Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

Wedding

The hustle and bustle of pre wedding morning was insane. Despite the fact that they were in fact getting married at three that afternoon everyone was to be at the church by twelve. Not one of the men were awake before 12:30. It was fantastic.

“John! Dammit.” I threw his boot at him. He groaned and pulled the pillow over his head. “You bring this shit on yourself.”

“Leave me alone, Bella.”

“No. This is Daray’s day and I’m not about to let your lazy ass ruin it for her.” He grumbled incoherently under the pillow. There was a soft knock at the door. I opened it to a fully dressed Pat.

“Is he awake?” I shook my head. He pulled the Flip cam from his pocket and stepped inside.

“Hey Johnny boy!”

“What?!” He asked angrily sitting up.

“Get up. And, say hi to your fans!” Pat said turning the camera on himself and waving.

“Hey guys. It’s a wedding today. I hate weddings.” John said standing and stretching. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

“Hey Bells!”

“Pat. No.” I said pulling the hood over my head.

“Annabelle! You’ve got fans also!”

“I’m not a fan of anyone right now! Weddings are dumb. I’m still traumatized from last night!” I said putting my hand over the camera.

“I LOVEEE YOU!”

“Go. Away. Pat.” I said stomping my foot and pointing out the door. He kissed my cheek and left talking to the camera about some shit that only made sense to him.

“He means well.” John said sliding his arms around my waist and leaning his forehead against mine.

“Shut up. You put your suit on and then we’re going because I still have to get dressed so lets go.” I said pushing him towards the closet. He put his arms out and stopped turning to me.

“Tell me something?”

“Yeah?” I asked staring up at his rather serious face.

“Do you think that the bands future is set in stone? We record, tour, take a break and then do it all over again. I want there to be surprises every time I open my eyes in the morning.”

“Nope.”

“Just nope?”

“Yeah. I can’t promise that some days won’t be the same but for the most part they’ll be forever changing. Even someone who doesn’t constantly tour or party has a forever changing day.”

“That was such a logical answer.” John said running his fingers through his hair. I grinned and took his hand into my own.

“Don’t let the future scare you so much. Things are meant to happen whether we understand the reasoning behind them or not.” He smiled and kissed the top of my hand softly.

“Alright Florida.”

“Whatever Arizona.” I shook my head and grabbed my purse off the bed.

“I’ll see you later.” I kissed him quickly and walked out of the room.

Daray was a bundle of aggravated nerves barely calmed by the fact that everything was going fantastic despite the massive hangover she had.

“The guys are so hung over though!” She whined. I grabbed the headband and slid it behind her ears.

“So are you but it hasn’t stopped you from bitching the whole time.” I grumbled.

“It’s my big day!”

“Yeah. I realize this. Calm down. You look amazing! I’ve never seen a more beautiful bride! Shush your mind.”

“Fine.” She twirled in her dress watching the fabric fall back into place admiringly.

“I’m really happy for you.” I said flattening my own dress.

“I can’t believe its happening.” She whispered.

“You love him. He loves you. You guys have built a life in just a small time.”

“You think we’re doing this all too fast?”

“Nah. You and Alex are like missing puzzle pieces that found their way back into the box.” Daray smiled and looked at the clock. “Ready?” She nodded and pushed open the door of the room. Her dad stood on the other side smiling wider than anyone I’d ever seen. I took Johns arm and got into line with the others.

“You look amazing.” John whispered.

“You clean up rather well also, O’ Callaghan.” I said smiling and watching Daray’s sister step through the double doors. We all filed into the jasmine and rose scented church one couple at a time and branching off to our sides.

Alex and Daray exchanged their personalized vows and kissed. Both families beaming as they congratulated the couple. It was insane to think that barely a year ago they didn’t even know each other outside moments at a show. Katy didn’t know Justin but now she was four months pregnant with his child and they were engaged and I was still busy trying to accept everyone’s partying ways.

“What are you thinking about?” John whispered joining me on the other side. I smiled up at him for a second before looking back at the lone flower that had fallen off the pew.

“I want my camera to get that picture.” I said pointing to it.

“Here.” He handed me his phone. It wasn’t a lot but the I-phone camera wasn’t the worst thing in the whole world. I knelt down and snapped it.

It was breath taking. Among the chaos of people this one fragile flower had yet to get stepped on. John ran to get it before one of the guests stepped on its delicate body. He handed it to me. I sighed and looked up into his green eyes.

“Thank you.” He shrugged and wrapped an arm around me.

We followed the crowd to the reception hall where a party came into full swing complete with drunken speeches, a conga line, and a Rolls Royce with white soup cans attached to the back that took the newlyweds to their hotel.

Weddings weren’t so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bridesmaid
Bride