Jacob and Renesmee, Together Forever

Chapter 3

It was only a matter of minutes before Jacob pulled up in his baby, a 1986 Rabbit. It was as he called it” A real classic, Nessie! You can’t find a better car than that!” For his birthday I planned on getting him a shiny new car. Maybe a Volvo or a Corvette, I hadn’t decided yet.
I ran outside and jumped into the passenger seat without a second glance back the house, I was ready to go. He leaned over and kissed me tenderly, placing his warm hand on the side of my face. After a moment he pulled away, muttering in my ear.
“I’ve missed you so much Nessie, You have no clue how crazy you make me.”
He kissed me quickly again and I felt the flush creep up my cheeks. He looked at them and laughed. As he started the engine and pulled away from the house, following the familiar route back to his house, I got lost in the thought of tonight. Maybe we could go to the beach and watch as the sun set, sparkling on the ocean waters, or maybe we would just curl up on his couch and watch a movie. It wasn’t long before Jacob began to speak,
“So what do you want to do tonight? We could hang out at my house or we could go to Sam and Emily’s. I think everyone is s there tonight.” He looked a little put out at the thought of being the only one left out, even though I knew he would never say it.

“ Yeah, lets go to Sam’s, it’ll be fun.” I said, watching his face break out into a huge grin. I looked over at him and saw that he was looking at me. His dark eyes sparkled in the sunlight. I was just about to say something when there was an almighty crash and the sound of crunching metal. I felt myself fly forward and hit something solid. My head throbbed painfully as I was jerked back into place by my seatbelt. I tried to call for Jacob but nothing would come out. My mind went blank, and then everything went black.

* * * *

I opened my eyes and tried to sit up. My head, which was covered in a bandage, throbbed painfully. “Jacob?” I called uncertainly. What had happened? Was he ok? I tried to stand up but instantaneously, there was my father pushing me back down onto the couch gently. I looked up into his face, shocked that it did not show anger but relief.

“Dad, where is Jacob? Is he ok?” I asked, I could feel my heart pounding painfully against my ribs. Wincing slightly I sat back up. He didn’t answer right away,
“ He … will be fine.”
I stared at him,” what do you mean ‘will be’?”
He sighed and took a breath, “ He got . . . injured in the wreck. Being a wolf and with his healing an ability he should be all right, that’s all I’m saying. He had a mild concussion and some scratches. Are you feeling all right? Does your head hurt, I can get you some painkillers?” I shook my head; all I wanted at that moment was Jacob.