You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 10

We all came into the room with 5 minutes to spare. We sat down.

"So what did you and those guys talk about?" I asked.

"Just to chill the hell out with all the bad talk and shit. Surprisingly, they agreed." Caleb explained. "Jeremiah knew that you wouldn’t let anyone do it if you knew about it, so that’s why no one told you. Did you guys have some nice quality time alone?"

I smiled. "Yeah, he’s coming here after his next class because he only has study halls."

"Really?!" Thomas asked.

"That’s bitchin’!" Caleb said. "So he’s gonna be following us for the rest of the day after he gets here? When’s he getting here?"

"He said about 12:45. His mom’s dropping him off, ‘cause she said that it was cool for him to miss the rest of the day today."

"I wish my parents were that cool." Thomas said.

"Right?"

The bell rang and we all faced forward. I looked at the clock:11:40. One hour.

And it was the longest hour of my life, because it was math, and math bored me extremely. I was almost asleep until Caleb poked my arm, then I propped my head up in my palm so I wouldn’t be so tempted to sleep again. Once the homework was out, we decided to talk again. I looked at the clock.

"He’s coming in 15 minutes." I continually poked both of them in the arm.

"Are we gonna be able to come with you to collect him in the office or is it gonna be a solo thing?" Thomas asked.

"Probably a solo thing. I don’t know what Jeremiah’s planning to do."

"Ahh, yeah, then we’ll leave you alone." Caleb said, closing his book, giving up on his attempt to accomplish something productive in class.

"Awesome." I said. Ten minutes. "I know this is gonna be totally girlish, but how does my hair look?"

"Oh, it is all over the place darling." Caleb said with a fake gay voice, lisp and all.

"Shut up! Seriously!" I hit him in the arm.

He laughed. "Bitchin’, as always."

"Alright, thanks." I ran my fingers through it as a quick once over and waited anxiously. If I thought this past hour was bad, these next ten minutes were gonna be brutal.

The teacher’s phone started ringing. He ran to answer it. While he was on it, he looked at me, and I got excited. He came early!

"Skylar, you have to go to the office."

"Okay!" I said, jumping out of my seat with my stuff. "See you guys next hour." I walked out of the room without being too obvious about anything. I ran a little ways down the hall until I saw the office come into view. I saw a glimpse of Jeremiah’s mom, which meant Jeremiah was in there. I fixed my hair, since it got all funky from running, and got more and more excited the closer I got to the office. I saw Jeremiah poke his head out the door a little bit, and when he saw me, we met halfway, kissing each other immediately. I can’t believe I missed him so much for the little time we were apart. I pulled him into a hug. "This is what I’ve wanted all day."

"Me, too." He said into my shoulder.

"I’m so glad your mom is so cool." I said.

"She’s saying that I’m visiting ‘cause I’m thinking about transferring, which isn’t a lie.."

I hugged him tighter at that mention.

"But I’m mainly here to see you."

I looked at him and smiled, kissing him. "I’m so glad you’re here."

"I’m glad I’m here."

"Alright, I’m out of here, Jeremiah. Beau’s picking you up after school, right?" Jeremiah’s mom asked, coming out of the office.

"Yup, and I’ll be home, hopefully at a better time than last night." He said, laughing as we parted from our hug.

"Yeah, hopefully we won’t fall asleep watching another movie." I said.

"Alright, then I’ll see you two later." She went out the doors.

The bell rang right as we started walking to my locker.

"Oh! So Caleb and Thomas are going after these two girls, right? And Caleb’s girl, Kristen, invited us to come with them on like a triple date. Do you wanna go?" I asked, totally forgetting about that until now.

"Lets do it, it sounds like a lot of fun. And it gives me a chance to show you off." He said, kissing my neck.

I giggled. "Stop it! I have to get my books for class! You are so distracting!"

"That’s my goal." He said.

"Hey Jeremiah!" Caleb and Thomas said in unison.

"Hey guys, what’s up?" He asked.

"Not much. Did Skylar tell you about our plans tonight?" Caleb asked.

"Yup, and I’m excited. I heard you two got yourself some girls?" Jeremiah asked as we all headed to our next class.

"Yup, and I have a feeling that they’re both gonna last." Thomas answered.

"That’s awesome."

Again, we just made it to class at the bell.

"Private school is so much more different than public." Jeremiah said as I held his hand, leading him to where we were sitting.

"Well yeah, obviously." I said.

"So, Skylar, who is our visitor?" The teacher asked.

"This is Jeremiah, and he’s thinking about transferring here next year." I introduced him.

"Ooh, very interesting. And what is he, friend, acquaintance, random person following you around for the day...?" She asked, sounding like she already knew the answer.

"Boyfriend." Jeremiah said with a big smile on his face.

"Oh well that’s pleasant." She said, not having the sarcastic tone in her voice that I thought she would have.

"Kiss him!" One of the jerks said from the opposite side of the room. Obviously not one that Caleb and Thomas talked to.

"No, that’s totally uncalled for." I argued.

"No one needs to see that." The teacher added on.

"I wouldn’t mind." Jeremiah said simply.

Everyone looked back at him, and he just shrugged, smirking. "I could honestly care less, but for Skylar’s sake, and the lovely teacher of this classroom’s sake, I won’t do anything too drastic."

"And I thank you for that, Jeremiah, and James, keep your mouth shut. No one wants to hear stuff like that."

"It’d probably get some of the girls in here a little hot and bothered." He said, smirking.

"Aaaaand we’re done." She said again.

"Don’t deny it." He continued.

"If you don’t knock it off you’re being sent out of here." She threatened.

"Just speaking the truth." James said.

"Well the truth is extremely inappropriate for the classroom, so please shut your mouth and let me get on with class." She made an exasperated sigh. "Sorry, Jeremiah, Skylar. That was totally rude. Welcome, Jeremiah."

"Thank you." He said. "And could I just say something before we close this conversation?"

"Go ahead."

"If James wants to see us kiss so bad, wouldn’t he be the one getting all, quote unquote, ‘hot and bothered’?"

A huge sea of "ooh" and "oooh snap" erupted from the rest of the class. James said nothing the rest of the class.

I tried paying attention during class, but either Jeremiah wouldn’t stop messing with me or I wouldn’t stop messing with him.

"I’m surprised that we didn’t get kicked out of class." I said as we were walking to my last hour, which was art.

"Hey, when is your guys’ prom?" Jeremiah asked.

Before I could tell him, I realized what he was gonna say. I stopped in the middle of the hallway and hugged him. "I’d love to go to prom with you!!"

He giggled and pulled me away, our faces less than an inch apart. "Is it too crowded for me to kiss you?"

I kissed him first, giving him an obvious no answer. I wouldn’t have cared if there was a circle crowding us. I was going to prom with Jeremiah. We parted and basically sprinted to the art room once we noticed that the hallways were almost cleared.

"Oh, Skylar, who is this?"

"Jeremiah, Mrs. Pro. Mrs. Pro, Jeremiah." I introduced.

"Is he transferring?" She asked.

"Possibly, I’m taking him around with me." I said, grabbing his hand, smiling. Mrs. Pro was my favorite teacher, she was like a mother.

"I can see why you want him to transfer here." She said with a smirk on her face.

This time, we both blushed.

"Yeah." I said, looking at the floor.

"Lets go find a table." Jeremiah said in my ear.

I nodded and started towards the table that I always sat at. Neither Caleb nor Thomas were in last hour with me, so this was an hour of me time. About half way to my table, Jeremiah decided to stick his hands in my butt pockets.

"Ah! What are you doing?" I said, laughing, trying to get his hands out of my pockets, probably looking like a retard.

"My hands are cold and I don’t feel like putting my hands in my pockets." He said.

"I know this is just an excuse to feel up my butt." I said flatly, turning my head to look at him, and he had a dorky grin on his face.

"Is that such a bad thing?"

I laughed, now ignoring the fact that he was pulling down my pants while I was walking to my bin on the wall with all my projects. "You should probably pull up my pants for me, since you’re so infatuated with them."

"Aww, why up?" He said in a whiny voice, pulling them down a little further.

"Ah, Jeremiah!" I said, turning around so his hands slipped out of my pockets. "You’re frisky today." I pulled up my pants and sat down with my project.

"I can’t help that you’re so hot."

I giggled and tried to concentrate on my project.

"You know I love you, right?" Jeremiah asked, scooting til we were right up against each other on our stools.

"No, I had no idea." I said sarcastically, smiling at him.

He gasped. "Really? Well, I might have to change that."

"And how do you suppose you’re going to do this?" I asked, arching one eyebrow.

"Are you suuuure you don’t know I love you? Because this might get embarrassing."

"Do whatever it takes, because I’m completely lost." I said, smirking. I was surprised Mrs. Pro wasn’t doing anything to make us stop, and I was completely fine with that.

"Well, first, I’m gonna do this." He jumped on my lap, straddling me. He wrapped his arms around my neck, leaning away so he was only holding on by his hands. Complete sexiness.

"Then what?" I asked quietly, looking at him through my hair, biting my lip, this time intentionally.

He smirked, then came down to kiss me, rather, practically make out with me on my lap. I was starting to get over my public affection issues.

"Alright, alright, break it up, you two." Mrs. Pro finally said.

We parted, smiling.

"Do you believe me now?" He said quietly, putting his forehead on mine.

I kissed him once more before he got off. "Absolutely."

"Kay good. I would be worried if you didn’t figure it out."

I laughed. "I really need to work on this."

"Then I’ll let you work." Jeremiah said, resting his head in the palms of his hands, his elbows on the table, looking at me.

I felt my cheeks get warm. "I don’t like it when people look at me when I’m drawing, I feel intimidated."

"I’m sorry, babe. I can’t help it, though."

"Do you have any homework?" I asked.

"Not here."

I sighed. "I guess I’m not working on this then." I pushed it aside and turned to face Jeremiah so our knees touched. "So what are we gonna wear to prom? It’s only like, a month away, and I don’t wanna throw together just anything and make it look sloppy."

"Me neither. And I don’t have any money to rent a suit."

"Nope." I said, not really knowing what to do with the little money we did have. "We could just, you know, go how we usually dress. I wouldn’t feel right in a suit anyways. The pants are way too baggy." I said, running my hands up Jeremiah’s legs.

"And I wouldn’t be able to see your amazing ass."

I smiled, laughing a little to myself. "Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I do have a pretty nice one."

"At least you’re not being modest about it."

"Why do you think I flaunt it?"

"To show it off to me."

"Because it’s just that amazing."

He laughed. "I wanna leeeeeave. I can’t stand not being able to get close to you." Jeremiah whined.

I looked at the clock. "There’s only fifteen minutes left of class, can you hang on for that long?"

He sighed. "I guess. Until then, though.." He paused. "Did you know you have the most amazing green eyes ever? And the way you do your hair is absolutely adorable..."

I knew he was doing this to embarrass me, but I wouldn’t give in.

"And you know, no matter how much I don’t wanna say this, you and Caleb would be really cute together."

I shook my head. "No, that would be so awkward. And besides, we’re so much cuter than me and Caleb would ever be."

He smiled. "I know."

"At least you’re not one of those insecure people who accuse their boyfriends of cheating every time they’re out with someone that’s not them."

"I don’t have to worry about that with you, and if you did end up doing something behind my back, I’d be able to tell you did something. You’re not very good at hiding your emotions." He laughed a little. "And I know you’re so hopelessly devoted to me that you’d never do anything like that."

"And I know you’re soooo in love with me that you’ll trust anything I say, and even if I do something wrong, you’ll, eventually, forgive me." I looked at the floor, feeling slightly unsure of the last statement. "At least I hope."

Jeremiah tilted my head up and kissed me. I heard Mrs. Pro clear her throat at us, and Jeremiah pulled away slowly, smiling. "Of course I’d forgive you, Sky. You’d have to prove to me that you want me over whoever it is you flinged it up with, though, and it will not be easy." His smile turned into a smirk.

"Oh, I have a feeling that it’ll be easy for me to get your approval." I said, running my finger up his thigh.

This time he was the one biting his lip as he grabbed my hand.

I smirked and laughed to myself. "Now who’s the one that’s embarrassed?"

"I’m not embarrassed. I’m trying to hold myself back from jumping on you." He said quietly, playfully.

I looked at the clock. "Five more minutes."

He sighed, putting his head in my lap. "It’s gonna be longer than that, ‘cause after class we have to catch up to Caleb and Thomas and their lady friends and see what’s going on tonight, and then we have to catch a ride with Beau, and then, I will finally be able to get my hands all over you."

I smiled, petting his hair. "Lady friends?"

He lifted his head out of my lap and stared at me with his mouth open a little. "Out of that whole explanation, all you got out of it is that I called Caleb and Thomas’ girls lady friends?"

I laughed. "No, no, I got it all, Jeremiah, don’t worry. We just won’t stick around Caleb and Thomas too long, okay?"

"Well don’t rush yourself over me, take your time. You do have other friends."

"Alright, well, it just seems like you wanna get out of here, and the reason is making me wanna kinda rush too." I said, doing a little antsy dance in my stool.

"Do whatever you wanna do, hon." He said, patting my thigh.

I smiled, leaning in closer, and, when I knew Mrs. Pro wasn’t looking, I snuck a kiss.

I leaned away before she could look over here again and give us weird looks.

The bell finally rang and I put my stuff away.

"See ya tomorrow, Mrs. Pro." I said, waving.

"I won’t see you, but it was nice to meet you." Jeremiah said, also waving, with the hand that wasn’t, once again, in my ass pocket.

"Bye, boys." She said as we left her room, and I could tell she was laughing.