You're Hiding All the Right Things

You're Hiding All The Right Things Ch. 7

"Jeremiah, please sit down." I said quietly, tucking my knees into my chest.

"I fucking hate her. I don’t even know her and I hate her." He said, sitting down next to me.

"Just try and relax." I said calmly, even though I wanted to burst into tears. All the tension and anger was making me upset. I guess my voice was just shaky enough for him to notice that I wasn’t okay.

"Oh, Sky, it’s okay. You don’t have to get all worked up over this. It’s all over. She’s not gonna call you anymore, and she knows what’ll happen if she does." He said softly, sweetly, hugging me to him tightly.

I took a deep breath in, thinking that would help keep the sobs and tears in. "I know, I know, but I can’t help it. I don’t like it when people are angry and pissed. It just makes me really upset."

"Aww, hon." He hugged my head into his chest, stroking my hair slightly, trying to calm me down. "I’m sorry for making you upset. I just kinda snapped after I heard what she said. She shouldn’t have called you that, it was totally unnecessary."

"I know, and I’m not saying that it’s your fault, not at all. You were just doing what any loving and caring boyfriend would’ve done." I sniffed, realizing that there were tears falling down my face. "I love you."

"I didn’t go too over the top?" He asked, lifting my head up.

I looked at him and smiled, kissing him. "You were right on."

"Good. I love you so much."

I laughed a little to myself. "I can’t believe it’s only been a day. I feel like we’ve been going out for years, and it’s only started getting really serious now, like I’ve always loved you, but it’s really coming out now."

He laughed. "Well, that is pretty much what happened." He put his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears that were still falling slowly on their own.

I heard a knock at my door. "Hey, are you two okay? I heard an angry voice coming from this room." I heard Jared ask.

"Yeah, we’re fine, don’t worry about it." I answered, sounding more together than what I felt.

"Alright, well, there’s still some breakfast if you guys want any." He said.

"Alright, thanks, Jared." Jeremiah called out, then turned back to me, concern all over his face. He knew that I still wasn’t alright. "Are you better? At least a little?"

I shrugged, then smirked. A morning make out would make me feel better, but I didn’t wanna say anything. I didn’t want it to feel like this whole relationship was built off of nothing but physical contact.

A smile played with Jeremiah’s lips. "Why do you look so mischievous?"

I waved it off, shaking my head. "It’s nothing. Lets go get something to eat before it’s all eaten or dumped in the garbage."

He grabbed my hands, preventing me from going anywhere. "What is it?" He was still trying not to smile, like he knew what I wanted.

I sighed, smirking again. "Are you sure you wanna know?"

"Poooositive."

"Alright." I said, pretending to be bummed, then attacking him with kisses, landing on top of him. He didn’t protest or try and stop me, which made it all the easier, and me all the more satisfied, and he was probably feeling the same way.

We parted for a short time to catch our breath.

"This is a pleasant good morning." Jeremiah said quietly but intensely, moving my hair out of my face.

I kissed him. "I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Had enough yet?"

He bit on my lip ring and tugged it slightly, pulling my lips to his again. "I could go at it all day with you."

I laughed on his lips. "Wouldn’t you get bored?"

"Psh, hell no. Anything involving me with you could never ever be boring." He said, smiling.

I smiled and uncontrollably blushed. "Shut up."

"What? It’s true!" He smiled, laughing to himself.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked, now feeling self conscious.

"It’s nothing, Sky, really. I just still think that it’s insanely adorable when you bite your lip when you’re embarrassed."

I sighed heavily, putting my head down on his chest. "Does this mean you’re gonna embarrass me a lot? Please say no."

I heard his laugh rumble deep in his chest. "I won’t try to, at least not all the time."

I looked up at him and hit him softly. "Not cool."

He leaned up to kiss me before he rolled so I would fall off of him. "Wanna go get some breakfast?"

"5 more minutes?" I asked, giving him my best puppy eyes, rubbing his neck behind his ear, getting closer to him.

He sighed. "How could I say no?" He started kissing me again, this time going down my neck and onto my chest, which tickled a little. He eventually made it back up to my lips.

"Hey, are you guys gonna have anything to eat or..." Beau started, opening the door, coming to a stop when he saw us. "..nevermind, then. You come on down whenever you’re..done." He said slowly, closing the door.

Jeremiah and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. I turned beat red. "I can’t believe he just walked in on us making out..."

"I bet he thought it was hot." Jeremiah joked, sitting up, stretching.

I hit him again. "Jeremiah! That’s so nasty! He’s practically my dad!"

He laughed and hugged me. "I love you."

I smiled and hugged him tighter. "I love you, too." We let go of each other and got up, both of us putting on shirts. "Breakfast?"

I heard his stomach grumble. He put his hand on his stomach and smiled. "I think my tummy says yes."

I laughed and opened the door, Jeremiah following me to the kitchen.

"Well it’s about time that you two decide to come down." Jared said, doing some of the dishes from breakfast.

"Did I scare you two?" Beau asked, on the verge of laughing.

"No, Jeremiah’s stomach was just demanding food." I said, poking it, and he practically squeaked.

"Oh my god, don’t do that! You know how ticklish I am there!" He said, pushing me.

"Hehe, I know, that’s why I did it, and I love hearing you squeak, because I can never imagine something so high pitched coming out of you."

"Shush." He said, grabbing some of whatever breakfast was left, which happened to be french toast with some fruit.

Once we were both sitting down and eating, Jared sat down next to me. "Tell me what happened this morning." He said in all seriousness.

I looked at him and sighed. I really didn’t wanna talk about it. "Basically, Karli called me and woke us up this morning and then she started bad mouthing me. He heard," I pointed to Jeremiah. "and he basically started going off on her and told her off."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, of course. There was really nothing between us, at least coming from me. I never really fell for her. She just doesn’t understand that I’m not into girls, even though she made that observation clear at the fair yesterday by telling everyone from school that was there."

"Aw, that sucks, Sky." Beau said from behind us.

"It’s whatever. It’s easier not hiding anything, anyways. I could care less if people knew, I just didn’t feel like being the one to tell everyone. I didn’t think it was their business to know."

"Well that’s good." Jared said.

"And besides, lots of people weren’t like, against it or anything when they saw us, so I see no big problems." Jeremiah added on. "Well, thank you so much for feeding me and housing me for two days, but I think I should go home for a little while, so I can shower and actually have contact with my parents. Are we still hanging with Thomas and Caleb today?"

"Sure, if you wanna."

"Awesome. I’ll call you when I’m ready." Jeremiah said, getting up and putting his plate in the sink of dish water. I followed and we went into my room so he could pack his bag.

"Tomorrow’s gonna suck." I said, leaning against my doorframe, crossing my arms over my chest, looking at the floor.

"Why?" He asked, standing up, putting his backpack on his shoulder.

"‘Cause I’m not gonna be able to see you practically all day, since we’ll both be at school."

"Aww, Sky, we can always see each other after school." He said, coming to hug me.

"I know, I’m just gonna miss you."

"I’m gonna miss you, too." He said quietly. "I’m not gonna be able to concentrate at all."

I laughed. "Me neither." I hugged him tighter. "I don’t want you to leave, but I don’t wanna be the total obsessive type that never lets you leave and see your family."

"I definitely wouldn’t like that." He pulled away from me a little, just enough so our lips could connect.

We parted and put our foreheads together. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Thanks for not making me kiss you in front of Beau and Jared again. That’s seriously so embarrassing for me. I don’t know why, but it just bugs me. I guess I hate public displays of affection around parents."

"Just because we didn’t do it this time doesn’t mean we’re not ever gonna do it." Jeremiah said, smirking.

I sighed, smiling, looking at him with more puppy eyes. "Just promise not to do it a whole lot."

He kissed me again. "Alright, promise."

"Thank you." I let go of him and we walked down the hall to the front door. "Call me later, kay?"

"I was planning on it." Jeremiah said, smiling. We hugged and Jeremiah kissed me once more before he went out the door. Once I knew that he was at his house, I fell over onto the couch, smiling.