It Gives You Some Other Kind of Hell

Lily.

We headed out of the park and down one street, down to Café du Monde. That coffee was seriously the fucking best. Standing against a wall were two photographers, a couple, taking pictures of everything that was going around them. The girl had very short hair tied into two, low pony tails and a red clip keeping her blond bangs out of the way. She had a black and white plaid shirt and black skinny jeans with skater Nikeys. She had a sweatshirt around her hip and her camera hung around her neck. Her boyfriend wore a dark green t-shirt concerning global warming and he wore straight legged, light washed jeans. He had dirty blond, wavy hair and dark rimmed glasses and held a tripod close to his side. The girl put down her camera and smiled at me. At that moment I noticed the strange color in her eyes, but I couldn’t make out what it was, since I was standing a good distance from them. She pulled her boyfriend by the hand and starting walking my way. Stacey kept on walking, not noticing the nearing couple. Maybe she already spotted her friends and was focused on getting there. The girl walked up to me and smiled.
“Would you mind if I take a picture?” she asked, holding up the camera.
“Come on Lily, leave the people alone.”
Lily held up one finger at him to shush him. He did.
“Okay, now turn this way, facing the river.” I obliged.
“Carl, go fix her hair so that the wind blows on it and it looks good.”
He moved my bangs a little over my forehead and he opened his eyes wide. “Lily, come over here for a second.”
“What is it Carl?” she stood in front of me and her expression turned identical into Carl’s.
“Your eyes, are you… are you a clarivident?”
What are these people talking about? How can they possibly know about that?
“I don’t know what you mean,” I said turning around on the spot and looking for Stacey. An immediate escape…“And if you don’t mind, I’m going to leave.”
”Woah, hold up girl,” Lily held me by my arm and turned me around. She looked into my eyes, pulling her blond eyebrows together. Now that she was closer I could notice some more details. She had some golden freckles spread around the bridge of her nose and she had her nose and lip pierced. But she kept it subtle: Small nose ring and a spike on her lip. She had green eyes with gray concentrating around the pupil and random yellow specs thrown about in the light green. Those eyes were almost as strange as mine, and they were not giving up on trying to get an answer from me. “We’re not going to hurt you, is just that… Well, I’m a clarivident too.”
She smiled apologetically.
“You don’t have to be sorry about anything at all. I’m just, honestly shocked...”
I looked around trying to find my savior, where the hell was Stacey…?
Her gaze was so strong. I had to look back at her. There was this strange spark in her eyes. Like electricity meets water, a dangerous combination, yet, attention capturing.

She suddenly kneeled down in the middle of the sidewalk and threw open her messenger bag, revealing another camera, a lap top, and another bag. She took out the tiny, velvet bag and released the strings that held it closed. She held it away from her, signaling for me to reach inside. I paused for a second and unwillingly, reached inside. Once my hand was inside, she tightened the strings around my wrist and took off the necklace she had hanging around her neck. At the end of it hung a pendant, a stone that seemed to be a Peridot; the stone that belonged to those born in August. The rare stone strangely resembled her strange eyes. I just had to ask:
“Were you born in August?” I know, it was a stupid question in sucj strange circumstances, but I was way too curious. Once the shock subsided, curiosity burned through.
She flashed a big, bright smile and her eyes gave off that electricity feeling once again. “Indeed I was. You were born in February, the thirteenth most probably. Just like I was.” She stood back up and hovered the pendant above my head as it moved in a circular motion. I could feel something stirring around me. The feeling was getting stronger and the air was growing thicker.
… What is this?
Everything around me, except for her, the bag and pendant, blurred. Carl was long gone such as were the populated streets. Stacey, Café du Monde, the park with the yelping dogs… all faded away.
“Do you feel that strange field around you Violet? It’s called your aura. But I bet you already knew that,” she again, flashed another smile at me.

And she was right, just like my day of my birth. But the aura thing was a talent that I started learning about when I was barely a kid. When I used to live at the orphanage, I had a lot of time to learn how to master it. But before that, when I still used to live with mom and dad, they always told me to pay attention to my inner eye and to always follow my intuition. I also remember that I would sit in front of the mirror for hours, just looking at my eyes. Neither mommy nor daddy had that strange, violet color. So there was no DNA transfer concerning that one, strange detail. And as I would look at myself I would dose off into another world, still semi-conscious. A world where there was twelve of us, all of us with a different, rare eye color… and there was Lily sitting crossed legged under a tree, smiling back at me, the pendant hanging around her neck. And by the pond there was a boy. That boy… That boy gave off a certain click that molded right into my being. Fitted somewhere in my soul and made me feel complete. He was, in other words, perfect.

As I would slowly walk towards him he would turn around. And the first thing I was to notice were his navy eyes…
♠ ♠ ♠
This when it seriously gets hella interesting. And I might slow down my chapters to like once or twice a week cuz i gotta edit some of it. Hehe.