Status: Going to mom's for 2 weeks so i'll post when I get back

That Was Then, This Is Now

When You Look Me In The Eyes (Chapter 5)

I stood on the dock, waiting. Occasionally I would look at the sun to watch how beautifully it sat. I only arrived five minutes early. But the five minutes I stood alone seemed way longer than I would've thought.
I was hoping either he would blew me off or the whole thing would just fly by.
The sun continued to set, backing skies started looking like an array of oranges, pinks, and reds. My eyes, instead of moving from my feet to the boat to the sky, locked on the setting.
Accidently overhearing a ticket collector on the boat, I took notice to the fact that Joe only had one minute to get here. Boy did he know the moments to show up too.
I felt two hands grab my sides as I jumped and yelped with surprise.
"Joe! You mofo!" I shrieked with laughter.
"Well, hi to you too," he spoke, being sarcastic. "Can you at least turn around so I can see my date?"
I flinched at the word. But knew it was true so I turned around to face Joe.
"Happy now?" I asked as I turned.
Joe's jaw dropped and I noticed his pants got a little tighter.
He stared at me for a second later and then realized what was going on. His voice became a little higher pitched.
"We should get to the boat."
He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the boat.
"Ticatos, pleasy?" The Mexican ticket collector asked.
Joe shot me a look of confusion and I mouthed back 'tickets'. He handed the dude the tickets and we climbed aboard the boat. In the lobby of the boat, we heard 'I'm On A Boat' playing.
"Please come this way to be seated," A guy said as we followed him into the dining area.
We sat and situated oursleves in our chairs, ordering our drinks. I got a Blushing Pink Soda, which is pineapples, strawberries, and vanilla ice cream.
As soon as the waitor walked away, I sat my arms on the table and put my head between my hands.
"So how've you been," he asked, casually, as if we were long time friends.
"Don't act like you're having a good time or that we're best friends, 'cuz I know you're not and we're not." I set the record straight.
Joe gave me a puzzled look.
"I wanna have a good time. I'm gonna attempt too. You don't have to do anything but eat and nod."
I was shocked that Joe really wanted to have a good time.
"Joe, you haven't talked to me since-"
"Since that night, I know."
"And you always give me the weirdest looks! What are those all about??"
"Well, you just always look so...so focused, so taken by everything. And emotional or deep in thought. I-"
Before he could get out his thought, a girl that looked about twelve stood in front of me.
"Hi, my name is Mollie," the little girl spoke with a soft voice.
"Well, hi there Mollie. What can I do for you?"
"Can you sign this and take a picture?" I nodded and signed a mini poster for her.
"Y'know, our cds coming out in a few weeks," I informed her as she shot a picture.
"I know! I'm so excited for it!" The girl stayed standing as I sat back down in my chair. I took a sip of my Blushing Pink Soda and looked back up at her when she didn't leave.
"Mollie, is there anything else you wanted to ask?" She nodded and glanced over at Joe and then to her feet. "You can ask."
There was a slight pause.
"Can you sing for me?" She looked toward the karaoke stage.
I thought about it for a minute. Peeking a look at Joe, I seen that he was nodding.
"I've never seen you perform. You so should," he convinced me.
"Okay," I turned back to the little girl. "I will."
"Actually...by you...I meant you and Joe?" That did it for me. How could anyone expect me to sing with him?? That was just not right!
I nodded my head no.
"I'm sorry," I told her.
I really felt bad for Mollie but it was just all really to much!
"It's okay." She walked away.
Joe's intent stare was on me.
"What??"
"You're really not gonna?"
"No, Joe." I took a sip of my drink again. "I can't. Not with you. I can't sing with you."
"Paige, we were 8-" Tears started to form in my eyes.
"I was 7."
"Still, we were little. Why are you holding this against me? I didn't even do anything!"
"You left."
He was quiet. The silence only lasted a few minutes.
"Do it for her," he signaled to Mollie.
The girl was sitting at a table, watching us, seeing what we were doing. I wiped a ear out from under my eye.
I took in a deep breathed and sighed, "Fine."
"Let's go up there then." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to the stage.
I shot a smile towards the little girl and got one returned.
The music started, followed by Joe's singing.

If the heart is always searching,
Can you ever find a home?

I started singing Nick's part.
I've been looking for that someone,
I'll never make it on my own.
Dreams can't take the place of loving you,
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true


Joe tried to get me to look over at him but I couldn't. I faced the left side crowd and he faced, well, me.
When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.


I continued to look away from him.
How long will I be waiting,
To be with you again
Gonna tell you that I love you,
In the best way that I can.

Joe would not give up so I had to look toward him.
I can't take a day without you here,
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear.

I finally started getting into it. A good show for everyone in the boat.
When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.

More and more, I start to realize,
I can reach my tomorrow,
I can hold my head high,
And it's all because you're by my side.


That got me. I broke into simple tears and knew I couldn't go on. I dropped the mic and walked off the stage. The music stopped and that was it.
♠ ♠ ♠
heyy, this is Chapter 5! Hope you like it and please message me about what you think!! =D