau hugged me. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I’ll be fine. I was just thinking to the extreme."

"Extreme as in..what exactly?" He asked.

"Extreme as in Miranda dying from being so sick or the baby dying from her being so sick." I said, a tear falling down my cheek.

"Oh, Eric, don’t think like that. Miranda and the baby are gonna make it, don’t worry." Beau hugged me tighter. "Just bring it up to the doctor if she doesn’t tomorrow."

I nodded. "I was planning on it."

"Does Miranda know you’re worried about her?" Jared asked, now joining the conversation.

"No, and I don’t want her to know. That would stress her out, and she doesn’t need that." I explained.

"Are you guys sure she’s gonna be okay?" Skylar asked behind us. We all turned toward him.

"Auntie Randi will be just fine. Hey Sky, you wanna go outside and play?" Beau asked.

"Yeah!" Skylar yelled. Beau gave me a concerned look before grabbing Skylar’s hand and taking him outside.

"If I were you, I’d take her to the doctor today, because today and tomorrow could make a big difference. You should know that, Eric." Jared said in all seriousness.

I do know that. I was on the verge of dying while Jared and Beau were on their anniversary trip in Hawaii. "I don’t know if she’d let me take her, though."

"Make her let you. Don’t let her push you around. Not when you’re this worried about her."

I sighed. "Should I take her in today?"

"If you think you need to." He hugged me. "I’ll tell Beau you said bye."

I smiled. "Alright, see you." I practically ran out of the house and to the car, waving to Beau and Skylar, both of them looking confused. I had no time to explain. I had to do this before I started talking myself out of it.

I sped home and opened the door, seeing Miranda walking back from the bathroom again. Her face was so pale. "Hey Eric, I thought you were..." Miranda started.

"Miranda, I’m taking you to the doctor. I know you’re appointments tomorrow, but we need to do it today. I think you have more than morning sickness."

"Eric, I’m fine.."

"No, you’re not. Lets go." I pulled her out of the house and into the car.

"Eric, really, is this necessary?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah, it is, I’m worried about you."

Miranda said nothing the whole way to the doctor.

"It’s just...I’d really hate to see the baby die two weeks into it, ya know?"

"I know, I would hate that, too." Miranda said as we pulled into the parking lot.

We walked into the building and, ironically, Miranda’s doctor was standing right there.

"Mr and Mrs. Lambert, what a surprise. I wasn’t expecting to see you until tomorrow." She said in a pleasant voice.

"We need to talk to you. It couldn’t wait til tomorrow. We’re sorry for the inconvenience." I explained.

"Oh, that’s alright, I have some time now, come back with me."

We followed her to her office and sat in the chairs, the doctor closing the door. "Alright, now what seems to be the problem?"

"Well, you know how pregnant women get morning sickness?" I started explaining, feeling like a total idiot explaining this to a doctor.

"Yes..." She said slowly.

"Well, I think Miranda has more than morning sickness, and I’m worried that it might be affecting more than her."

"Hmm. Well, I’ll have to do a quick exam, which you, unfortunately, cannot be in here for. So I’ll call you back when I’m all done, okay?"

"Alright." I kissed Miranda and got up, leaving the room.

All the time waiting made me so anxious. I really hope that nothing is wrong with her. As long as I didn’t hear her puking or screaming in pain, I wasn’t gonna barge in there.

Twenty minutes and half of my hairs later, the doctor finally called me back in.

"So?" I asked almost as soon as I entered the room.

"Well, it is something more than morning sickness, but I suspect it as nothing but the flu. So she just needs to drink plenty of liquids, no dairy, and try to eat things like saltine crackers and Jello. Those kinds of things settle the stomach. We’ll still have our appointment tomorrow, too, so we can do what we originally planned." She said with a small laugh. Miranda smiled and took my hand. I squeezed it tightly and caressed it with my thumb. Thank god it’s only the flu.

"Are there any other questions you want to ask me before I set you loose?" The doctor asked.

"Did I overreact with this whole situation?" I asked quietly.

"You did what any caring husband would do. You didn’t do a thing wrong." She cleared her throat and got up. "So I’ll see you two tomorrow."

"Yup, thank you so much, Doctor." Miranda said.

We left the doctor’s office and got into the car. Before I started up the car, I just looked at Miranda. "Told you, you weren’t fine." I said with a satisfied smirk.

She sighed and kissed me. "Okay, I believe you."

"Are you sure you wanna be doing that while you’re sick? I don’t wanna get sick on tour." I asked.

"Oh, right, sorry about that." She said, shrinking down into her seat.

"Don’t worry." I said, rubbing her shoulder, driving home.

Miranda’s POV

Great. I’m sick. That’s good for the baby, oh yeah. I don’t even know how it happened. No one else is sick that I know. Whatever. Point is, I’ve already fucked up two weeks into it. I wouldn’t be surprised if my baby comes out demented or deformed or whatever.

"Miranda, what’s the matter?" Eric asked.

I cuddled into him. "Do you think having the flu will affect the baby at all?"

"The doctor said no, so I’m just gonna go with what she said. Just don’t worry about it too much, because stress and worry aren’t good for the baby either."

"I know, but I can’t help it. I wish I could magically get better so I wouldn’t have to worry about that."

"Plenty of rest, and white soda. We can start with plenty of rest. You are going to go to bed, right now, and don’t say no. I want you to get as much sleep as possible. I’ll get a bucket just in case you end up having to puke in the middle of the night, and I’ll get you a bottle of 7UP, okay?"

I smiled. "Okay. Goodnight, Eric." I kissed him on the cheek. "I love you."

"Love you, too. Night." He said, helping me off the couch and letting me go into our room. I crawled into bed and it seemed like as soon as my head hit the pillow I was sleeping.

I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up, luckily getting everything in the bucket. Goose bumps immediately rose on my arms and I got really cold. I grabbed the towel hanging off my night stand and cleaned myself up a little, taking a small sip of 7UP before Eric turned over.

"Hey babe, is everything alright?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"Yeah, everything’s fine. Just go back to sleep." I said, taking another short drink of soda before getting comfy again. I felt Eric’s arms go around me and pull me closer to him. I smiled and helped him out. "You know you’re not gonna be able to do this when I’m the size of Jupiter." I whispered.

He laughed to himself. "That’s why I’m taking every opportunity I have now. Night, Miranda." He kissed the tip of my nose and smiled.

"Night, Eric." I turned over, Eric’s arms still around me, and fell asleep.

"Are you sure you’re feeling better? I wouldn’t want you to get Sky sick. Beau and Jared wouldn’t be happy with you." Eric asked as I was packing a package of saltine crackers and two cans of 7UP in my purse, along with a bag of candy for Skylar. What kind of aunt would I be if I didn’t spoil him?

"Yes, Eric, I’m feeling fantastic. I even checked my temp this morning, and it’s back down. And my stomach isn’t rebelling food or feeling queasy or anything. Lets just go to Beau’s. They want us over today, and I’m sure Sky misses us like no other." I said, feeling like I was repeating myself, since Eric’s asked the same question about three other times today.

He sighed and wrapped his arm around my waist, kissing my temple. "Alright, lets get out of here."

We piled in the car and Eric drove to Beau and Jared’s. As we pulled into the driveway, we saw the three of them playing in the front yard with a ball. It looked like monkey in the middle, and Skylar was in the middle. I smiled at them and got out of the car. Jared’s head perked up at us and he smiled. "Hey guys!"

"Hey!" I yelled, grabbing my bag out of the backseat. I saw Skylar look our way and smile a huge smile.

"Hi Randi!!" He said, extremely excited, running toward me. He ran into my legs, hugging them.

"Hey, Sky." I said, picking him up so we were eye level with each other. "How are you?"

"A lot better now you’re here." He said.

"Beau, Jared, I think you might have some competition." Eric said, coming over by Skylar and I, messing up his hair. "Hey Sky. What’s up?"

"Oh, that reminds me. Skylar, I have something for you."

His eyes got huge. "Really?! Lemme see!"

"Skylar." Beau said sternly.

Skylar looked at Beau, looking like he did something wrong.

"Manners."

He sighed and turned back to me. "Can I see, pleeeeease?"

I almost melted at how cute he was. "Of course you can." I set him down and dug through my bag. I pulled out the bag of candy and Skylar started dancing for joy. "Yay! Thank you Auntie Randi!"

"You’re very welcome Sky." I said, readjusting my bag on my shoulder and went over by Beau, Jared, and Eric. "Hey guys."

Jared immediately hugged me. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked softly.

"A lot better, actually. Who knew that all that sleep could help that much." I said.

Jared let go and Beau came right after. "You better not steal Sky away from us." He said in a fake threatening tone.

I laughed. "I think I already did." I looked down and saw Skylar hugging my leg.

"Did what, Auntie Randi?" Skylar asked.

"I stole you from Beau and Jared, that’s what I did. You’re all mine now."

He gasped. "But I like it with Beau and Jared!" He let go of my leg and ran to Beau. "Don’t let her take me."

I pretended to be hurt. "So that bag of candy right there didn’t persuade you?" I fake sniffled.

"It’s okay, Auntie Randi, I still love you." He switched from Beau to me again. "I just love Beau and Jared more."

The fake feeling hurt was drowned out by my giggling. He was just too fricken adorable! I hugged him. "I love you, too, Sky." I bent down and kissed his nose.

I stood back up and then thought of something. "Hey Sky, why don’t you go put that in the house?"

"Okay!" He ran into the house.

"Eric, you can go with him." I said.

Eric followed Sky into the house so it was just me, Beau, and Jared.

"So you guys leave for tour tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah." Beau and Jared said in unison.

"Where is Skylar going while you guys are gone?"

"We were actually gonna ask you if you’d wanna take him. He really loves you, and we don’t trust him with anyone else." Jared said, wrapping his arm around Beau’s waist.

"Well, I’d be glad to take him in, but I do have my own stuff going on right now, too." I said, signaling to my stomach.

"That’s why Katie’s coming down to help you out." Beau said.

"Doesn’t she have school?"

"Casey’s taking her out until we get back for family reasons, which is true." Jared said.

"But I don’t want her missing all that school because of me.."

"You and Sky can go to Casey’s if that makes you feel better." Beau offered.

"My doctor’s down here..." I sighed, starting to think that nothing would work. "I could always ask Sarah, if that’s okay with you guys. She is going to be the godmother."

"Oh god!" Jared said, hitting his palm to his forehead. "I totally forgot about that! Of course that will work!" Jared hugged me. "Thank you so much. I’ll pay you when we get back."

"Oh no, no, no. No money. I want to do it, it’s like volunteer work. Please don’t pay me." I objected almost immediately.

"Alright, alright, no money, got it." Beau said, hugging me next. "Thanks again. We’ll drop him off at your house around 9-ish tomorrow morning, okay? He’ll have all the clothes he owns and everything he needs so you don’t go out and buy him anything. The only thing we don’t have is food, but you got plenty of that."

"Definitely, and Sarah’s a bitchin’ cook, so don’t be alarmed if Sky comes back a few pounds chubbier." I said.

"That’s okay, he’ll run off his food. He has so much energy. We can barely keep up with him, and that’s saying something." Jared said.

"Oh wow, that is." I said, looking toward the front door, wondering what’s taking Eric and Skylar so long. "I’m gonna go see what the hell they’re doing in there." I walked to the front door and opened it.

There was no one in the house. "Eric? Sky? Where are you?"

Then I heard Sky laughing softly. I smirked, realizing that it was either a surprise attack or a game of hide and seek. I looked at the clock and remembered that I had my appointment today in about twenty minutes.

"Oh crap. Eric, we have to go. I have my doctor’s appointment today, remember."

"Oh yeah, that’s right. Sorry Sky, but we’re gonna have to come out of our spots." Eric’s voice came from the closet on the other end of the room. The door swung open and Skylar came crawling out from underneath the couch.

"Aww, that wasn’t very fun." Skylar said, disappointed.

"Don’t worry, we’ll play hide and seek bunches more when Auntie Randi and I get back from the doctor’s."

"Promise?" He asked as we were heading out the door.

"We promise, Sky." I said, kissing his cheek. "We’ll see you in a little bit, kay?"

He hugged me tightly. "Kay!"

I smiled at Skylar and took his hand, taking him out with us so we could say bye to Jared and Beau.

"So I see you found them." Jared said, smirking.

"No, they found me, because I just remembered that I had a doctor’s appointment today in about twenty minutes."

"Oh, I see. Well, sorry you couldn’t stay longer. Maybe you could come back after your appointment?" Beau asked.

"Sky’s pretty much counting on us coming back, right, Sky?" Eric asked, messing up his hair.

Skylar giggled and waved away Eric’s hand. "That’s right."

"Well, we don’t wanna make you guys late, so we’ll see you later, hopefully?" Jared said, hugging the both of us.

"Yeah, we’ll be back in about an hour or so." I said, going to hug Beau next.

"Hopefully everything’s going as planned." Beau said quietly, probably for just me to hear. I sensed a little worry in his voice.

I leaned away from him and looked at him. The worry was in his face, too. He gave me a small smile.

"Don’t worry, Beau. Everything’s going to be fine. You guys are leaving tomorrow, I don’t want you worrying about anything else but putting on the best shows of your lives." I said, massaging his shoulders.

He smiled more sincerely this time and pulled me into another hug. "Thanks, Miranda." He leaned away and went over by Jared, wrapping his arm around his waist, kissing him on the cheek. "Now you two go, before we make you late. We’ll see you later."

"‘Kay guys, see ya." Eric said, grabbing my hand and running with me to the car. We quickly got into the car and sped to the doctor’s office. We got there with five minutes to spare. We jumped out and went into the building, checking in and sitting in the waiting room, lounge area.