Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

So, we'll agree to disagree

“Honey, stand there, place your hand on your hip and look away like you don‘t really care about any of this.” I said directing the model. She sighed and followed. I smiled and looked through the viewfinder. The models face quickly changed into a astounded smile. I groaned and pulled the camera away from my face. Hands wrapped around my middle and pulled me against their warm body.

“Hi.” He whispered in my ear.

“You’re disturbing my $500 shoot, mister. Leave.” I said turning to him and pointing to the door. He pouted.

“Buttttt, I’m bored!” He whined.

“Oh my god! You’re Jared Monaco from The Maine!” The young model exclaimed finding her voice. She dropped the pose. I sighed.

“Look what you did!” I smacked his chest. He laughed and pulled me forwards, kissing me.

“You don’t mind.”

“I do! Johnson’s going to care if he comes in and sees you!” I said kicking at him. He caught my foot in his hand and held onto it. I latched onto his arms. “You’re going to rip my tights! Jared!” He slowly dropped it to the floor and stopped me from hitting the floor. I shook my head and turned away.

Fine. I’ll sit over here until your done!” He said sitting down beside the door. I laughed quietly and lifted the camera to my eye.

“Okay. Madison, lets repose so ADD over there will shut up.” She giggled but reposed. We stayed there for another hour switching outfits and getting more shots. She thanked me profusely and got a picture with Jared. Completely unusable for her portfolio but he was cute and she was happy. We walked out into the cooling California air. We’d been switching from California to Arizona for the past month as the commute was almost six hours from here to there.

“Hey, Annabelle?”

“Hmm?” I asked still looking out the window as the ocean passed by us.

“What’s one thing you want to do more than photography?” I smiled and gave him the cheesiest answer possible.

“Fall in love beside the ocean.” He already knew the answer. We’d gone through a stage where we hit this small video store and rented as many dvd’s as possible. Mine had a theme. Young girl beside an ocean, unexpected guy falls for her, most of the time they were in the Summer.

“Guess where we’re going to write our next album?” I looked at him and shrugged.

“Cape Cod. Most of the tourists have left and most of the hotels closed so we’re renting a house down there. You wanna come?” I stared at him excited. We stopped at a stoplight. I quickly hugged him. He leant down for a kiss. There was a loud beep behind us. I laughed and pointed to the stop light that was now green.

“Isn’t that band time though? Are the others okay with me coming?” I asked biting my bottom lip.

“They’d be disappointed if you didn’t come. Besides, we need a few more shots for that book we’re putting out with the album.” I smiled and settled back into the seat.

“I have to call the agency.”

“Already done. Johnson said it was cool.” He said grabbing my hand and lacing his fingers through mine. I smiled and leaned my head back, drifting off to sleep. South bound for Arizona.

>>

My phone buzzed on the counter. I lunged for it and looked at the screen. Momentarily let down it wasn’t Jared.

“Sup, Kennedy?” I answered the phone.

“We’re coming over.”

“Who’s we?”

“Everyone but your boyfran.” I rolled my eyes.

“Cool. I’m here. Let yourselves in.” I said pressing end and carrying my coffee into the living room. The whole thing had changed since my dad had moved out. Our old crappy furniture was replaced with a cute purple couch I’d found in California, the same old tv I’d had in my room forever, my stereo and a chair we’d found in the garage when Dad was moving out. I sighed. It was kind of empty. I was never home enough to worry about decorating though.

Work was getting the best of me. They didn’t have an office down here but I’d grown to love Arizona. The place really did grow on you. BoxEIGHT was my dream job but I could do the same thing with the guys without having to stay in California for weeks at a time.

“Boo!” I jumped and smacked at Kennedy who was laughing at my reaction.

“Fuck you, Kennedy!” I said picking my cup up.

“You said let yourself in. You never said you’d be in space. Where was your head just now?” He asked jumping over the back and landing beside me. The others sat down in their assorted spots.

“Nowhere. I was thinking. You guys stoked to go to the beach?!” I asked clutching onto John’s arm who was sitting beside me.

“It’s October. We can’t swim, Bella.” John said shaking his head.

“The beach is beautiful in the Winter. Stupid. Plus, the Cape is in the south. It’s not going to be as cold as it would be in say Maine.”

“It’s still going to be cold.” Garret reminded.

“Why’d you guys pick there if you don’t like the cold?”

“We didn’t. Jared mentioned it and then Pat thought it was a great idea and then we all warmed up to the idea. Now we’re heading to Cape Cod to work on writing this album.”

“Slash goof off?” They all nodded. I sighed and pulled my legs up onto the couch. Go figure this was Jared’s idea. He never ceased to amaze me.

“You aren’t very interesting when Jared’s not around.” Kennedy teased. I smacked his arm.

“Liar! I don’t have to be with him to have fun! I’m tired. We just got back from Cali last night.”

“Nope. You need your boy toy to have fun with us now.” I glared at him.

“You’re a meanie face, Kenny!” I said standing up and grabbing my empty cup off the counter.

“Do you have anymore of that?” John asked pointing to my coffee. I nodded. He jumped up and followed me. He pulled all the stuff out of the cabinets and went to work destroying the coffee with milk and sugar.

“Sup, Oh?” He shrugged and turned back to me.

“Just packing. Writing. Nothing too interesting. Where’s your camera?”

“Beside my laptop. Which is in my room. Which is off limits to you douche bags. I need somewhere untainted by The Maine boys.” He laughed. His green eyes watched me hop up onto the counter. I’d be lying if I said that it was easy to get over him. He was John O’ Callaghan; unexpected, sexy, and something else I’d still never been able to put my finger on about him since we’d known each other.

“We’re going to see Nathaniel Wayne play tomorrow night. You coming?”

“Which band is he going by this time? Last time I heard it was a Fotograph.” He laughed.

“I think it’s a mix of all them.”

“That’s a serious variety then. Fuck yes I wanna come.” I said swinging my feet. Nathaniel Wayne, this man…..what a fine piece of ass.

“How are you and Jared?” He asked looking at his cup. I looked at the top of his head.

“You don’t really want to know.” I said quietly. His eyes met mine.

“You’re right. I don’t. But, at the same time I do. I want you to be happy. Whether it be with him or with someone else.”

“I’m happy. Contemplating quitting boxEIGHT but other than that I’m happy enough.”

“Why do you want to quit there? This is what you’ve been working for half your life.” I shrugged.

“I love Arizona. In order to work there though I’d have to move to California. Away from you guys, away from my new favorite places, away from all the memories. It’s only been six months but I feel like I belong here more than any other place.” I said playing with the edge of my shirt not meeting his eyes.

“Is this all what you really want?” He asked. I saw him shift closer out of the corner of my eye.

“Do I want to quit? Of course not. Does it seem like what I have to do? Yes. Unless I can work something out with the company it’s a given I’ll drop the job.” I said looking up at him.

“You know we’ll always be here for you. Whether you need money or a shoulder to cry on.”

“I’d never ask any of you for money. I’d feel bad.”

-
“We’d give you a job though. When are you going to realize we adore your ass?” He asked sitting the cup down.

“I know that! But…..I don’t know. I don’t know what I’m going to do. Maybe I’ll be able to work something out to where I can be strictly a tour only photographer. I don’t like making people pose anyway. It’s too unnatural for me to find beauty in it.” He smiled.

“I’m sure they will if you pitch them that. They’re all about technique. What you’re comfortable with.”

“You need to stop hanging out with Dirk so much, dude.”

“Bella, where’s your CD’s at?!” Garret yelled walking into the kitchen.

“I eated em’!” John said rubbing his tummy. I laughed.

“They’re in my room. I’ll get them.” I said hoping down.

“I’ll do it!” John and Garret yelled simultaneously. I ran slipping around Garret. My door was open just enough for me to slip through and slam the door. It bounced back open and John strode in picking up his shoes. I groaned.

“Guysssss! Get out. This is my space!”

“What’s in here that you don’t want us to see so bad?” John asked laying on the bed and picking up my camera.

“Nothing. This is just my room.”

“Uh huh. I believe you.” Garret said grabbing the case and leaning against the wall. I’d moved downstairs shortly after Dad left and gave the rooms to the guys for whenever they needed a place to stay. The only one smart enough to get a real mattress was Pat. Nick and Justin had even spent a night here once but Nick was back in Braintree and Justin was visiting Katy. My phone rang in my pocket. I sighed and answered it.

“Hey, Annabelle!” Daray’s voice surprised.

“Sup, beautiful?!” There was a long silence and then she answered.

“Me and Alex are getting married.” I squealed.

“When? Why aren’t you as excited?!” She laughed quietly.

“I have to move to New Jersey.” My smile dropped slowly from my face. Garret leant his head to the side watching me closely. John was now standing. I turned away from both of them.

“But…..Oh. Well that explains a lot.”

“Yep. How are you and Jared?” The question was tiring. Everyone always wanted to know how we were. I personally hated talking about my relationships. Girls like that were annoying.

“The guys are over. We’ll talk later, okay?”

“Yeah! Of course. I’ll be here all day. They’re at practice or some shit.” I laughed and said bye and then quickly hung up the phone.

“Daray and Alex are getting married.” I quickly answered their questioning, worried looks.

“That’s cool. He’s a nice guy.” Garret said walking out of the room. I pointed to the door. John pouted and followed. I sighed. Things were good. Thing were actually great. I had the dream job. I had the perfect guy. I had the greatest friends. So, why did it feel like something was missing out of all of this?
♠ ♠ ♠
I JUST DOWNLOADED THE NEW RACING KITES ALBUM!! IT'S AMAZING! Mmkay. Anyway, yay!! New chapter! New Story! I have plans for this!! I'm stoked! Are you stoked?! I have 23 subscribers already! Not even gonna lie you guys, that made me piss your pants happy. Yeah. Ew. Whatever. COMMENTTTTS??? How is everyone?! I love you guys so much!!! :]
OH! GUESS WHAT?! I'M SEEING ALL TIME LOW TOMORROW ANDDDD MY BIRTHDAY IS ON TUESDAY AND I'M STEALING SOMEONES WIFI RIGHT NOW. Awesome. Just say it. "Cool story, bro."
Title cred-Boys Will Be Boys
During photoshoot
Home