Sequel: Eternity
Status: 'Tis complete, peeps!

One Day at a Time

I don't need no one; I'll be fine alone

Preface

Dear Alex,

I hate you. Please stop bothering me.

~Luke

Dear Alex,

Will you please leave me alone? You’re suffocating me.

~Luke

Dear Alex,

I don’t understand why
you can’t understand when no means no. Just stop!

~Luke

Dear Alex,

I’m sorry. Please forgive me.

~Luke

Dear Luke,

We’re through.

~Alexa
(with an A)


1.

“He sent you notes?” Jenn asked me as she read through the ridiculous little notes my ex-boyfriend sent to me through e-mail.

“Yup,” I nodded in agreement. “And I think it wouldn’t have been so strange if I was writing the notes, but it was a little, I don’t know, scary?”

“Scary?” Jenn looked at me, confused. “You thought it was scary?”

“Well, yeah. I mean, how many of your past boyfriends would send you little notes that said they hate you and didn’t want to see you and then are all like, I’m sorry, please forgive me?”

“Touché,” She handed back the notes. “This is pretty childish of him.”

“I know. I’m not even sure what I did,” I shoved the letters back into my bag. “But anyway, I’m glad that relationship is over with. If anyone was doing the suffocating, it was him. Time to move on.”

“Exactly,” Jenn smiled. “And I know just how to do that.”

I looked at her, knowing that the smile on her face meant there was some sort of evil plan or something just cooking in her head. Her eyes met mine with a crazy look and my forehead wrinkled.

“Oh, please don’t tell me you’re gonna try to set me up again,” I begged.

“Again?” She exclaimed. “You never let me have the pleasure of doing so.”

It’s true, I never let her set me up before, but I figured, ‘what the heck?’

“Fine, I’ll let you do this. But if it doesn’t go well, you owe me fifty bucks.”

“And if it does go well?” She asked.

“Then you have the pleasure of knowing that the guy I’m dating was all because of you,” I held my hand out to strike the deal.

“Deal,” She shook my hand.

It was Friday night and I was waiting in my fairly spacious one bedroom apartment for Jenn to come by. She was going to help me get ready for my date with this guy that she set me up with. I heard a knock at the door and I popped up off my couch and opened the door, looking disheveled.

“Alexa, what in the world?” Jenn pointed at me, referring to the way I was dressed.

“What?” I asked and looked down at myself.

“You look horrible. What’s with the shabby outfit?”

I pulled at my baggy sweatpants and oversized hoodie. Jenn shook her head in disappointment as she slid off her ballet flats and dropped a large athletic looking bag on the floor.

“Okay, what’s with the big bag here?” I pointed to the Nike bag. “We’ve discussed the large bag problem you have and you promised not to go any bigger.”

Jenn laughed and her face went serious again. “Shut up. Those are my supplies,” She replied.

“Supplies?” This worried me. “Supplies for what?” I watched as she un-zippered it and pulled out a few smaller bags.

“I brought you some stuff for tonight,” She said as I looked on in horror.

There were a few pairs of shoes tucked away in there (all heels, by the way), a bag of makeup, a bag of hair products, and even a few dresses. Jenn stood up and placed her hands on her hips and looked at me, feeling accomplished.

“You brought all this stuff for tonight?” I leaned on my right leg with attitude and put my hands in my front hoodie pocket. She crossed her arms and pursed her lips.

“Be grateful,” She stated. “You’re lucky I didn’t decide to bring my collection of bags for you to use. These are just a few things I knew you couldn’t leave the house without. The dresses are mine, the shoes are borrowed from my sister, and the hair and makeup stuff is mine. Did you take a shower yet?”

I stared at her for a moment, not really following what she was saying. Never in my life can I remember ever getting dressed up because I felt like it. It was usually because I was forced to. Examples; prom, my sweet sixteen, and, of course, any wedding that I’ve ever been to, and that’s about it. Other than that, I was more of a comfortable dresser; like baggy sweatpants and oversized hoodies.

“Yes, I already showered. This morning.”

“This morning?” She shook her head and pointed to the bathroom. “Please go wash up. You probably stink. Go!”

This was why I never liked her interfering with my personal life. But, I ran into the bathroom and took a quick shower. It was going on 6 ‘o’ clock and my date would be arriving at 7. So, because Jenn is such a worry wart, I took a five minute shower.

“Hurry up!” She banged on the door.

“I’m coming! Hold on!” I yelled back.

I’m not excited about the date, but I’m kind of hoping it works out. And yet, at the same time, I’m hoping for a complete failure so I get that fifty bucks from Jenn.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story, first chapter. comment and tell me what you think. enjoy =]