Status: I'm sorry. I'm sick so whenever i'm better you'll know......

Baby, Just Close Your Eyes

I never want to leave your side

I nervously played with my ring. I hadn’t talked to Halvo much since tour had left off and even then it was super awkward. I was dreading the next week. The red Corolla pulled into the drive. I got up off the couch and followed Pat and Garret who were practically jumping out of their skin to see the two people inside the car. The girl from that bar, Emmy was with him dressed in her usual swanky clothes. I had no idea what she did but it looked nice. Eric got out the other side beaming and bro hugged the guys. John, Jared, and Kennedy rushed out the front door, nearly tripping over each other to greet their friend. Obviously they were as sick of each other as I was. I sighed and walked over to the car to help Emmy with her four bags.

“Hey.” I said smiling at her and grabbing the black bags.

“Thank you. He’s too wrapped up in them to help.” I laughed.

“He’s a man. If it doesn’t pertain to the here and now he’s not interested.”

“Gees. You know guys well, don’t you?” She asked laughing. I scanned the group and motioned for her to follow.

“Yeah. Well, living here has been fun but I’ve learned things I wished I’d rather have never learned. This is ya’lls room. There’s another down the hall if you’d rather have separates. I didn’t know.” I said sitting the bag on the bed and scratching my head awkwardly. She smiled.

“It’s okay. I’ve got this from here. You can go catch up with the guys. Maybe we can go check out that mall later? Try on all the clothes and take pictures. It’ll be fun.” I smiled, sighing.

“You have no idea how glad I am that he brought you with him. The testosterone level in this house is way intense.” I said laughing. She giggled and unzipped her bag.

“Your welcome then. If you see Eric can you tell him to get up here and help me unpack?” I nodded and closed the door behind me. Jared was standing just outside the door leaning against the wall.

“Hey there, mister.”

“Hi. Girl time?”

“If I spend anymore time with guys I may actually start to grow a beard. November’s almost here. I really don’t want to participate in that no shave bull shit. So gross.” He laughed and pulled me into his room and onto the bed.

“Please don’t turn into a guy. I like you better this way.” I smiled.

“How come?”

“Cause your pretty.” He said in a baby voice, kissing my forehead.

“Hey, Jare- Annabelle! Get the fuck out of here right now!” Garret yelled sternly. I laughed and kissed Jared quickly. Garret poked my cheek as I skipped past him and down the stairs. John was staring up at me from the floor.

“Whatcha doing down there, buddy?” He smiled up at me.

“Writing. Whatcha doing in Jared’s room?”

“Making babies! Duh!” I said dancing around the living room to Jordan Witzigreuter. Pat joined me in the dance.

“You guys are idiots.” Eric said walking in the door with his bags.

“Hola to you too! Your girlfriend says get the fuck up stairs and unpack so we can go shopping!”

“Such kind words.” John said sitting up. I giggled and walked into the kitchen nearly cheering when I saw the Mango Motion Naked sitting on the shelf.

“Say thank you, John. You’re such a good friend.” John said reaching around my head for the water bottle.

“I won’t waste my breath. You already know. Thanks best friend.” Emmy walked downstairs now changed.

“Hey! I’m Pat Kirch!” Pat said excitedly pushing his hair out of his face.

“Get your hair cut, Pat!” I screamed sitting on the counter.

“No! Never getting it cut!”

“You look like a chick, bro!” John said spinning on the stool.

“I love when people back me up.” I said smiling at Emmy. She already looked overwhelmed by the houses occupants. Poor girl.

“I can see. You have another one of those right?” I shrugged and pointed to the refrigerator.

“It’s in the bottom drawer.” John said.

“You’re like my mom! Fucking always know where stuff is.” Pat said switching the Ipod to A Day To Remember. We all broke out into song, screaming the words as loud as we could.

“So, I was wondering if you wanted to go soon? I’m bored already.” Emmy said smiling nervously.

“For sure! Lemme change and I’ll steal someone’s keys and we can jet.” I said jumping down and putting the bottle back in the fridge. Warm Naked is bad Naked.

“Annabelle.”

“John.” I said peeking around the corner. He unhooked his keys from his jeans and threw them to me. I smirked and ran upstairs.

I picked up the short black skirt off the rack. Emmy was busy looking at the shirts on the wall. I didn’t really need new clothes but shopping is shopping. You don’t go in a store without buying something. I joined her side looking up the wall. I hadn’t been in a Hot Topic in almost a year in a half. Turns out these stores don’t change much over the years.

“Should I get a The Summer Set shirt or a The Bigger Lights shirt?” She asked pointing to the two designs.

“Eric can get you a TSS shirt.” I said fingering the white material that had All Time Low on the front.

“They’re a good band.” She said nodding at the shirt.

“I made out with that lead singer guy. Alcohol does bad things to people.” I said blushing.

“Alex is a whore.”

“At least he’s cute.” I said shrugging and grabbing the Set Your Goals hoodie off the rack. “Awesome! I love these guys!” She turned away from the rainbow of dye to see what I was talking about.

“Oh. Yeah? I don’t really listen to them but I’ve heard good things. Have you heard of My Favorite Highway?”

“Kind of. They’re from Virginia right? Up near Fairfax.”

“Yeah! I love them boys!”

“I can tell! My uncle runs a club up there where most of the Virginia bands play at least one. It’s a nice place.” I said twirling the gauges cage. I touched my ears. I’d replaced the gauged holes with normal earrings in eleventh grade but why not try again? “Can I get the silver stars, 14g?” I asked the girl behind the counter. She unlocked the case and handed them to me.

“That’s adventurous.” Emmy said looking at the plastic bag.

“You’re one to talk.” I said looking at the blue dye in her hand.

“Highlights. It’s time for a touch up.” She said looking at her bangs disgruntled. I’d been there once but pink was way harder to keep up with than blue. Instead of turning white like the bleach it turned orange. Quite awful.

“I need more beanies. Wanna go to Delias?” She nodded excitedly. What girl didn’t adore that store? I got a new beanie in every color. I was stoked. She got another purse and shoes. It was one of the greatest days I’d had so far since we’d gotten here.

We walked through the door, laughing. Our arms were loaded down with bags in all different colors. The guys turned and stared at us. Each of them were holding a instrument of some sort.

“Hey you guys!” I said kicking my shoes off and walked up the stairs.

“I take you had fun?” I nearly jumped out of my skin.

“Hey, Halvo. I thought you were downstairs.” I said dropping my bags on the floor of my room and shutting the door.

“Had a call. I’m glad you two are bonding. She was starting to think all my friends hated her.”

“How come?”

“Katy and Daray were both pretty nasty last time they were around.”

“Oh….Katy’s pregnant though and Daray is getting married and having to choose Jersey over Arizona. I guess they are on edge.” I said shrugging. He nodded.

“Still, thanks.” He said pulling me into a hug. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his familiar body. It made me long the Summer all over again.

“I miss talking to you, Eric.” I said smiling up at him.

“Missed talking to you too, Bella. Have you heard the new album yet?”

“Yeah! Lovin’ that song Annabelle.” I said laughing.

“Nick swears its not about you that it’s about some ex of his.” I shrugged.

“Whatever he says. I don’t care. The albums amazing, bro. Congrats.” I said smiling and turning the light off on the steps. We joined the others in a joyous reunion of friends. New and old.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annabelle
Emmy

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?

Title cred- The Bride Wore Black