Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 4

I grabbed Eric’s hand and squeezed it tightly, feeling nervous.

"Just relax. It’ll all be fine." Eric whispered.

"I don’t know, something doesn’t feel right." I said uneasily.

"Like what?" Eric asked, sounding extremely concerned.

I waved it off. "It’s probably nothing. Nerves."

"Miranda and Eric?" The doctor called us back.

We got up and followed her back to the room with the big ultrasound machine.

"Now Miranda, just lay down on this table and I’ll get everything set up."

"Am I going to be able to stay in here for this?" Eric asked.

"Of course! It’s actually encouraged that you stay here." The doctor said like it was common sense.

"Sit there." I said, kissing him quickly before laying on the table next to a huge monitor. I lifted up my shirt, showing my belly. Even though it was only about two weeks in, there was the slightest bulge. It made me smile.

"Do you have any guesses on the gender?" The doctor asked, getting gloves on and getting the tube of that clear gel stuff that’s gonna be all over my stomach in a few minutes. She turned on the ultrasound machine.

"I have a feeling that it’s a girl. Eric doesn’t believe me, but that’s what my gut feelings are saying."

That made her laugh. "Well, we’ll just have to see until you’re further along. Ready for your first ultrasound?"

I nodded. I closed my eyes, squeezing Eric’s hand softly. I heard the gel squeeze onto the ultrasound and then got shivers as the gel first touched my skin. It warmed up quickly, though. I opened my eyes and heard a bunch of crackling.

"Do you see anything?" I asked quietly.

"Mhm," The doctor pulled out a pen. "There are the beginnings of the arms and legs, the head, the torso." She pointed each one of these things out, and as she did so, I let out tears of happiness. "She’s so beautiful."

"Life is a beautiful thing."

I looked at Eric, teary-eyed, smiling, and he also had tears falling and a big smile on his face.

"Do you two need a minute? I know the first ultrasound is very emotional; it’s the barrier between whether the pregnancy was real or not."

"No, we’ll be okay." I sniffed all the rest of my tears back. "Does the baby look healthy?"

"I think she’s right where she should be. Now we just need to do a few medical tests on you, Miranda."

"Alright, does Eric have to leave for these?"

"If he so desires." She said, cleaning off my stomach and the ultrasound. I sat up and scooted to the end of the bench.

Once Eric didn’t move, the doctor carried on. "Alright, we’re gonna do some blood pressure tests first."

"Okay." I sat there and let the doctor get to work. I looked back at Eric and smiled at him. I mouthed, "I love you," and he smiled, forming a heart with his hands. My smile got even wider as I turned around and waited for the doctor to get done with her thing.

"Alright, I’ll be back in a little bit with the results." She said, stepping out of the room.

"Eric." I whispered, getting off the bench and sitting lightly in his lap. My lips met his as my hands went around the back of his neck. His arms went around my back to prevent me from falling off the chair.

"I love you so much, Miranda." He said softly, caressing my cheek lightly. "You’re gonna be a great mom."

"And you’re gonna be an amazing dad." I said, kissing his forehead. "What do you say we don’t go back to Beau and Jared’s? Have our last night together before tour be just the two of us?" I offered.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea." Eric said. "You should probably get back on your bench before she walks in on us. That would be awkward."

"Yeah, good idea." I kissed him one last time before I got off his lap and got back on the little padded bench. Almost as if on cue, the doctor came in.

"Alright Miranda. The results look good, but your blood pressure is a little raised. We’ll monitor that closely, but we won’t need to make any extra appointments. Just try not to stress yourself out too much. Any questions before I set you guys loose?"

Eric and I looked at each other and said, "No."

"Alright, then I’ll see you two in a couple of weeks." She opened the door for us.

"Actually, you’ll be seeing her and her friend Sarah. I’m going to be out on tour." Eric explained.

"Oh, that’s right, I forgot you were in a band. Good luck with everything. So I’ll see you and Sarah in a few weeks then?"

"Yup, bye." I said, walking down the hall, Eric following close behind. We got out to the car and started driving home at a more legal speed than what we drove here at.

"So high blood pressure?" Eric asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I guess so. But she said not to worry about it too much. If I worry about it, it’ll make it worse."

"That’s true. So," He said, taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at me. "we’re not gonna think about that. We’re not gonna think about anything bad. Tonight is gonna be the perfect night. Nothing is going to go wrong. It’s just gonna be you, me, and the backyard."

"The backyard?"

"You’ll see." He pulled into the driveway, turned off the car, and went into the trunk, grabbing a blanket. I got out and as soon as I closed the car door he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him to the backyard. He laid out the blanket on the grass and sat on it, patting the spot next to him.

"You don’t have to tell me twice." I said, sitting close to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

His arms wrapped around me and we slowly fell back onto the ground. I stared straight up and what I saw was nothing short of amazing. I swear there were more stars than sky.

"Isn’t it breathtaking?" Eric said, almost in a whisper.

"Absolutely." I said, turning my head to face him while he did the same. "I love you, Eric."

"I’m gonna miss you so much, babe." He brushed the hair off my cheek.

"I’m gonna miss you, too."

He sighed, looking back up at the sky. "So I heard through the grapevine that you’re gonna be looking after Skylar with Sarah."

"You heard right." I said, trying to count all the stars.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" He asked.

"Yes, I’m sure, otherwise I wouldn’t have taken him." I looked at him, and he looked slightly concerned. "Hey," I said, turning his face towards me. "what did you say about worrying and bad stuff tonight? Stop it."

He smiled and laughed quietly to himself. "I’m sorry, I broke my own rule. Come here." He sat up.

I sat up as well, slightly confused.

"Come here." He said again, patting his lap.

I smiled and crawled onto his lap. I curled up into a little ball and he cradled me like a baby, kissing my cheek. I closed my eyes, cuddled up close to his chest. The sound of his breathing combined with the rhythm of the song I could hear him humming eventually made me drift off into sleep.

"Pssst, Mirandaaaa. Wake up!" I heard Eric whisper in my ear, his breath tickling me.

I groaned and flipped over, opening my eyes half way, seeing his face half an inch from mine. I smiled and kissed him. "Morning."

"Good morning. Get up, get up! There’s breakfast in the kitchen and it’s gonna get cold!" Eric said, jumping on the bed, pulling me out from under the covers.

"Ah! Eric, stop it! I’m coming, I’m coming!" I laughed, getting up and getting pulled into the kitchen, where I smelled pancakes and bacon. There was toast and orange juice and cinnamon rolls as well.

"Eric, you’re gonna make me so fat." I said, sitting down, pouring the steamy syrup on the pancakes. "Chocolate chip pancakes? Since when could you cook?"

"Since I gave it a shot. Now stop talking, just eat. We don’t have all day." He urged, sitting at the table as well, a smile permanently attached to his face.

I stuffed my face full of pancake. "When do you guys leave?"

"At 2, and it’s 8:30." He said.

"Why didn’t you let me sleep for another hour, at least?" I whined.

"Because today is gonna be the last day I’m gonna see you for two or three months. I need to make the most of it." Eric scooted closer and wrapped his arm around me.

I smiled. "I guess you’re right."

I continued eating in silence. Once I couldn’t stuff anything more in my mouth, I helped clean up the dishes and leftovers.

"You do too much for me, you know that?" I said.

He hugged me from behind. "I know, and it doesn’t bug me one bit. Hurry up and get dressed, we gotta get over to Beau’s and help them get Sky’s stuff over here." He kissed me on the cheek.

"Oh that’s right. You gotta let go of me first, though." I said, looking behind me.

"Do I?" He asked mischievously.

I sighed, smiling. "Or you can act like a lost puppy, either one." I started walking and Eric walked with me, arms still wrapped around me.

I grabbed a sweatshirt and my purse from off the floor. "Now you have to let go."

He sighed and let go. "Fine, I guess."

I smiled and slipped on my sweatshirt. "Alright, lets go."

We left the house and got into the car, driving to Beau and Jared’s.

"Are you sure they’re even up yet? It is early." I pointed out.

"Skylar is a five year old ball of energy. They’re gonna be up."

I laughed. "Yeah I guess."

We pulled into the driveway and we saw Skylar already playing outside while Beau was sitting on the step watching him, his hair everywhere.

I got out of the car and went to go sit next to Beau. "Morning. Nice hair."

He smiled and shook his head at me, his eyes half closed.

"Rough night last night?" Eric said, smirking.

"Shut up." Beau said, throwing the dandelion he was playing with at Eric.

I laughed. "Don’t worry Beau, you know we’re just messing with you. Where’s Jared?"

"Making breakfast, even though I told him that I’d do it. He’s so stubborn." He looked at the ground, smiling.

"I can’t help it that the last time I let you make breakfast you burned yourself." Jared said, coming out of the house, sitting on the other side of Beau, giving him a kiss.

I could hardly contain my giggles. Beau and Jared were the cutest couple I’ve ever seen; they’re so devoted to each other and care so much about each other it was almost unreal.

"Well I can’t help that you tore my attention from making breakfast." Beau argued.

"You could’ve told me no." Jared said playfully, twirling a piece of Beau’s hair with his finger.

"How can I resist you, though?" Beau played right back, kissing Jared’s neck.

"And this is where we get back on topic, alright! Is Skylar all packed?" Eric asked, sounding uncomfortable.

Beau and Jared looked at each other and laughed a little bit, exchanging one last kiss before Jared responded, "Yeah, we got him all packed last night. There should be two duffle bags in his room if you wanna go get them now."