Sequel: Eternity
Status: 'Tis complete, peeps!

One Day at a Time

We can drive around and see a movie

Going through the same thing that Jenn used to go through during her childhood me feel more in tune with her. I don’t know why, but even though I was her best friend I felt we weren’t always on the same level. Sure we shared tons of things with each other and we were always together, but there were some things that we kept from each other; like Erik and I. I don’t think I would have the heart to tell her that the guy she set me up with months earlier was the reason I was in the hospital in the first place. And yet, I thought it would make things seem less intense if I could at least tell someone.

Besides all the current drama, I was thankful that it was finally Friday. I had been looking forward to a weekend of relaxation. My exams through out the past week stressed me out to the max and I was glad to have some time to myself. Erik hadn’t stopped by since the day before Jenn came over. And Jenn hadn’t stopped by since she came over either. It was a relaxing, yet nerve-wracking week. But it was Friday! I was about pop in a movie to watch when there was a knock at my door.

“Seriously?” I mumbled to myself and walked over to open the door. “Joe,” I sounded surprised. “What’re you doing here?”

“It’s Friday, remember?” He asked. I smacked my forehead, remembering that I promised Joe that we could hang out. Or was it a date? I still wasn’t sure.

“I’m so sorry,” I said as I let him into my apartment. “I thought you said Saturday.”

“Oh, yeah,” he remembered. “I guess I didn’t really specify which day. Crap.” He rubbed his forehead, feeling stupid. “I could just come back tomorrow.”

“No, no. Its fine,” I assured him. “Let me dressed real quick and we’ll go do something.”

“You’re sure?”

“Yeah, definitely.” I grabbed the remote that was sitting on the coffee table and pointed to the couch for him to sit down before handing him the remote. “Find something to watch. I’ll be right back.”

I walked into my room, trying not to make myself feel dizzy, and began to search my dresser and closet for something decent to wear. T-shirts, sweatpants, sweaters.

“Don’t I have anything nice?!” Damn it!” I whispered angrily out loud.

My clothes were terrible and I couldn’t think of something that I had that would be nice, and not too trashy or lame. As I spun around to look at my hamper next to my bed, I spotted my phone on the night stand.

“Jenn,” I said, almost in a trance. I walked over to my nightstand, still staring at the phone, picked it up and started to dial Jenn’s cell phone. It rang twice before she answered.

“Wow, you’re calling from your house phone. This could be very interesting, very scary, or just extremely weird. I don’t know; take your pick.”

“Oh my gosh, your sarcasm kills me. I should call you from my home phone more often.”

I heard her laugh turn into a quick snort and she got serious again.

“Okay, really. What’s up? You lose your phone or something?” She asked, seeming to be concerned for me.

“Joe is here,” I said in a low voice so he couldn’t hear me from the living room.

“Ooo, I can’t believe you, Alexa! This is something very interesting. I thought you were too busy having Erik as a boy friend. Make sure you’re safe!” She exclaimed.

“Ew, Jenn! Shut up! We’re going out somewhere,” I corrected her. “I have absolutely nothing to wear. Help, please.”

“Oh, I see,” she was silent for minute. I was about to say something to make sure she was still there, but she suddenly spoke. “You really do like him, huh? Oh man, this is such good gossip! I wish I had someone to tell. Well, I would usually tell my best friend, but I can’t exactly tell you your own gossip, now can I?”

“Jenn!” I shouted and covered my mouth, hoping Joe didn’t hear me. “Jenn,” I whispered. “Please?” She sighed.

“Check in your closet, all the way on the right side. There’s a pair of cute skinny jeans and an I’m-not-being-trashy-but-I-like-to-show-some-cleavage type of shirt next to it. I think it’s yellow.”

I raised one eyebrow when I searched my closet and found the exact outfit she just explained to me; skinny jeans and a yellow shirt.

“And wear those cute little black flats that you never wear; the ones with the little buckle on them.”

“First off, thanks. And, second, you creep me out sometimes,” I continued to stare at my outfit in shock and proceeded to pull out my black flats. “I gotta go, but I’ll call you later tonight because I’m sure you’ll wanna know every detail.”

“Aw, you’re such a good friend to me,” she replied, her smile obvious through her voice. “Have fun!”

“Thank you!” I hung up the phone and started getting dressed.

I stood in front of the mirror that was behind my door like I always did before I went somewhere. Jenn was a genius, even if she was weird. And she was definitely right about the shirt. It wasn’t trashy, but my chest was a little out there. Although Joe doesn’t seem like a guy who would stare right at a girl’s chest when they’re talking, he was still a boy. So I pulled it off and put a black tank top on and then put the shirt back on. Better.

My hair didn’t need much work. I pulled it up into a messy bun and grabbed my purse and jacket, and headed back into the living room. Joe seemed to be staring at the TV screen with an intense look on his face.

“What are you watching?” I asked, bringing him out of his TV trance.

“Oh,” he looked over to me and stood up. “Wow. You look…really beautiful.”

I felt my cheeks blush and tried to ignore it while I grabbed my phone from the coffee table.

“Thanks. So where are we going?”

“Um, a movie, maybe? And dinner, if you’d like,” he seemed nervous. I nodded my head.

“Sounds great. You ready?” I started towards the door and put my jacket on. He turned off the TV and followed after me.

As I locked the door and began walking to Joe, I felt my phone go off in my hand. It was a text message from Jenn.

Remember what I said…be safe, woman! Call me later <3
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter! I think it's pretty funny. What do you think? Comments?
Coming soon: Joe and Erik will meet! Its gonna be good, so stay tuned!
Enjoy :]