Status: I'll probably have another chapter up every week or two.

Save Yourself.

Chapter One: The Beginning Of The End.

Scarlet was depressed. For one, she wasn’t doing well in school. Although that wasn’t too big of a problem. The way she saw it, school was pointless. You go in, you listen to teachers in class, you go to different classes all day, then you go home and do even more school work. It sickened her. She hadn’t always thought that way though. She used to get straight A’s, flying through classes like it was a breeze. Then the accident happened, and her life got flipped upside down. Instead of gracefully spiraling into depression, like all those actors and actresses seem to do, she very “gracefully” seemed to fall thousands of feet in an instant, only to land on her rump. Which was where she still was now.

To add to all of that, she didn’t even feel like she could trust her own family anymore. They just didn’t understand. Either that, or they didn’t bother trying.

Her “twin” sister, Charlotte, was her exact opposite. Though she hadn’t always been. Pretty in pink, bleached-blonde, ice blue contacts, the perfect tan, head cheerleader, guy magnet. She also had never, ever done as well in school as Scarlet. But before the accident, they were inseparable, and almost exactly alike, in both looks and personality.

Everything about Charlotte was fake now. Her hair, her eyes, even her tan. The way she was born, and they way Scarlet looked now, was like this: Black hair, beautiful hazel eyes, fair skin. And both of them always just wore jeans, shorts, and t-shirts growing up. But now that they were in high school, there were a lot of influences. But they had both been just fine, not changing anything about themselves and sticking together to keep from going insane. But Charlotte always wavered on the edge. And of course, the accident had a huge affect on all of them. But while Scarlet openly shared how she felt, spilling her words and tears to her closest confidence: her family, Charlotte remained silent, focusing on things to distract herself: guys, parties, shopping. And her family refused to listen, for fear they might do the same as Scarlet and vent, as they should have.

Charlotte took after her mother in her personality: very secretive, always tending to bottle up her emotions, until something small tipped her over the edge and the bottle broke. Then she would just start all over again. What Scarlet called emotional breakdowns, Charlotte preferred to think of as a way of keeping your personal life a mystery to those around you. According to her, you always wanted to leave someone wanting more than you gave them. But what if that “more” was being kept from your family when you needed them most?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I should have the next chapter up in a few minutes. Hehehe. And I know its short, but the other chapters are MUCH longer, and more detailed.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!! COMMENT LIKE CRAZY!!!