A Summer Melody

I Am a Five Pound Note.

Image

When I walked into the stores in Mayfair they knew me and they knew I couldn’t say no to a beautiful dress or a pair of killer heels. I once went into Miu Miu and Nadine Coyle was in there. She just looked at me like she thought ‘who the hell is she? What is she doing here?’ The celebrities really do think they own the world and that no one else can afford to shop where they are shopping.

“Good morning everybody
Oh, there’s so much I need to do.
I got to save the world and you know the rules
I finally come back home”


“Hola sister” I said down the phone.

“Hey, are you off from work today?” Celina asked me.

“No, I have to write an article about H&M, how boring is that?” I said with an annoying tone. I wrote articles for a beauty magazine and this month I had to write about H&M. I didn’t really shop in there. It was too common and everyone would walk around in the same clothes. I liked to be one of a kind or at least one in a million and I liked to look extraordinary, but I had to do some research about H&M. I liked the whole concept about H&M. They had economical fashion clothes and they made it possible for ‘the working-class’ to look like a million to an affordable price. It was the place I started shopping, when I first showed interest in clothes and fashion.

“Not really, I think it sounds interesting. Anyway, I have found a beautiful bridesmaid dress for you and it’s only £70. I would like it if my bridesmaids wore the same.”

“But I have already bought a dress.” I said.

“Can’t you return it or use it for another occasion?” She said and sounded a bit disappointed. She wanted her wedding to be perfect and her bridesmaids to be perfect.

“No, it was really expensive and I don’t want to return it back. I just bought the shoes for it too and they were really pricey too.” My sister was aware of my shopping and that I used all my money on clothes. I was a writer for InStyle Magazine and my laptop was freaking three years old, because I couldn’t afford a new one.

“How much?” She asked without an inflection.

“At first I had bought an outfit and two hours ago I bought a pair of shoes for that and they cost £550, but one hour ago I fell in love with another dress, Marc Jacob, £1.625, so I bought it and now I’m looking for a new pair of shoes and I have just found them, Rupert Sanderson, £550.”

“Your outfit for my wedding cost more than my fucking wedding dress.” She yelled down the phone. My sister had always saved her money and she still did, even though her fiancé was rich. They were one of those couple who just hid the money and never really found them again. “You cannot afford it. Tell me, do you have a shopping or money problem?”

“Who the fuck told you that?” I said and freaked out. No one could know about my money problem. As for the shopping I always told people I was doing some research for work and it usually worked and it did actually help me at work too.

“You have never been able to afford such expensive clothes; you’ve always just bought it. If you need money you can always ask me.” Now she was really trying to play the big sister.

“I don’t want to talk about it. If you don’t like my outfit I am seriously going to kill you and I hope there’ll be some cute guys at the wedding. I’m off now and I will talk to you later. Love you.” I said and hung up. I didn’t have to time or the energy to argue with her about my money. I wasn’t poorly paid and I wasn’t overpaid either. I just got an ordinary amount of money each month and I tended to use them on clothes, because I wanted to feel important and wealthy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you will enjoy it and I promise Jackson will be in it sooon!

Love Ashton.