Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

Your visitors they fall apart before my pictures

I leaned against the outside wall and stared up at the sky. I had pushed back leaving for almost three weeks. The guys were handing back the keys to the house on the last day of February. I wanted to stay with John and the guys a little longer but Daray’s wedding was April 10 and we hadn’t even picked out dresses for the bridesmaids yet.

“Hola mi amiga.” I smiled up at Caleb who had slipped a cigarette in between his lips.

“Hi.” I said watching the end of the cancer stick burn. I had thought about smoking. It was just something to do but the TRUTH kids at Warped Tour would be proud to know they had greatly affected me when they told me what the hell happened due to that little stick. I wasn’t down.

“What are you doing out here?” I shrugged.

“Couldn’t sleep.”

“Emmy said sometimes you get all insomniac and stay up until the ass crack of dawn.” Caleb said laughing quietly, running a hand through his tousled red hair.

“Is that shit for real?” I asked reaching out to touch it.

“Yep. I mean….I do a little touch up every now and then to keep the color from looking like watery tomato soup.” I crinkled my nose.

“That’s gross! It’s cute though. I tried to get my hair that color one time but I always managed to get either this terrible blaze orange or it was closer to burgundy. I gave up needless to say.” I said pulling one of those slender little digital cameras that we had picked up at the mall a few days ago. I figured if I was going to creep on the guys I mind as well make my job easier and it wasn’t about the camera. It was about how you used it.

“Are ya’ll ever without a camera?” Caleb asked a small smirk on his handsome face.

“Sure. I don’t eat with my camera or sleep with it or let the guys touch it or any of that bad stuff!” I said lifting it up and taking the picture. I loved being at the water whenever the sun rose. It set the perfect tone for any picture.

“So, John O’ Callaghan has settled down. I never thought I’d see the day.” I blushed and looked away.

“I hadn’t planned my life this way believe it or not. I fought against moving and had a bed set up in Quinn’s house so I could run as soon they turned their back but I met Kennedy and Jared minutes after arriving in Arizona and its been amazing ever since. Fan fiction shit.”

“They’re pretty much the best thing to happen to a lot of people. You’re a semi-famous photographer with John O’ Callaghan. Life can’t get much better for you can it?”

“boxEIGHT are offering to fly me to Africa; Uganda specifically. Promos for all the charities over there.” I quickly covered my mouth. “You’re the only one who knows about it.”

“Are you going to take it?” I shrugged.

“That was my dream from the beginning. I wanted to get with a company so they could pay my expenses and then I could show everyone what’s going on there. I know there’s Invisible Children with their DVD but I feel like just photos impact more. I want to show them all over. The government, children, families dealing with starvation, disease, and loss. Everything just fell into place though. Katy is having a baby. Daray is getting married and against my better judgment I’m the girlfriend of John O’ Callaghan. How do I leave this?” I asked gestering to the surrounding.

“It’s your dream.”

“Is it….I mean do you think that they’ll forgive me for leaving?”

“Aw. Of course they will, honey.” He pulled me into a hug. I fought back the urge to cry to no avail.

“I know you aren’t stealing my man candy are you?” Emmy asked from the doorway. I laughed and wiped my eyes.

“I was up all night and he came out for a smoke and I’m thinking too much. You know how it is.” I said smiling.

“Take your butt upstairs and go to bed. Sleep in John’s bed if you have to just go to sleep. You need it.” She said ruffling my already messy hair. I pouted and walked past her. She laughed and closed the door behind me.

The trip had kept me awake all night on more than one occasion. I just didn’t know if giving up my dream was worth staying here with them and that alone tore me apart. These guys had stuck their neck out for me; a complete stranger, brought me onto a tour and then gotten me my dream job. How did I turn my back on that?
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! GUESS WHAT?! I MET MATT MOTHERFUCKING GOOD LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS AMAZING AND YEAH. He's the reason you have this chapter. Bleh.
Annabelle
Emmy
Title cred- FFTL