Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

Without you

My favorite part of weddings was the dressing up part. Long flowing dresses and familiar faces coming together for a moment in time.

“Bell’s!” I smiled and put the coffee down on the table and opened the door.

“Hey Katy!” I hugged her bloated waist.

“What are you doing?” She asked sitting on the bed. I sat down beside her and pointed to the dresses on the hangers in front of us.

“I’m trying to decide which one I’m wearing to Daray’s bachelorette party. Her sister said wear party clothes. That’s a awful broad spectrum though.” I pouted staring at the dresses. Katy stood and touched the satin fabric of the first one.

“I like this one.” I nodded and put the second one back.

“So, what is this little monster?” I asked touching her stomach. At four months she was just barely showing but it was still the cutest baby bump I had ever seen.

“This little monsters name is Haley Marie Richards.”

“Why does she get his last name?”

“Because the we’ll all have his last name.” She said showing her hand to me. I gasped.

“Oh. Wow. Have you told anyone else?!”

“Other than you and my parents; no. This is Daray’s weekend. I’ll tell her afterwards.” I smiled and hugged her.

“Everyone is getting married! Geees. Maybe I should stay here with John until he pops the question. Humph.”

“You should! We’ll have a double wedding! John would pay your way to Africa when they got huge as shit.”

“They already are, bro. MTV big. Warner Brothers Records. Can it get any bigger?”

“Sure. They could be FTSK. Straight to major label after one song, clothing lines, DirecTV specials, and TLC special guests.”

Don’t forget that Gomez chick that Jonathan is so gaga about.”

“He tapped that.” Andrew said striding into the room. I stared at him in disbelief.

“How did you get in here?!”

“The chain lock thing got caught in the door and it was held open by that.”

“Dude, control your band mans!” I said smacking Katy lightly. She laughed.

“He didn’t “tap” that.” She said using air quotes.

“Let’s be honest; man can be a bit of a creep sometimes.”

“Shut up!” I said shaking my head.

“Is that what you guys talk about when we’re not around?” Andrew asked sitting beside Katy.

“Noooo. Not always. I actually wanted to talk to my best friend about something personal but apparently that is impossible!”

“I can hear! I know secrets about people and stuff.”

“Nope. I’m going to take a shower. You’re both welcome to stick around though. It won’t take long.”

I heard the door shut minutes later through the steam of the shower. I wasn’t going to tell her what had gone on between Slade and I. He would never say anything. I’m not even sure he remembered.

“Babe?” I turned off the shower and wrapped a robe around me.

“Hi.” I wrapped my arms around myself and looked up at him.

“We’re going for the final fitting. You want to come with us?” I shrugged.

“Sure. Let me get dressed.” I grabbed my suitcase and slid it into the bathroom.

“You’re still doing that?” He asked smiling.

“I’m insecure you douche. Don’t pick.” I shut the door and slipped on my clothes and running the curl mousse through my hair. There was a light knock on the door. “Hm?”

“I love you.” I opened the door slowly. John stood on the other side pouting like a small child.

“Come here.” He obeyed with a small smile on his lips. I leaned up and kissed his lips. “Love you too.”

@_@

I leaned against the wall watching them all fumble with the collars on their jackets. They had been doing the whole dress shirt and boots thing for months but when you added a tie, vest, and jacket to the mix they were overwhelmed.

“I don’t think it fits.” Pat whined. I laughed and pulled down the back that had flipped up. “Oh. Thanks Bella.”

“Anytime, Patrick.” They all stood side by side scanning each other tensely. I pulled the small digital camera from my bag and turned it on.

“Smile, punks!”

“Annabelle! No.” Tim crossed his arms and stared at the floor.

“Bro Kirch!”

“Bells!”

“I like your big muscles.” He looked up, a huge smile showing off the bright whites. I snapped the picture just in time.

“You’re a cold hearted bitch!” He said tackling me to the floor. I watched the camera skid to a halt in front of dirty Vans.

“Yo, Gibbs! What’s up?!” Tim said jumping up. I still hadn’t moved. Austin Gibbs was standing five feet from my head and I was speechless.

“Tim! You broke her!” Garrett said helping me up. Austin picked up the camera and handed it to me.

“Thanks.” I mumbled inspecting the camera carefully.

“I thought she was talkative? John, you’re a big fat liar.”

“What the fuck is fat about him?!” I blurted out. They all laughed.

“Leave me alone!” John said sliding the jacket off and laying it on the back of the burgundy couch.

“I’m kidding. I love everything about you.” I said blowing a kiss to him. John’s face flushed.

“You two are disgusting. I’m Austin by the way.” Austin said pulling me into a hug. No one could shake hands anymore it seemed.

“I know who you are, fool! I’m Annabelle.”

“Duh. That’s all these boys talk about. You come up in petty much every conversation.”

“I should get VIP tattooed on me somewhere.” He laughed.

“I see why you guys keep her around.”

“We done yet? I’m in Jersey and I have a new credit card.”

“You are not shopping today!” Kennedy exclaimed.

“I am. You want coffee?” His eyes narrowed.

“Fine. I’m done.”

“We’ll all go.” Garrett said taking of f his jacket.

“Does shopping really require this many people?!”

“It’ll be me and Kennedy!” I sighed.

“Hurry your ass up.”

“Am I not invited?” John asked walking over to me.

“Its shopping. I’ll see you later.” He kissed me gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his chest.

“No drinking tonight, okay?”

“None at all.” He promised kissing my forehead. I smiled and let go. Kennedy and Garrett were back in their skinny jeans and black dress shirts. It was the most ridiculous fashion statement the band had ever gotten into. The Maine was growing up or some shit. The whole point of a band was to dress like you were 18 forever or so I thought.

“Later.” We yelled over our shoulders. Retail therapy was the best part of New York. It wasn’t a day for deep conversation; today we were going to have fun and then party the night away with friends.

I was living the dream. One day at a time; one memory after another.

Who would have thought mistakes made on the east coast would make a better life on the west coast?