You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 13

The Night Of Prom...

Jeremiah looked absolutely amazing in his prom outfit. He was wearing the black skinny jeans he wore on our date with Caleb and Thomas, and a really cute slim fit blue v-neck with a matching blue bandana around his neck. My outfit was similar: my black skinny jeans and hot pink v-neck (with breast pocket), my black scarf and a pink bandana in my butt pocket.

We were both looking at ourselves in the mirror, checking up on last minute things before heading out.

"Is my hair spiked enough?" Jeremiah asked.

I looked at him and smiled. "Absolutely. And mine? Does it look good?"

"Of course." Jeremiah said, applying some of my eyeliner. "You want some?"

"Yeah, take your time. I don’t want you looking bad, even though that’s not really possible." I said, smirking.

"Pff, whatever, Sky." He said, handing it to me after he was done with the finishing touches. He looked totally hot.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Oh, got it." Jeremiah reached in my pocket and took it out. "It’s Caleb, wondering when we’re leaving. What should I say, ten minutes?"

"No, longer than that, ‘cause I know Beau and Jared are gonna want pictures, and your parents as well. Say, half hour?" I said, putting the eyeliner back in my drawer.

"Alright." He said. When he was done texting him back, he put my phone back in my pocket. "You look absolutely gorgeous."

"Well you’re irresistibly sexy." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, getting right up against him. He put his hands on my hips, putting his fingers through my belt loops. A bathroom make out was about to begin until Beau yelled up the hall that we were taking forever and that they still needed pictures.

I sighed and put my head in Jeremiah’s chest. "We should probably go."

Jeremiah brought my head up, our eyes meeting, then our lips. "If we didn’t just spend an hour getting ready for this, I would totally fuck you right now."

I smiled, biting my lip. I didn’t want to tell him, but that’s what I was planning for tonight after prom. I feel like this is the perfect opportunity, and I’m ready.

"Sky! Come on!" Jared yelled.

I sighed. "We’re coming, we’re coming." I smiled and kissed Jeremiah once more before we came down the hall.

"Well don’t you two look cute." Beau said, smiling at us, holding a camera.

I blushed and Jeremiah hugged me to his side.

"Oh, hold that pose." Beau snapped a shot. "Do you guys wanna do any outside?"

"Is it windy outside?" Jeremiah asked.

"A little."

"No." We both said in unison.

"Alrighty then." Jared said. "What about getting one of you two kissing? I think that would be adorable."

We looked at each other and smiled. We turned to face each other and we kissed, making sure it wasn’t too passionate so it didn’t look gross on the camera.

"Oh yeah, that’s definitely cute." Beau said, looking at the playback.

"Are Jeremiah’s parents taking pictures too?" I asked.

"They said just to take enough for them, so that’s what we’re gonna do."

"Okay, but could we not spend too much time taking pictures? We said that we’d meet Caleb and Thomas in a half hour, and that was ten minutes ago."

"Alright, just a couple more, and we need some solo shots."

It took another ten minutes to get all the pictures that they wanted, and then we rushed out of the house and got to the school before Caleb and Thomas.

"Alright, see you two later. Are you gonna call when you want to get picked up?" Jared asked out the passenger side.

"Yup, see you guys." I said, turning with Jeremiah to go towards the school. "Got your ticket?"

He showed them to me. "And my slip."

"Awesome." I said, grabbing his hand, handing my ticket to the person at the table.

"Have fun." She said.

"Thanks." Jeremiah and I said, going into the auditorium, where the dance was being held. I heard loud bass bumps coming from inside. To my surprise, there were a bunch of people here already, and they were all dancing.

"Lets go." Jeremiah said, leading me into the middle of the sweaty dancing crowd. He automatically started dancing all up on me, and I returned the favor. He was a really good dancer, and I was surprising myself as well.

After about ten minutes of hardcore bumping and grinding, we walked out of the crowd, sweating, looking for Caleb and Thomas, since they haven’t found us yet.

"There you guys are! We’ve been looking for you for the past fifteen minutes." I heard Caleb say.

I turned in the direction of his voice and he was coming out of the crowd as well, Kristen hooked around his waist, Halee trailing close behind with no signs of Thomas anywhere.

"Where’d Thomas go?" I asked, hugging Caleb.

"He went to the bathroom, but that was like ten minutes ago." Halee answered.

"Hmm, that’s weird. Has anyone seen Karli?" Jeremiah asked.

"Yeah, she came in with that James guy." Kristen said.

"Figures that she’d have another guy already." I looked at Jeremiah and smiled. "I’m gonna go see what’s taking Thomas so long, are you gonna come with me or stay here?"

Jeremiah grabbed my hand and smiled at me, but I could see that he was feeling a little uneasy. "I’ll go with you."

I led him out of he auditorium with me and once we were in a quiet enough part of the building, I asked Jeremiah what was wrong.

He sighed. "I don’t know why I feel like this is happening, but I think that Thomas is cheating on Halee with Karli. And that’s where Thomas is right now, with Karli, ‘cause I saw James in the dance without Karli, and Halee didn’t have Thomas. It makes sense." He explained quietly, looking at the floor the whole time.

"But Thomas hates Karli’s guts, he’s told me this."

"I don’t know, Sky. That’s just what I think. And if you end up walking in on them in one of the bathrooms, then I really don’t wanna be here when you start yelling at Thomas and Karli."

I sighed and stopped right outside the bathrooms. I didn’t hear anything going on. "I don’t wanna have to yell at either of them, but I have a feeling that if I see them in there, then I’m gonna lose my temper and bitch them out."

"They’re gonna deserve it, though, even if Thomas is one of your best friends, he shouldn’t be pulling shit like this." Jeremiah said.

"I know." I looked at the floor, taking a deep breath in, preparing myself for the scene that could possibly be going on behind this door. I flung it open and, unfortunately, saw them. Making out.

They both looked my way. Thomas looked extremely shocked, Karli had a smug look on her face.

"Thomas? What the fuck are you doing!? Did you forget that you had a date, also known as your girlfriend waiting for you in the auditorium? Wouldn’t it make sense to get back to her and not make a total jackass out of yourself and make out with this skanky bitch in the guys bathroom? Even though that’s already ruined, since you’ve already made out with said skanky bitch and made a complete jackass out of yourself." I yelled, my voice filled with acid.

Before he could explain anything, I started yelling again. "How could you do this to Halee? Why would you do this? With Karli of all people?! Seriously, I thought you were smarter than that." I shook my head, ready to punch something. "I can’t fucking believe you." I turned around and went out of the bathroom, going towards the entrance to the school, Jeremiah following close behind. I went out the doors and sat on the picnic table. Jeremiah sat close to me and wrapped his arm around me. "Did you get it all out?"

"Not even close. I only bitched out Thomas, I didn’t even start with Karli." I sighed heavily, putting my face in my hands. "I don’t even feel like being here anymore. I can’t believe he’d do something like that."

"Do you wanna leave?" Jeremiah asked softly, petting the back of my head, playing with strands of my hair.

I shook my head, looking at him. "We’ve only been here like, a half hour, we might as well enjoy what we payed for, and just hope that I don’t see Thomas or Karli, and I need to tell Halee what happened, ‘cause I know Thomas won’t say a word."

He nodded, kissing me. "Lets go back, then."

I smiled and got off the picnic table, grabbing Jeremiah’s hand. We got back into the dance and we found Caleb, Kristen, and Halee where we left them, still no signs of Thomas.

"Well it’s about time you guys came back. Did you find Thomas?" Halee asked.

"Yeah, we did, Halee, could we talk to you out here?" I asked, feeling slightly uneasy about telling her this.

"Sure." She followed us out into the hallway. "So what’s up?"

"Um, well, I’m just gonna get to the point right away. I found Thomas and Karli in the bathroom...together..making out."

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"I’m really sorry, Halee, but if we didn’t tell you, he wouldn’t have. Neither of us can believe he would do something like that." Jeremiah said, hugging her.

"Oh my god, I have to find him. Which bathroom are they in?" She said, leaning away from Jeremiah.

"The guys’ bathroom." I answered.

"Thanks." She said, sounding hurt and extremely pissed.