Sequel: Time Heals All
Status: Complete

The New Divide In Time

Chapter 11

~Scene Change: Unknown~

“What are we going to do with him mother?” Ryan’s voice asked from the other side of the door.

“Torture him for his sins.” Mellissa replied. “Starve him, beat him every once in a while, then when he’s really seen the error of his ways, we’ll put him out of his misery.”

“I like it,” Ryan said.

“Get upstairs and keep watch.” Mellissa said. Spencer looked around, trying to find something to use to escape. When he noticed something glitter, he double backed and seen it was a tiny nail sticking out of the wall. He glanced toward Mellissa and decided to try distracting her.

“You know, I never really abandoned my son.” he said, inching toward the nail. Mellissa didn’t reply, she just kept busy with something on the table. “I never even knew he existed until I came here for the case.”

“You still need to be punished for your sins.” Mellissa said finally. Spencer looked and seen he was nearly within arms reach of the nail. He scooted an inch more and was able to grab it, yanking with all his might to take it out. It didn’t budge.

“Yes well, I haven’t sinned. I don’t go against any of the Commandments. I don’t lie, I don’t steal, I don’t desecrate my body.”

“You sinned.” Mellissa said, banging something on the table. “You went against the law of virtue. You take the innocence of a poor little girl and didn’t think twice about it.”

“I did think twice about it..” Spencer started to say but he was cut off by Mellissa rushing to him.

“You force yourself upon her. You don’t love her, you just wanted what was between her legs! It’s all any man wants. To be fucked, whether the woman wants it or not!” She scrambled back to the table and started working again. Spencer stared at her for a moment, shocked.

“That’s what happened to you isn’t it?” he said suddenly. “You were raped and ended up pregnant. When you told the father, he acted as if he wanted to be there, but he suddenly left you with your son.”

“Yes, and the bitch who had my granddaughter abandoned my baby boy as well. Stole his daughter from him, took away everything he ever had.” Tears spilled from her eyes as she thought, remembering. “Doctors everywhere. They don’t really care for you. They just want their money so they can to their habits.” A slow, sick smile formed on Mellissa’s face then. “Bless my son, he knows how to take care of people. He went a tortured the bitch, telling her if she doesn’t let him see his daughter, she would die. She still refused, so he killed her. Bless his soul he knows how to make his mother proud.”
A sudden noise from upstairs made Mellissa and Spencer both look up. Mellissa grabbed Spencer and pushed him toward the doors, up a flight of stairs and into a large room.

“Freeze!” a voice called. Spencer recognized it as Derrick Morgan’s voice. He shut his eyes and breathed deeply. When he opened them, he was staring face to face with Hotchner, who had a gun pointing to him trying to find a shot on Mellissa.

“Get back or your little friend dies!” Mellissa shouted.

“Mellissa, we know how you were abandoned.” Emily’s voice said from somewhere behind him.

“Let me talk with her,” a new voice said.

“NicAlysson, what are you doing here?” Spencer said, nearly slipping up.

“Mellissa, my real name is Nichole Anderson.” Nicky said, walking into Spencer’s sight line. “The man you are holding is the father of my baby. I’m not 19, I’m 28. Spencer never abandoned me and our son. I just never told him about Michael.”

“Nicky, it’s not safe here.” Spencer muttered to her. She ignored him.

“Spencer would never do anything to harm anyone, only unless he has to.” Nicky continued. “He told me he hates violence, but there was something about this job that was rewarding to him. Doing this job gave him a sense of peace to be bale to do what he felt her could never do, help and protect people. I knew it was a dangerous job for him, and if he was distracted in anyway it could turn bad for him. I also knew how awkward he felt at the thought of becoming a father. He never had a stable father figure either. He went 18 years without seeing his father, and the only way he seen him then was because of a personal case he was looking into.”
Spencer felt Mellissa’s grip on him lessen, but enough for him to get away.

“He loves his son, he would never abandon him.” Mellissa’s grip lessened even more. “He and his mother was abandoned themselves Mellissa. I would never do what Ryan’s ex did to him. I would never keep Michael away from Spencer unless it was necessary, and Spencer knows that.” Mellissa’s hand dropped and Spencer rushed forward, wrapping his arms around Nicky. They turned back to Mellissa, and Spencer was finally able to see everyone else. JJ and Rossi was beside Morgan, gun drawn and pointing to Mellissa. Ryan was sitting on the ground, already hand cuffed. Hotch and Emily was standing beside him. Mellissa had collapsed to the floor, sobbing great heavy sobs.

“She was raped,” Spencer announced to them. “Ryan’s father never wanted her or their son.”

“That’s why she wanted to find every man she thought was a deadbeat father.” Morgan said, moving and grabbing Mellissa’s arms. “She wanted to punish them for not being there for their kids.” Spencer moved toward Mellissa, leaning down to look her in the eyes.

“I promise you here and now Mellissa.” he said, grabbing her free hand. “I swear on my son’s life I’ll never leave him unless I have to. With my job I’ll have to leave him for some time, but when I’ll never abandon him.”

“Promise?” Mellissa asked, her voice cracking. Spencer reached into his back pocket and pulled out a tissue, using it to wipe the tears from her cheeks.

“Promise.” Spencer muttered, smiling. Mellissa smiled as well, and stood when Morgan heaved her up.

“Are you okay?” Nicky’s voice asked as she wrapped her arms around one of his.

“I’m fine.” Spencer said. “Come on, let’s go get Michael.”

“First you need to get checked out.” Hotch said, walking up to the two of them. He stared at Spencer for a moment before giving him a tough man hug. Morgan held out his hand, which Spencer shook while Emily and JJ hugged him at the same time. Rossi smiled and nodded, and Nicky grabbed his hand, standing on her tip toes to kiss his cheek.

“And this is not up for debate, but you’re taking time off. Spend time with your son, get to know him. Recover from all of this.”

“That’ll take a while Hotch,” Spencer said, looking around him.

“Take as long as you need.” Hotchner said. Spencer nodded and looked down toward Nicky.

“Let’s go,” She said, leading him out of the factory. They piled into the SUV and headed toward the hospital, where a doctor gave him a quick look over. After announcing Spencer was free to go, they went back to the station. Spencer was the last to enter. He walked into the station, and froze when he seen his father standing in the middle of the room, Michael in his arms.

“Nice looking boy,” he said, looking down at his grandson. He walked up to Spencer and handed him the baby. Michael looked up at Spencer and grinned his big gummy smile, nestling himself even further into Spencer’s arm. Spencer lifted the baby to his face and breathed in his sweet baby smell. Clapping had him looking up. Everyone in the room, his team included, was applauding the family.

“Let’s take Michael home.” Nicky said. “You can rock him to sleep.”

“Let’s keep him awake for a little longer.” Spencer said. “I have time to make up for, and I’m not gonna miss my chance, not for anything in the world.”
♠ ♠ ♠
and unfortunatly, that's the ending...HOWEVER!!!!
if things go write, there might be a sequel, I just need a little convincing!

thank you for everyone who kept up with me, hopefully I see you sometime soon!!

"It's not goodbye forever, it's only goodbye for a while," Jeff Hardy WWE Superstar