Jacob and Renesmee, Together Forever

Chapter 10

The meeting with my parents went fairly smoothly, and in the end they agreed to it. I guess my mom talked him into it before we arrived so he didn't say much. He gave his half hear ted congratulations before walking out the front door. Mom shot me an apologetic look, then took off after him.

Jake wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close,

"It'll all work out Nessie, don't worry."

I didn't really get a chance to respond because at that moment Alice pranced into the room chattering animatedly to Esme, who was trailing not far behind.

" We need to start planning this wedding! we need a dress. I know this guy in Paris who makes the most brilliant dresses! We will also need flowers, and a..."

"Alice stop!" I cried, grabbing her wrist, and turning her so that she faced me. " We want a simple wedding down on the beach in La Push. Nothing too extravagant."

Alice looked slightly put out at this. It was no secret that Alice liked to go overboard on any project, so reigning her in was often difficult.

I stepped forward and placed my hand on her cheek and played back one of my most recent memories of Jake and I on the beach with the setting sun sparkling on the waters behind us. The sky was all shades of orange and pink, and there was a slight breeze blowing through the trees. the rustling of their leaves was faint, but still a calming sound. I dropped my hand,

" Can you work the wedding to go with that?"

She paused, her eyes closed. After a moment she opened the again and grinned,

"Yes! this wedding is going to be so beautiful! You and Jake will love it!"

She grabbed Esme's hand and dragged her out of the room, chattering away once more.

I looked up at Jake. He was smiling bemusedly, apparently lost in thought. I placed my hand on his cheek and showed him his expression and my curiosity. He laughed,

" I was just thinking of our honeymoon."

" I'm sure she'll love it hot and rough Dog, so no worries"

Emmett walked into the room smirking, and leaned against the opposite wall. Before he knew what happened I was flying across the room, teeth clenched. Emmett sprang up and we collided in mid air.I knew I wasn't supposed to be fighting because I had a greater chance at getting hurt than they did, but all logical reasoning went out the window as I hit the floor. Hard.

I winced as I stood back up, glaring at him. He was crouched, ready to strike back.

Jake growled from his place over by the door. the split second it took Emmett to look over at him I sprang, landing quite gracefully on his back. My lips were pressed close against his ear,

" Back off Em, before I have to hurt you."

He flipped me off his back, but this time Io landed on my fee. I grinned and held out my hand.

"Truce?"

He looked at me for a moment and then burst into laughter. He tossled my hair as he stood up,

" Yeah, truce. But I'll get you next time midget." and then retreated to the kitchen.

Jake hadn't relaxed a muscle, so I walked over and pulled his face to mine, kissing him gently. I felt his muscles relax as his hands wrapped themselves around me and pulled me closer. After a moment I pulled away and grinned up at him.

"Are you ready to marry someone who can kick your butt?"

He grinned back.

" Yeah, I think I am."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys, and I would love any comments or suggestions!