Jacob and Renesmee, Together Forever

Chapter 4

It had been over two weeks since the accident and yet my dad was still reluctant to let me hang out with Jacob. He forced us to stay inside under his constant, never wavering, attention. This was the first time Jacob and I had been left unsupervised and I took advantage of it.
“ Jacob”, whispered, brushing my fingers across his cheek, his warmth had a soothing feeling. Happiness flooded through my veins, leaving butterflies in my stomach. “I love you”
He smiled, his eyes shined brightly even though the room was dimly lit. The only source of light was streaming through the large window on the other side of Carlisle and Esme’s living room.
“ I love you too, more than you could ever imagine.” He leaned in and kissed me tenderly, I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer to me. His hands were moving slowly down my back to my waist. I leaned forward and pushing him back onto the couch. Sensing what I as doing he pushed me away gently, “ Nessie, stop, your dad is still here.”
I stared at him, slightly annoyed. “ So? It’s not like we’re going to have sex right here on the couch. Kissing isn’t illegal you know. I’m sixteen, he’ll get over it.” I began to kiss him again but he grabbed my face gently, but firmly between his hands. “No, Not now.”
I was starting to get angry now. “ Why? When would be a good time for you Jacob? Would you like to check your schedule first? Make sure you aren’t to busy?”
He pushed me away from him and sat up. “ You know it’s not like that Renesmee.”
I glared at him,” then explain it to me Jacob.”
He glared back at me, and said nothing. His eyes were no longer sparkling with happiness but cold with pain and anger. I felt horrible. I was being horrible. He didn’t deserve this. I sighed.
“Jacob I’m sorry, that was really rude of me. I’m so sorry, do you forgive me?” his expression softened at those words, and he tousled my hair.,” Its ok Nessie, its not your fault. Do you want to go on a walk?”
I stared at him for a moment. Something wasn’t right with him, he looked like he wanted to say something important. It looked like it was causing him pain. “ Jacob what’s wron-?”
“Not here!” He hissed. Before I could say another word my dad was in the room. Dang mind reader.
“Renesmee, when exactly did you plan on telling me that you were leaving?” His voice was quiet, almost angry.
“ Um… now I guess. So can Jacob and me go on a walk? We wont go far.” I looked up at him hopefully. He sighed.
“ I guess so, but please stay close to home.” He paused and looked at Jacob for a long moment, his eyes narrowed, but he turned and walked back into the other room. Jacob led me out the front door and to the woods. I slipped my hand into his. He squeezed it gently as we continued into the complete privacy of the trees.