Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 7

Miranda’s POV

"Beau’s car’s gone. Huh." Sarah pointed out as we were turning into the driveway.

"Probably out to fetch Matt and Mike. That means that the house is most likely empty."

"Does that mean we can have a mini techno rave party with glow sticks and trippy lights?!" Sarah asked, excited.

"No, we can’t. They’d kill us if they found out that we totally techno raved the shit out of their house. Come on, lets go inside and wait for them."

We both got out of the car and went in the house with Skylar. We saw Jared sitting on the couch cross-legged, which made me jump.

"Oh, hi Jared. We weren’t expecting to see you here." I said, slightly confused.

"Beau didn’t trust you two in the house alone. He didn’t want you two to tear the place up." Jared said, sounding kind of down.

"Hey, what’s the matter?" I asked immediately, going to sit by him, Sarah taking Skylar into another room. He looked really confused, and I heard him asking a lot of questions.

He just looked at the floor, playing with the sole of his shoe. "I really don’t want to tell you, because it might get you super mad, and that’s not good for the baby, but I really think you should know." Jared said quietly.

"Jared...what is this about?" I asked slowly, slightly worried.

He hesitated, and I saw his lip start to quiver a little. I put my arm around his shoulder to comfort him.

"You can tell me, please. Keeping me hanging is gonna cause more stress than telling me."

He sniffled. "It’s Beau. He told me, yesterday, I think, that he still has feelings for Eric. He asked if I would get mad if something happened between them, and I said no, but..." He covered his face with his hands and started crying silently. I hugged him into me more. I hated to see him upset, his emotions were so fragile.

"But what, Jared?" I asked softly, looking at him sincerely.

He sniffled. "But I’m really not okay, with any of it. I...I saw them kissing outside when they were supposed to be ‘talking’, and that hurts me. He said that nothing serious was going to come out of this whole thing, but I think he was..." He sniffed again, almost losing his composure again. "Lying to me."

"Oh, Jared!" I hugged him tightly, feeling the urge to cry, too, knowing that Eric would be going along with something like this while I was carrying his child, our child. "How could they be doing this to us?"

"It’s partially my fault though, ‘cause I told him that I would be okay with it. I underestimated how attracted he still was to Eric. I really fucked up this time." Jared hid his face again.

"No, it’s not your fault. It’s Beau’s fault for actually thinking that you were okay with Beau practically cheating on you." I said.

Jared started crying even harder after that. I stayed strong and let him cry. He had every right to. I was more mad if anything. Mad that Eric actually went along with this whole thing.

"I’m sorry for dumping this on you." Jared said in a soft whisper. "Where’s Skylar?"

"Shhh, don’t worry about it. He’s with Sarah in another room." I let go of him and looked at him directly in his tear filled, bloodshot hazel eyes, which were now blue. They turned blue whenever he was depressed or crying. "Are you alright?"

He sniffled and wiped his eyes, even though a few more tears fell. "I think I’ll be okay. I just don’t like letting all this out in front of Beau, because then he worries about me so much, and I don’t like doing that to him." Jared said quietly.

"But he’s doing that to you. I mean, look at you, you’re a mess!" I said, handing him a couple tissues.

He laughed a little. "Thanks, Miranda, love you, too." He wiped his face and blew his nose. "But I know what you mean. I think we need to talk this whole thing through, just Beau and I. I think he’s trying to persuade Eric into getting back with him, and I really don’t think Eric wants to. I know how devoted he is to you. He almost broke down while you were gone because he was worried about what might happen to the baby. So I wouldn’t go off and yell at Eric for anything. Just ask him about it and talk it through. Yelling never solves anything."

"Yeah I know." I said.

"I’m gonna go to the bathroom and calm down some more, and so Sky can come out with Sarah. He’s probably really confused."

"Okay. What should we say when he asks what happened?"

"Just say..." He got up and took a few deep breaths and wiped his cheeks again. "Just say that I’ll explain it later."

I nodded and got up, going to the room that Sarah and Skylar were in. "Alright guys, you can come out now."

"Is Daddy gonna be okay, Auntie Randi?" Sky asked, hugging me.

"Yeah, he’s gonna be fine. Come on, lets go into the living room and wait for him to come out of the bathroom." I said, letting him go first so I could walk with Sarah.

"I heard everything. I am so sorry." She said, hugging me.

"I’m not sad about it, I’m kinda pissed at him. He’s doing this while he knows that our kid is growing in my stomach."

"I think Jared was right, though. I think Beau’s manipulating him." She said.

"Yeah I know, but I can’t help but think that Eric’s at fault, at least a little bit, in this situation."

"Just talk to him before they leave, alright? Get this whole thing straightened out. I would hate to see you two separated for two or three months and the first day be left on a bad note." She said, sitting on the couch next to me, with Skylar on my other side. He leaned into me and wrapped his arms around mine. "What’s daddy doing in the bathroom?"

I laughed the best I could, and hopefully it was convincing enough. "He’s going to the bathroom, what else do you do in there?" I asked, smiling.

Skylar laughed. "Auntie Randi, you’re so silly."

I smiled and hugged him into me. He always made me smile, even during times like this.

I heard the front door open and four sets of footsteps come into the house. I heard two or three bags fall to the ground.

"Hey guys, what’s up? Where’s Jared?" Matt asked.

"Bathroom. Beau, could we talk for a few minutes?" I asked as calmly as possible. I started feeling rage build in my chest at him.

"Sure, lets go." He said, like nothing was going on.

I went through the kitchen and out the back door, Beau following.

"Alright, so what’s up?" He asked.

"Jared told me about you and Eric." I said.

He looked at the ground, silent at first. "Oh."

"Did you really think that Jared was okay with that?" I asked, sounding a little more harsh.

"He guaranteed me that he was fine with it..." Beau started.

"That he was fine with you basically cheating on him with him right there? Come on, Beau. I thought you had more common sense than that. He just spent the last ten or fifteen minutes sobbing and balling his eyes out over this whole thing, so I’m pretty sure he’s not okay." I said, not caring if Beau knew about Jared’s worrying or not. He needed to know, no matter what Jared said.

"Where is he?" Beau asked, voice slightly weakened. His hand flew up to his face and wiped his eyes quickly.

"He was in the bathroom, calming down a little bit. He didn’t want Skylar to see him like this."

"Alright. I’m gonna go talk to him. And you should talk to Eric, but don’t get pissed at him. He basically told me off today and said that I should just back off. So I’m gonna do that." Beau said, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"You do know that there’s gonna be some trust issues now, at least between you and me, as well as Eric and I?" I pointed out before I cut him loose.

"Yeah, I know. I’m such a fucking dumbass." He said. I could tell he was beating himself up over this. I didn’t wanna make this too bad for him, though, especially after what I’ve seen him do to himself over stuff like this.

"Go find Jared, sort this whole thing out, kay? Don’t beat yourself up too bad over this." I hugged him.

"I’ll try not to." He said quietly, letting go of me and walking back in the house. I followed and saw Eric sitting on the couch with Skylar and Jared. Jared looked a lot better than he did a few minutes ago. Once he saw Beau, he got up and hugged him tightly, kissing him fiercely. I saw tears falling down Beau’s cheeks. Eric looked at me and he had a worried expression on his face.

"Eric, we need to talk now." I said. He got up and followed me out the door again.

"So I’m guessing that Jared told you about everything?" He asked.

"And you weren’t planning on telling me any of this?" I asked calmly, remembering that yelling didn’t solve anything.

"I didn’t want you to stress out over it." He said.

I sighed, getting annoyed. "I hate it. I fucking hate it. All you do is worry about my stress levels. It’s so annoying. Just because I have a kid inside me doesn’t mean I can’t take hearing some things, like that, for instance. Were you ever gonna tell me about that?" I asked, my voice getting a little more raised.

I saw hesitation in his face.

"Oh my god, Eric, seriously? You’d seriously do that to me again? What the hell is wrong with you?"

He pulled me into a hug and started crying into my shoulder. "I am so sorry. I know. Everything was wrong about that. I shouldn’t have been such a dumbass to fall for it. Again. And I know I worry about you too much, but honestly, I don’t think that’s ever gonna change, Miranda, ‘cause I love you. So, so much. It comes as a natural instinct for me to worry about you. I literally cannot help it."

I sighed. "I know, I shouldn’t ask you not to worry about me. And I’m sorry for blowing up like that. Beau told me that you basically told him there could be nothing between you two, but Jared told me that he saw you two in the front yard kissing.." I said uneasily.

"He pulled me into it, honest. I had no idea what was going to happen out there until it happened. Do you believe me?" He asked.

"Yeah, I believe you. It’s just gonna take some time for me to trust Beau 100% again, since he pulled this shit."

"Yeah I know, and that’s understandable." He sighed. "I really hope that Jared doesn’t get too overprotective of him, though, ‘cause that would be annoying as hell."

"Jared’s not the overprotective type, he wouldn’t do that." I leaned so I could see his face and kissed him.

We parted and he was smiling. "I guess that’s true." Our lips met again.

"So are we okay?" He asked quietly.

"Of course." I said, smiling, kissing him again.

"Good. Very good. Now lets go back inside." Eric said, letting me go, taking my hand, and walking back inside. We walked back in the living room and we saw Jared and Beau cuddled on their huge chair together. I smiled and hid my giggles.

"So is everyone good? We’re all lovey-dovey and whatnot?" Matt asked.

"Mhm." Jared said, kissing Beau.

"Yup, definitely." Eric said, pressing me against him.

"Good. One less thing to worry about on tour." Matt said, yawning. "God, I still think you got us up too early."

"You’ll wake up later." Mike said. His Monster definitely helped him wake up. He was slightly bouncing on the couch. Then his eyes got really wide and he slapped Mike’s knee. "DUDE! We’re going on TOUR today! Isn’t that EXCITING!?" He yelled, rocking back and forth on the couch.

"Yeah, exciting, totally." Matt said in slight pain, rubbing his leg where Mike slapped it.

"Come OOOOOON man! You need a little more umph!"

"Oh, I’ll give you umph..." Matt pushed Mike off the couch. "Right on your ass."

"HEY! NOT COOL! NOT. COOL."

"Psh, you deserved it for five starring my leg."

"Whatever, man." He said, waving Matt away and zoning out on the wall across from him.

"I knew he should’ve gone with the coffee when I said he should get something to wake him up. He’s gonna crash so hardcore later." Beau said.

"And it’s gonna be funny as hell." Eric said, squeezing my side even tighter. I looked at him and smiled.

"I don’t want you to go." I said, tears falling down my cheeks, face pressed into his shoulder.

"Don’t worry, I’ll call everyday. We can talk for however long you want, okay?" He said quietly, leaning me away from him, playing with my hair. "Okay?"

I smiled at him through tear-blurred vision. "Okay."

He gave me an extremely passionate kiss. My cheeks started going red with embarrassment once I realized everyone else was standing around us. I didn’t want to pull away, though. This was the last time I was gonna physically hold him and talk to him and touch him for months. I needed to make the most of it.

"Alright, you two. We need to get going." Matt said, patting Eric on the shoulder.

We parted and smiled, even though I could see slight sadness in his eyes. "I’m gonna miss you so much." He whispered, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Me too." I said.

"I love you." He continued whispering.

"Love you, too." I said, sighing heavily, resisting the urge to totally breakdown. Stupid hormones.

"The first venue’s only a few hours away, I’ll call you when we get there, okay?"

"Okay." I said quietly.

He kissed me one last time before he left to get in the van. Beau started the van and drove away, while everyone waved us goodbye.