Wanted Words

Beaten Words

Frankie’s P.O.V

Walking through the dark streets, hand in hand with Gerard after our movie date, I had never been so happy. The fans had taken the news of me and Gerard really well and the paparazzi were having a field day.

My life was so perfect.

I really should have knocked on wood after thinking that.

Turning the corner as we headed towards our hotel, we were suddenly grabbed from behind and dragged into an alleyway.

When we were released, we both spun around and stared warily at the four guys blocking the exit.

“We don’t appreciate fags running around our neighbourhood.” One of the thugs snickered, hefting a metal bar from hand to hand.

“Especially emo pieces of shit.” Another one added.

“Would have been easier if you had just killed yourselves, but now, it looks like we have to beat your asses up instead.” The slightly shorter one giggled before in a flash they came at us.

I have never been so scared in my life. All I could feel was pain as I was repeatedly hit, kicked and punched.
I screamed at them to leave Gerard alone as I saw one of them wildly swinging the metal pole at random parts of Gerard’s body. I cried out as I felt what must have been several of my ribs crack under the weight of a steel capped boot.

Eye’s swimming with tears I glanced over and saw Gerard staring at me, screaming at the guys hovering around me to leave me alone, at least that’s what I think he was saying. My heart was pounding so loud in my ears, and I think it had started raining too.

I screamed until my voice cracked for Gerard to look out, but it was too late. I saw him get smashed over the head with the metal pole, blood spraying from his head onto the alley wall.
His body fell with a sickening thud as it landed on the hard ground and I tried to scramble up to my feet to run over to him.
My legs came out from under me though, as one of the thugs hit me behind the knees with a piece of wood.

Soon, I could feel nothing but the almost rhythmic beating of hard objects colliding with my beaten body, and I silently prayed to God that Gerard was okay, and thankyou for the fact that blackness was slowly creeping up the edges of my tear filled vision.

The last thought in my head before I was totally engulfed by darkness was of Gerard, smiling that gorgeous smile of his. The last thing I heard was his happy laughter ringing in my ears.

Would I ever hear it again?
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: I must apologise for one, this chapter being so short, two, this chapter taking so long to get written, and three, for this chapter being crap. To be honest I wrote the ending to this before I finished the middle parts and I think it must have sapped my interest of this storyline away. So sorry if this is boring, or not well written or whatever.
About the next chapter(s).
I originally wrote one ending to this story, but under the threat of death from several of my friends, I wrote another one.
So, yes, this story will have alternate endings. One is a death-fic ending and one is a happy ending. I’ll post them at the same time and label them so you can choose to read one, the other or both. Not sure when they will be up, as I have only written the death-fic and I have exams. But yeah, thanks for sticking around and not kicking my ass for not updating in ages.
Virtual Llama’s for all who comment!!

Wow, I think this author's note is longer than the chapter....o.O