Sequel: Eternity
Status: 'Tis complete, peeps!

One Day at a Time

Head over heals in the moment

One Year Later…

“Joe, seriously,” my tone of voice was stern. I hate surprises. “Where in the world are you taking me?” I asked, stumbling around as I followed him; a blindfold keeping me oblivious to my surroundings. Why does he do this to me?

“Oh, come on. Don’t be a party pooper. You know you’re excited,” he said as he continued to lead me to wherever we were going.

I was pretty sure we were outside by the smell that New Jersey usually had in the air. It was the same smell I’ve smelled my whole life; garbage. Maybe we weren’t exactly the Garden State, but whatever.

“Joe, for real. Where are we going?”

“I’m not ruining it for you, so shut your mouth, please.”

I pursed my lips together and I could tell he saw me do that because he laughed. We continued walking and I continued to get angrier.

“Joseph, I’m not kidding,” I became very serious. I’m not the type of person who enjoys being dragged along behind someone while I’m blindfolded. It’s a bit nerve-racking.

“Alexa, I’m not kidding either. Don’t be a party pooper. Just a few more steps,” he assured me.

I sighed loudly, hoping he would hear me loud and clear. And, he obviously did by the fact that he squeezed my hand lightly. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Okay,” he said and we stopped. I was completely unsure of where I was, even when he untied the blindfold. “Check it out.”

My eyes were still blurry from having them closed for the half an hour car ride and the ten minute walk to where we were. When they finally got clear enough to see, I knew exactly where I was.

“You’re kidding me,” I said and looked around at the place we first met, Luna’s; a small night club. “You made me walk to this club?”

“I parked down the street and figured it would be more fun to make you impatient and angry if I made you walk. But this is where we first met.”

“I remember,” I smiled. “But Luna’s? That’s the surprise?”

“Would you rather me have brought you to the second place we saw each other; at the hospital?” He asked with sarcasm in his tone. I shook my head and smiled innocently at him. He leaned in and kissed me. “You and you’re innocence. It kills me sometimes.”

“Ugh,” I laughed. “Whatever.”

He laughed and led me into the club. I never really liked going to that club; Jenn always thought you could meet decent guys at clubs. I guess she was right for once. As we entered, I quickly realized there was no music. As a matter of fact, there were no people, either. Then again, it was a Wednesday night and it usually isn’t open.

“So, tell me why we’re here, again?” I asked; feeling even more confused as he sat me down at the bar. It was the same spot I was sitting at when we first met. What was happening here?

“I called in a favor to the owner to get it for the night. He was more than happy to do so.”

“You have a lot of connections, don’t you?”

“Well, of course,” he replied, smugly. “This one only cost me a couple tickets to one of Nick’s shows coming up. His daughters were dying to see him in concert; didn’t even ask for backstage passes.”

“Pretty sweet deal. I love that you can get what you want.”

“Oh, well, thank you.”

He slid behind the bar and pulled out a bottle of Coke, remembering that it was my favorite soda. I preferred not to drink, even if I was twenty-one. The next thing he pulled out was two champagne glasses, which made me laugh at the fact that soda would be poured into them. He poured me a glass, and then himself.

“I figured the soda was a safe bet. I know you’re not much of a drinker.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “Jenn has tried so hard, but I just don’t like it all that much.”

“Better let her know to take it easy on the drinking,” he warned in nice way. “I think Nick has a little crush on her.”

“Aw, really? He’s so sweet. I think Jenn would need to do a complete one-eighty to be a fit for Nick,” I said and took a sip of my soda. “Then again, they’re complete opposites of each other. They would make a cute couple, don’t you think?”

“Uh, I don’t think things are cute, but they’d probably be good for each other.”

“But it would be cute; both of them.”

“You know who else is good for each other?” He asked and came out from behind the bar to sit on the stool next to me.

“Enlighten me,” I chuckled.

“Us.”

As he said it, he set down his glass and came off the stool as soon as he seemed comfortable on it. He grabbed my hand in his and looked me in the eyes. I could feel the same butterflies I had on our first date in my stomach and my heart began to beat slightly faster.

“I’m obviously not good at this,” he joked and laughed nervously. “But for once in my life, I’ve felt like I know what I want to do, and being with you makes it so much more obvious to me. Remember when I said I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do?”

I nodded my head as he continued.

“I realize now that I want to be with you and that I’m completely head over heals, I feel breathless; and we'll take it one day at a time...”

“Are you quoting some of your songs to me?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” he snickered and I smiled wider. With that, he drew in a breath. It felt like my heart had jumped up into my throat, and I took in a deep breath as well.

“Alexa,” he knelt down slowly to the floor, pulling out a velvet box and opened it. “Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Em Jay! I have finished my very first story...that has more than 4 chapters! I am so excited! Thank you everyone! You guys are seriously amazing :] The first chapter of the sequel is currently in progress. Subscribe! This cliffhanger will kill you if you don't subscribe! Haha! Enjoy :]
P.S., did I mention how amazing you are? lol <3