A Summer Melody

I Am

Image

I am … Summer Melody King.

“Shit!”

“What is going on, honey?” That was my mother yelling.

“Nothing, I just cut myself on a scissor.” I yelled back from my room while examining the cut. I always got hurt on stupid things. I hurt myself with a fork twice, in a week, on my leg. I don’t know how I manage to do it, because I’m not really trying. It just happens.

“Be careful sweetheart, I don’t have the time to drop you off at the doctors.” Mom was always caring and sweet and she tried to help me as much as possible since my father had run off with a younger woman. What she just didn’t see was that she was the one who needed the caring, because she always pushed her feelings aside and she would never talk about the day dad left. It was like it was cut out of her memory. Sometimes I wish it was sliced out of mine too, because I remember the look on moms face and the hurt in her eyes and the younger blonde skeleton next to dad. My stepmother.

“What are you up to today darling?” Mom asked me when I entered the kitchen. She had made scrambled eggs for breakfast.

“I saw pair of shoes the other day and I think I’m heading into town to try them on.” I almost got stars in my eyes. I love shoes. I love clothes and especially when it has a pricey price.

“And who made those shoes may I ask?” Mom always knew it was something expensive. She didn’t argue with me, she only told me it was a bad idea. She just didn’t know to the minus on my bank account and she wasn’t supposed to either.

“Prada.” I said swiftly and looked at her with a cheeky grin.

“Prada? You can’t afford it. Couldn’t you find something a little less pricey?”

“No, they will be so perfect for my outfit for Celina’s wedding. They really are perfect.” I don’t know if I was convincing my mom that I needed the shoes or if I really was trying to convince myself. It always helped if I had an occasion where I would need the things I bought.

“If you don’t have any other pair of shoes you can use for that outfit I suppose you must buy them.” She put a pressure on ‘must’ just to let me know she was being sarcastic. “What is the price?”

“About £550.”

“And you can afford that?”

“Of course I can. I’m saving money for stuff like this all the time.” Yet again I was trying to convince myself, that I have a lot of money. I kept doing it and I believed it more and more each time. I convinced myself to money. I just wanted to be something more than a little girl from Finchley. “I’m sure your sister will be happy that you used all those money for her wedding.” She said in a sarcastic tone of voice.
Celina was my elder sister by seven years. She had finally found the man of her life and they were getting married. She was going to live the life I wanted, because her boyfriend was Cillian Murphy, an actor. Cillian was one of the calm ones. He never did any interviews or TV-shows. He only did the acting. Celina had known him for five years and she has never been on the red carpet with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Cillian Murphy is married and everything, but this is only fiction. :D
I hope you enjoy it.

Love Ashton