Status: DONE!

It Was You

It Was You

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you

Matthew Charles Sanders looked at the girl he had been seeing for months now. He had met her here at this random little coffee shop one day when he drove to just get away. He had been feeling lifeless and useless when he entered, but then he met her.

Her name was Lux and she was beautiful, spunky and made him laugh, even when he didn’t want to. She had clear, light blue eyes, plump lips that always seemed to be hiding a smirk and pale skin that by it self seemed tan. She wasn’t his usual style, but that just made him like her more.

They met three times a week, and had been for a while now. At first their meetings were sporadic, sitting and chatting for hours only when they bumped into each other, then the meetings were planned and eventually became more frequent. They were meetings that they both looked forward to greatly.

They talked. They talked a lot. They talked about everything and anything. Sometimes, though, they didn’t even talk, they’d read; being in each other’s presence was enough for this unofficial couple.

“Matt,” she looked up at him, over her coffee, meeting his gaze confidently. His heart skipped a beat.

Yes, there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you

“Yeah?” He gave a half smile.

“Hi,” she smiled and he playfully rolled his eyes at her, both happy.

Matt watched as her eyes looked at the other people in the shop. Usually she looked at the couples old and new. She would get this dazed, dreamy look in her eyes; he knew what she was thinking, he often thought about it as well.

I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down, I want to come too

And he actually enjoyed thinking about it.

I think that possibly, maybe I’m falling for you

When Lux had sat down next to him, all those months ago, trying to find out what was wrong, Matt wasn’t quite sure how to react. He had more or less blew her off, not wanting to deal with fans at that moment. Though she did enjoy his music, he soon found out that she was no neurotic fangirl- in fact, he found that she was just what he needed.

It took some convincing to get him to talk; he didn’t think she’d understand but something told her to press on. She told him sometimes it was easier to talk to a stranger that he would probably never see again, than it was to talk to friends and family. A stranger would have an unbiased opinion, and probably wouldn’t be burdened with the act of trying to make him feel better. Going against his better judgment, she could have been a journalist, he opened his mouth- and Matt was glad he did.

No one understands me quite like you do, through all of the shadowy corners of me

After meeting Lux, he decided the coffee shop wasn’t so bad, and found it the perfect place to unwind. He liked the environment and grew fond of the shop. The people were friendly, the shop it self was relaxing, and the coffee wasn’t bad either.

I never knew just what it was, about this old coffee shop I loved so much

He enjoyed the little coffee shop greatly.

All of the while I never knew…

“Hey Lux,” Matt trailed off nervously, he wasn’t used to being nervous around a girl.

“Hm?” She vocalized, raising her eyebrows before taking her eyes off the gaming magazine she was currently indulged in; he loved that she loved video games.

“Do want to go out sometime? Like, some where not here with actual food and waiters and stuff?” She looked at him for a moment, a blank expression on her face. He started to sweat a little, she seemed to be taking a really long time to answer, but just as he was about to make a break for it, a smile stretched across her face and her eyes lit up just a little more.

“Yes, I think I’d like that. I think I’d like that a lot,” her smile turned into a lopsided grin as she blushed, Matt on the other hand had a smile so wide his dimples were showing.

I never knew, just what it was,
About this old coffee shop I loved so much
All of the while I never knew
It was you
♠ ♠ ♠
So, i've discovered songfics really aren't my cup of tea OR coffee. But I hear its cute so i posted anyway.

ALL RIGHTY LUX?
She's hot shit and pretty awesome, check her out.

Violent-Fetish