Status: I need one more comment before I update.

I Think I May Be Sorry

Eight

"Matt," I whimpered, my shaking hands clutching at the sheets under me. I shivered, my bare legs exposed as I twisted and thrashed under the thin sheet that covered me. Images of death and decay flashed through my head, causing me to whimper repeatedly. I shook violently, terrified of every shadow that danced throughout my room.

A tap on my window caused me to shriek, and I fell off my bed with a thump, my head bouncing on the hard floor. I groaned, and held my hands over my eyes, expecting a cold hand to dart from under my bed and seize me by the throat. When I realized that laying on the floor was stupid, I sighed and got up, glancing over at the window. There was another tap, and I jumped, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I saw a hunched over form move slightly, and a pair of hazel eyes were staring at me through the night, practically glowing in their sockets. I shivered as my mind connected the dots, and I realized it was Matt. Unconsciously, my hand strayed to the puncture wounds on my neck, now the size of a pinhead. But, despite the fact that the marks were so small, there was no denying the tenderness of my skin.

I shuffled over to the window, because Matt's glare told me he was impatient. I unlatched the lock, and immediately he had the window opened and had slid in, his feet silently hitting the ground.

"Edward Cullen, much?" I whispered quietly. He frowned, apparently unamused. "Kidding," I smiled at him, but his lips still weighed down at the corners. I rolled my eyes, and walked over to my bed, plopping down. I yawned, and closed my eyes.

"Ahem," Matt cleared his throat. I sat up and looked at him. "You're seriously going to go to sleep?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, resisting the urge to flip him the bird. "Back to sleep, I do believe. I was asleep before one certain vampire insisted on waking me up."

He sighed, and walked over to my bed. He laid down beside me, and pulled me on his chest, running his fingers through my hair. "And you can go back to sleep, laying right here."

I wanted to protest, but I was too tired to. So I pressed my lips to his neck gently, and then closed my eyes, cuddling up next to him.

"Raina?" He whispered gently. I looked up at him, my eyes droopy. Matt gently kissed the tip of my nose, and I smiled. "Will you tell me about your dreams?" I opened my mouth to reply, but instead I started shaking, recalling the horrendous dreams. Matt stroked his hand over my hair, and down my back, rubbing calming circles into my skin. "Never mind, Rai, don't get worked up, sweetheart." I stopped shaking gradually as he comforted me. Eventually, I drifted into a dreamless sleep, Matt's arms staying protectively wrapped around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know this is a shit-ass chapter, but I haven't updated in a while and I really had no clue where to go, so this is totally a filler (as are most of my chapters, haha, yes, I am very horirble). But, maybe this will spark an idea for me? :DDD

Comment, and subscribe, me lovelies. <33