Status: I need one more comment before I update.

I Think I May Be Sorry

Six

I was woken up when my door slammed open with brute force, the handle slamming against the wall.

"Poor wall," I mumbled sleepily, not fully comprehending what was happening just yet. "It never did anything wrong." I giggled quietly.

Before I knew it, she had stormed across the room, and jerked me into a sitting position by my hair. Her fingers knotted through it, twisting and yanking it. A screech tore from her mouth, and the rank traces of alcohol on her breath left my stomach twisting and turning, threatening to spill it's contents. "Maybe the fucking wall didn't, but you did, you little whore!" Her hand connected with my face, and a crack echoed through the room when she slapped me. My cheek burned, but I bit my lip, trying not to give her the satisfaction of knowing I was in pain.

She tried to say my name, but she slurred it. She kept trying, her shaky voice sounding like a broken record. Eventually, she gave up, out of frustration, and threw me across the room, my head hitting the wall with a sickening crack. Tears slid down my face, and she stumbled towards the door. As she grabbed the handle, she threw a glance at me, and somehow managed to whisper, "You're a fucking disappointment, you know that? You're father would be ashamed to call you his daughter." And then she was gone, the door slammed shut.

Sobbing, I dragged myself over to my bedside table, and switched on the lamp. The light illuminated the room, chasing away the shadows. I stood up, and and tentatively walked over to my mirror, to survey the damage. Other than the bright red hand print turning into a bruise, there wasn't any visual injuries. I ran my hand through my hair, and my fingers slid over a knot, and I gasped. I bit my lip, my teeth puncturing my skin and causing blood to fill my mouth.

I whimpered as I shuffled back to my bed, flopping down. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow, and looked at the time. Three sixteen a.m. Just peachy.

My heart ached, and I knew what was wrong. I wanted Matt. I wanted him to hold me, I wanted him to comfort me. I wanted him to know, and I wanted him to save me from this hell.

I sighed, and scrolled through my contacts, until I reached the M's. Matthew Charles, the name I was looking for, was highlighted. I created a new text.

Are you still awake? My face heated with embarrassment when I realized that he must be asleep. I jolted up when my phone vibrated, because I was surprised at how quick he had texted back.

Yes ma'am. :)

I pursed my lips, thinking of a reply. Do me a favor?

I waited, tapping my fingers on my knee. My phone vibrated. Of course!

I sighed, and pondered how I should ask. Meet me in ten minutes?

I stood up, knowing he would. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail, and slid on a pair of light blue shorts over my panties. I slipped on my old converse, no socks. I slipped my phone in the waistband of my shorts just as my phone vibrated. Sure thing. Where at?

I smiled, and my fingers flew over the keyboard. I think you know. I tucked my phone back in my waistband, and slid my window open, and scaled down the trellis. The moon was high in the sky, creating a path for me. The night wind blew gently, making the atmosphere peaceful. I took off running, my shoes making a steady slap against the pavement. My hair bounced behind me, swinging across my back. I reached back and took out the rubber band, letting my hair fall loose around my shoulders. I kept running, and it flew out behind me. Something inside compelled me to keep running. A burning ache was in my chest, and I wanted to be in Matt's arms more than anything I'd ever wanted.

I came to the path at the entrance to the woods, and I started down it, keeping my jog at a steady pace. I was restless, a pent up ball of potential energy. I had to keep moving, or I'd go crazy. I reached the water, and paced back and forth. The light wind that had been ghosting by increased substantially, causing my hair to whip around behind me. I parted my lips and closed my eyes, taking in the peace I got from standing by the water. The creek's water trickled by, providing a background sound, keeping me calm.

My eyes snapped open when a twig snapped behind me. I quit pacing, my foot frozen in mid air. I twisted around, but all there was were trees. My heart raced, and adrenaline coursed through my veins. This was way too much like a horror movie. I knew I was overreacting, but something felt... Unnatural.

I sighed, and rubbed my eyes, yawning. I gasped when a hand twined through my hair, and an arm wrapped around my waist. A gravelly voiced whispered my name, and I smiled, my heart racing. "Matt?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. I turned around, and my eyes widened. He was shirtless, his dark jeans riding low on his hips. He smirked as I gaped.

"Raina?" He chuckled. I snapped back to reality, and banished all thoughts about his- attire- from my mind.

"Sorry," I sighed. I leaned my head against his chest, and his grip on me tightened. I looked up at him, and he leaned down, pressing his lip to mine. I relaxed, and parted my lips slightly, invitingly. His tongue touched my bottom lip, and he stiffened and pulled back. I looked at him, confused. He let me go, and stepped back.

"Sorry," We both muttered, at the same time. I giggled, while he just looked at everything, anything, but me.

"Not your fault, Raina," He said, with his jaw clenched. I put my finger to my lips, and felt a rough patch. Where I bit myself, the blood. Oh, God.

He stared at me, his eyes following my every movement. He saw as my eyes glowed with confusion, and he saw the stunned look on my face as I felt the dried blood on my lips.

I watched his eyes, hoping I could see what was wrong. His pupils were dilated, like a wild animal. He looked pained, as if he was holding himself back. I took a step towards him, and he took a step back, towards the creek. I sighed, defeated, and stepped back, but he stayed in place.

"I'll just go," I turned to walk away, but his fingers grabbed my wrist. My head snapped up at him, and I gasped. "How'd you-"

"Don't worry about it," his fingers traced the hand print on my face. "What's that?"

I bit my lip, trying to think of a lie. I came here to tell him the truth, but I couldn't do that. I had to suffer alone, I had to fight this by myself. It was my problem, not his. My tooth pierced my lip, again. "Shit," I whispered, as I bring my free hand up to my lip to wipe away the blood. But before I could, Matt had me pinned against a tree, his lips attacking mine. My blood was on his lips, and he moaned. His moan turned into a growl, and he pulled back. His face was twisted in a feral snarl, all control gone from his eyes. "It'll only hurt for a second, I promise," He said, and he striked, his teeth piercing my skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
i updated, holy frikkin' crap! dear lord baby jesus, it's a miracle!

sorry, i like talledaga nights a little too much. XD

but are you proud? i updated!! haha. :)

comments, subscriptions? much appreciated.

i love y'all, i really do. XD