You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 11

"Alright, time to find Caleb and Thomas." I said, going to Caleb’s locker first. When I saw that Caleb was there, I ran up to his locker, making Jeremiah run as well, once again, pulling down my pants, at least on one side. I stopped half a foot from him and started poking him, smiling. "Caleb. Caleb. Hey Caleb."

"Whaaat?" He said, turning to me.

"Everyone still down for tonight?" I asked, still smiling, still poking him.

He laughed and moved out of the way of my poking. "Yes, everything is still down for tonight."

"Awesome." I tried pulling my pants up with my free hand, but Jeremiah adjusted them to his liking again. I rolled my eyes and gave up, since the school was emptying anyways.

I felt Jeremiah suddenly slam into me, and that force slammed me into a locker, followed by laughter and a bunch of names.

"I’m gonna fucking punch those jackasses in the face." Jeremiah said, getting off me, sounding royally pissed.

"Fuckin’ dumbass." Caleb said, going after that guy with Jeremiah. I wanted to yell for them to stop, but I didn’t realize that I got the wind knocked out of me when I ran into the locker. I fell to the floor holding my stomach, taking deep breaths. A few seconds later, Thomas came and saw me through the small crowd of people.

"Oh my god, Skylar, what happened?"

I coughed before I tried speaking. "Some jackass pushed Jeremiah and I into a locker and started talking shit, now Jeremiah and Caleb are going after him to kick his ass. I would much appreciate it if you told them to stop and you didn’t join them. I’d hate to see any of you guys hurt or suspended for something this stupid." I explained, my voice getting less and less as I explained.

"Alright, I can do that. Can you stand up?" Thomas asked, worried.

I nodded. "I’m fine. I just sat down so I wouldn’t take a huge fall if I ended up passing out or whatever. Just go and stop those two."

"Okay, we’ll be back soon." Thomas got up and ran towards Caleb and Jeremiah and the dumbass guy who pushed us. I heard them chanting "fight, fight, fight!" already down the hall, which just brought tears to my eyes, thinking of everything that could go wrong to either one of them, even Thomas. I slowly got up, then I got a little boost from Kristen. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine. I just gotta get to Jeremiah and Caleb. They’re starting a huge fight."

"Oh no, that’s definitely not good." Kristen said, sounding as worried as I felt.

We got to the fight, and there was a circle of twenty or so people surrounding Jeremiah, Caleb, and the jerk guy, who so happened to be James. Figures.

"Jeremiah! Caleb! Stop now!" I tried yelling over the crowd. I saw that there wasn’t much action, they were just standing on opposite ends of the circle, both Caleb and Jeremiah smirking. I couldn’t find Thomas anywhere.

I pulled Kristen through with me to the front, where Jeremiah and Caleb saw me on the verge of tears. Jeremiah’s tough smirk faltered and he got an apologetic look on his face. I waved for him to get out of the ring of people, along with Caleb, who also had the same look on his face, and Jeremiah hugged me tightly. "I’m so sorry."

I squeezed him closer, putting my head on his shoulder. "You had me really scared. Anything could’ve happened if that would’ve went on."

"I know, I know, I wasn’t thinking straight. I’m sorry.." He said, sniffling.

Hearing him cry made my tears start falling as well. "Just promise never to do it again, no matter how much someone pisses you off?" I leaned away from him, wiping my tears.

He grabbed my face to wipe them more me. "I promise." He said, smiling a little bit, looking into my eyes with his own tear-filled ones. We kissed softly, then realizing that the group around us dissipated, leaving only Caleb, Kristen, who was clinging onto Caleb like I was Jeremiah, Thomas and Halee, who were holding hands.

"So are we gonna fight or what?" I heard James ask behind us.

"Fuck off, James." Caleb and I said in unison.

"No, I want a fuckin’ fight!" He yelled.

I turned around, pissed. "James, we don’t want to fight. Fighting is fucking retarded. Just go the hell away and leave us alone."

"That’s not what your little boyfriend over there was saying before. He was all for it."

"Yeah, that was before. Now I’m not ‘all for it’. I’d rather settle this through talking rather than beating the shit out of you." Jeremiah said, getting slightly cocky at the last part of his sentence.

James laughed. "You, beat the shit out of me? You’re funny as hell. I would like to see you try and beat me up."

"Well I wouldn’t, so we’re just gonna.." I started, pulling Jeremiah.

"Don’t judge a book by it’s cover, James. I’m a lot stronger than I look, and I could kick the shit out of you so easily." Jeremiah said darkly.

"Bring it, scrawny shit."

"Jeremiah, please..." I begged him.

He didn’t listen and pulled away from me, going towards James, who had a big ass smirk on his face.

"You can make the first move." Jeremiah said cooly.

James threw his fist right at his face, but Jeremiah deflected it, grabbing his arm and twisting it behind his back. He then kicked out his legs so he was on his knees. James looked legitimately freaked out.

"Don’t underestimate me, James. I’ve been in taekwondo for 4 years, so I know how to fight." He said quietly, intensely. He was kind of freaking me out, though. At least he knows how to defend himself.

"Are you gonna fuck off and leave us alone?" He asked, getting extremely close to his face.

James nodded frantically. Jeremiah leaned away, smirking. "Good." He let James go and walked back to me, hugging me tightly. "I’m sorry, Sky. I know you didn’t want me to do that, but it had to be done."

I sighed. "I know." I leaned away so I could look at him. "We should probably go, Beau’s been waiting. I’m surprised he hasn’t come in yet."

"Oh shit, that’s right. How are you guys getting home? And don’t you have to stop at your locker, Sky?" Jeremiah asked.

"We’re getting rides from our parents, and they’re probably out there already, too. So we’ll see you guys tonight."

I hugged Caleb and Thomas before they left. "See you guys."

I came back to Jeremiah and grabbed his hand. "And yes, I do still have to go to my locker. Lets go."

It was awkwardly silent between us as we got to my locker.

"At least you didn’t get any bruises or scrapes." I said, stuffing stuff in my backpack.

Jeremiah laughed. "I knew I wouldn’t. I could pretty much tell what he was gonna do before he even did it. I wasn’t in any danger at all."

I closed my locker and went to kiss him. Jeremiah really started getting into it before I pulled away, smiling. "Beau."

"Oh, that’s right." He said. I could see his cheeks turn a slight shade of red. We started back down the hall towards the doors. We got outside and Beau’s car was surprisingly still there, waiting for us.

"It’s about time you guys got out of there, geez." Beau said, driving off once we were both in the car.

"Sorry, we got caught up in something." Jeremiah said.

"It’s no problem, I...wait, Jeremiah? Why are you here? Don’t you still have school?" Beau asked, totally confused.

"His mom let him out early, ‘cause his last two classes are study halls, so he could visit me and scope out the school. He’s thinking about transferring to this school next year."

"Well that’s exciting." Beau said, smiling at Jeremiah through the rearview mirror.

"What grade is James in?" Jeremiah asked.

"He’s a senior, thank god."

"Alright, as long as I don’t have to deal with him next year."

I gasped a little. "You’re fer sure transferring?!"

He nodded, smiling.

I squeed and hugged him the best I could in a car. "Ohmygod! I’m so excited!" I let go of him. "But now I won’t be able to see you in your adorable uniforms."

"Yeah, but.."

I cut him off with a kiss. "Thank you."

He smiled. "I love you."

I put my hand on the side of his neck, kissing him again. "I love you, too."

We pulled into the driveway. I looked at the clock before Beau turned off the car: 3:07.

We got out and went into the house, going straight into the kitchen. I grabbed a bag of Cooler Ranch Doritos and Jeremiah grabbed two cans of Dr. Pepper.

"Hey guys, getting home kinda late, aren’t you?" Jared said from the living room, sprawled out on the couch.

"Yeah, a little." I said.

"What did you do?"

"I don’t wanna talk about it."

"Oh, okay then. What are you guys up to for tonight?" He asked.

"We’re going on a triple date type thing with Caleb and Thomas, since they both have dates and they’re both going out tonight, they invited us along." Jeremiah explained.

"Oh, that sounds like fun. When are you leaving?"

"Around 6. I don’t know when we’re gonna be back though. Not too late, I know." I said.

"Alright, have fun." Jared said, letting us go to my room. I closed the door and set the bag of Doritos on my night stand, Jeremiah following with the two cans of soda.

"I don’t know what I’m gonna wear tonight." I said, sitting on my bed.

"I think you look amazing, as always." Jeremiah said, sitting next to me.

I laughed a little. "I look like shit today. I only had 15 minutes to get ready."

"You’re gorgeous for getting ready in 15 minutes." He said, smiling.

"You’re just saying that ‘cause you always think I look good."

"Is that such a bad thing?" He asked, getting closer.

"I guess not, no...but I still don’t look good today." I said, smiling. Now I was just messing with him. I know how bad he wanted me, I could tell by how he was acting.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Yes. You do. Stop putting yourself down..otherwise I might have to do that for you." He smirked.

"Oh, really now? Are you sure about that?" I asked.

He gave me a mischievous look, then pushed me down on the bed, falling on top of me. He didn’t waste much time between that and attacking me with a passionate kiss. I could tell that he wanted to go all the way with me, but I wanted our first time to be special.

I rolled so I was on top of him now. He wanted this all day, and I did too. It felt so good to be out of the restraints we had at school. We could do whatever we wanted and it wouldn’t matter, because we’d be the only ones that would know.

I pulled away from him a little, making circles on his chest. "I need to shower." I said quietly.

"I think I need to come with you."

I laughed, blushing, putting my face in his chest. "I would love you to, but that wouldn’t be a very romantic place for our first time, now would it?"

He sighed, kissing the top of my head. "I guess not, no."

"And I want our first time to be special." I added on.

"Me, too." He said.

I looked at him, smiling. "Good. I’m gonna go shower, kay? I won’t be long." I kissed him.

"Can you come out shirtless? ‘Accidentally forget a shirt’?" He asked, smirking.

I patted his chest, getting off him. "I’ll think about it. It’ll be a surprise."

"The suspense is already killing me."

I laughed, going into my dresser. "These pants?" I pulled out some dark blue, faded ones.

"Yes. I love those on you."

I blushed and put them on my bed. I went to my shirts. "Hmm..band shirt or no..."

"What band do you have in mind?" Jeremiah asked, sitting on the floor next to me.

"I’m not sure, I don’t know what genre of music I’m feeling." I dug through my shirts and pulled out my nevershoutnever! shirt. "Acoustic?"

"I think I’m feeling acoustic. And that shirt looks amazing on you, anyways."

"That’s because it hugs my bodacious curves." I said, getting up and grabbing my clothes.

"Exactly!" He said, kissing me before letting me shower.

"You can go chill with Beau and Jared, but I don’t know what they’re doing."

"Yeah, I’ll just chill here, go on the computer or something."

I laughed. "Alright, that works. Just don’t drink my Dr. Pepper."

"I know, I know."

"Good." I said, smiling, then leaving to shower.

When I got out, it was already quarter to 5, and I haven’t even done my hair yet, let alone dry it. I granted Jeremiah’s wish of coming into my room shirtless to throw my laundry in my laundry basket, which was emptied. I guess they did laundry today.

"Oh, come here you sexy thang." Jeremiah said, turning around in my computer chair and standing up.

I smirked and walked towards him as he met me half way. He was so impatient. He kissed me while feeling up and down my chest.

"You should walk around shirtless. All the time." Jeremiah said quietly, tracing the line down my chest.

I giggled and wiggled away, putting on my nevershoutnever! shirt.

"What, are you ticklish?" He asked, now having fun with this.

"Yeah, extremely!" I said, still laughing. "I hate to do this to you, but shouldn’t you go home and get ready? We only have like an hour." I suggested.

"I was thinking that. Should I just come over here when I’m ready?" He asked.

"No, stay at your house and never speak to me again. Of course come over here when you’re ready!" I said, hugging him tightly.

He laughed into my shoulder. "Alright, sweetie, I’ll see you in a little while, okay?" He leaned away from me and gave me a deep kiss before we walked to the door. I hugged him once more before he left to go next door.

"Holy crap, I can’t believe it. Sky and Jeremiah, separated from each other?" Beau said, in sarcastic shock.

I turned and saw Beau cuddling with Jared on the couch while they were watching a movie.

"Whatever, guys. He’s coming back when he’s done getting ready."

"Should’ve seen that one coming. He might as well just move in." Jared said.

"Could he?!" I asked, getting excited.

"Haha, no Sky. That’s not gonna happen." Beau said.

I got a discouraged look on my face, but then got over it. I knew that was too much to ask. "Should’ve seen that one coming." I said, mocking Jared.

"Hey, hey now." Jared said, smiling.

I laughed, going down the hall. "I’m going to get ready before you two distract me any more."

I got into the bathroom and took off my shirt, closing the door. I hated doing my hair with a shirt on. All my hair somehow clings to my shirt and I spend ten minutes picking it all off.

I was all done with my hair super fast today for some reason, so I started playing with it and parting it different ways, and finally found my normal part. I loved my hair straight, it was so soft and wispy. I dug in my bathroom drawers and found the black eyeliner I barely used. I only used it when I was feeling ambitious and obnoxious or extremely bored, both of which I was feeling. At first I just put a thin layer on, and that actually didn’t look too bad. I think Jeremiah would like it. I thought about thickening it up a little, but I decided against it. I didn’t wanna look gross. I looked at the clock: 5:40.

"I absolutely love the eyeliner, Sky. It makes your eyes pop more so than they already do." I heard Jeremiah say behind me.

I jumped at his voice and turned around. "Oh, thank you. I thought you might. You’re not being sarcastic, are you?"

"No, definitely not. I think it looks hot on you. You should wear it more often." He said, coming in the bathroom with me.

I looked over what he was wearing. He had on black skinny jeans and a white shirt with a really cool black and neon design on it with his neon green and black studded belt and black chucks, completing the look with a bandana in his butt pocket and his hair spiked perfectly.

"Now you, my love, look delectable." I said, pulling him towards me, kissing him. "You should get some of this eyeliner on, too. It would look so good on you."

"Nah, I don’t wanna wear it of you’re wearing it, too. It’d be like we were copying each other or something."

"Alright, suit yourself.." I said, sticking it back in my drawer. "I just need to grab my belt and we can head over to the park."

"Awesome." Jeremiah said, following me to my room. I grabbed my silver and black studded belt and put on my chucks, checking my hair once more.

"It looks fine, Sky. Lets go." He said, pulling me out of my room towards the front door.

"Alright, we’re heading out. We’ll be back later. I have my phone." I said as Jeremiah pulled me out the door. He slammed the door before they could say goodbye. "Geez Jeremiah, in a rush, much?"

"Well if we don’t hurry up then we’ll be late." He said, slowing down a little bit.

"Well they’re probably not gonna arrive at exactly 6 either. Besides, the park isn’t that far from my house. We could’ve easily made it early if we left five minutes later. Now we’re gonna be super early and the first ones there."

"Well that means more time to ourselves before everyone gets there." He said quietly, taking his hand out of mine and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I guess that’s true." I said, faintly seeing the park sign in the distance behind some trees. I looked at my phone for the time. "Ten minutes to ourselves, if we get there in two minutes."

"We can do it. I see it already." Jeremiah said, walking a little faster, pushing me to do so as well, and we did make it in two minutes. We sat on the bench on the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for the other 4. "Alright, we have ten minutes to ourselves."

"We do." I said quietly, smirking, putting my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him slightly closer.

"We could do a lot in ten minutes." He said, his voice getting more quiet and more seductive.

"We could." I said, my face inching closer to his. Our lips eventually met. There was something about kissing under the sunset that made this moment more romantic. We parted and I looked at the sky. It was purple and pink as the sun was almost gone.

"The sky is so amazing." I said.

"Maybe that’s why I call you Sky." Jeremiah said.

I looked down at him, and he was smiling.

"Awww, Jeremiah. That’s so sweet." I said, hugging him tightly.

"It’s true, though. You’re so amazing. I could see myself spending the rest of my life with you."

I giggled into his shoulder. "I hope you do, because I definitely do." I looked at him. "Whenever I say I love you, I always feel it’s an understatement, because it’s so much more than that. I absolutely adore you, everything about you is amazing and perfect, and I wouldn’t trade you for anyone."

Jeremiah giggled and blushed, pulling me into him again. "Sky, you are the sweetest, most wonderful person I have ever met, and I don’t know what I would do without you in my life since you’ve been in it."

I blushed and giggled as well.

"Awwwwww!!!" I heard a girl squee in front of us. We both looked up and saw Kristen and Caleb standing in front of us, smiling. Kristen was holding her hands up to her mouth, smiling. "Sorry, we didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but we couldn’t ruin that moment. It was too precious."

I smiled and put my face into Jeremiah’s shoulder.

"Where are the other two?" Jeremiah asked.

"They’re on their way. I texted him and he said that they should be here shortly."

"Sweet. Where are we going after this? Are we doing dinner or anything?"

"Halee made reservations for this one restaurant not too far from here." Kristen said.

"Oh, I really hope it’s not too formal, because we’re all not dressed for the part." I said, looking around at everyone’s wardrobe.

"It should be fine. She said it was nothing too fancy."

"Sorry we’re late, guys. Lets get to the restaurant before we’re late. We have like, 20 minutes to get there." Halee said, not really stopping to chat, with Thomas in tow.

"I guess we’re going, then?" I asked, getting up, Jeremiah following, both of us wrapping our arms around each others’ waists. Caleb and Kristen walked next to us, with Caleb on my side. I never really realized how wide these sidewalks were until now.

We made it to the restaurant, which happened to be Applebees, with 5 minutes to spare.

"Green, table for 6." Halee said over the podium.

"Alright, right this way, we have a table that was just prepared." The old guy led us to a nice secluded wrap around booth. "And a waitress will be here with you shortly."

"Thank you." I said, sliding in after Caleb and Kristen, taking my menu and looking through it.

"Hello, my name is Tracy and I will be your waiter tonight. Can I start you guys off with anything to drink?"

We started with Thomas first. "Um, I’ll have a Pepsi."

"Two Pepsis." Halee said, smiling at the waitress, then at Thomas.

"Alright, and for you two?"

"Raspberry lemonade." We said in unison. We looked at each other and giggled.

The waitress looked at us like she wanted to giggle too, but she resisted. "And for you two?"

"Mountain Dew." Kristen said.

"I’ll just have water." Caleb said, smiling at the waitress.

She, "Tracy", finished writing down our drink orders and stuck it in her apron pocket. "Alright, I’ll have those out for you in a minute. Do you guys still need more time to think about what you want to order?"

"Yeah, definitely." Halee said, smiling.

Tracy smiled at us and walked away.

"What are you looking at?" Jeremiah asked me.

"Pasta. What about you?" I asked.

"Pasta." He looked up from his menu, smiling.

"Triple cheese Alfredo with the tomato stuff on top?"

"Holy shit." He said, setting down his menu.

"That’s insane." Caleb said, also setting down his menu. "And you thought we were bad, Skylar."

"Yeah I know." I said, still in slight shock.

"Alright, here are all your drinks..two Pepsis, two raspberry lemonades, one Mountain Dew, and one water." She passed them all out, setting the platter down on the ground next to Caleb. "Are you all ready to order, or do you still need a few minutes?"

"I know we’re ready, but I don’t know about the rest of them." I said, grabbing Jeremiah’s hand under the table.

"We’re both ready. What about you, Kristen, Caleb?"

"Yeah, we’re ready. And we’ll start." Caleb said, and then ordered for himself and Kristen.

"And what would you two gentlemen like?"

"We would both like the triple cheese Alfredo pasta, but could mine not have any of the tomato stuff on it? I’m not too fond of the tomatoes." Jeremiah asked.

"Sure, that can be done for you. And for you two?" She pointed to Thomas and Halee. I tuned out their order and smiled at Jeremiah, resting my head on his shoulder.

"So are we splitting the bill between the six of us?" Caleb asked.

"That’s what I was thinking." Halee said.

Everyone was making small talk while we waited for our food. I almost fell asleep on Jeremiah’s shoulder until Caleb poked me.

I sat up and automatically fixed my hair. "Thanks, man." I yawned.

"Do you just want me to go home after this so you can sleep?" Jeremiah asked, wrapping his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"Lets see if the food gives me energy before we make plans for afterwards."

Jeremiah smiled. "Okay."

About ten minutes later, the food came, and it all smelled so good.

"And for you, Alfredo pasta without tomatoes." She handed the bowl of pasta to Jeremiah.

"Thank you so much."

"It looks and smells delicious." I said as she handed me my bowl. I dug into my pasta. Once I finished chewing and swallowing, I said, "and it tastes as amazing as it smells."

"Well thank you very much. Everyone else enjoy your meals and I’ll be back to check up on you." She walked away as we ate in silence. It must’ve been really good for everyone, because no one talked, they only ate. Once we were done and were too full for desert, we got the bill and split it six ways. Conveniently, it split to about ten bucks a person. I dug out my wallet and pulled out a ten, but Jeremiah handed Halee a twenty to put in the bill book.

"Hey, now, now. I want to pay for my own meal." I said.

"No you don’t. I wanna pay for both of our meals."

"No, you wanna pay for your meal and I want to pay for mine."

"Not haaaappening..." Jeremiah said, looking at the ceiling, smiling.

"God, you frustrate me sometimes." I said, stuffing my money back in my pocket, trying not to smile.

"You know you love me." He said, pulling me into him again.

I laughed. "I can’t deny that."

Once all the money was in the black envelope, we got up to leave.

"Oh, that was so good." Halee said, leaning into Thomas.

"I know, I don’t think I could eat another bite." Kristen agreed, her and Caleb practically mirroring Thomas and Halee.

"Did the food give you energy?" Jeremiah asked, hopeful.

I yawned again, shaking my head. "I’m sorry, babe. You can stay with me til I fall asleep."

He kissed me on the cheek. "I think I will."