Jacob and Renesmee, Together Forever

Chapter 5

We continued into the forest, a little further than I would have guessed we were going, but it was peaceful. It hadn’t rained that day but the smell of damp earth still lingered in the air.

Jacob didn’t talk, it seemed like he had something on his mind so I let him think. After a few more minutes of walking silently together he stopped. Dropping my hand he turned around to face me. I felt my heart rate quicken in anticipation of what was coming. I didn’t know exactly what that was but I was sure that is was going to great, why else would he have dragged me so far into the woods?

“ Renesmee, I think that we …uh…need a break…from each other.” He studied my face as the words sunk in. He was breaking up with me?!?!

I said the only thing that my mind could come up with,” Why?”

He ran his fingers through his long mane of hair; I caught the woodsy scent of it as the breeze blew through the trees.

“ I just need sometime to figure things out. Do you understand what I mean?”

I was surprised to feel a tear stream down my cheek, I brushed it away impatiently,” What’s there to figure out? We are destined to be together, to be with each other. You imprinted on me! Don’t you love me anymore?”

As those last words sunk in his expression went from slightly angry to horrorstruck and filled with pain.” How could you think that I don’t love you Nessie? How could you say that? You know that I love you”

I used the only tool I had left, I begged. “ Jacob, Please, Don’t go. I need you. Please?”

“I’m sorry Nessie, I cant, its just-“

I cut him off, I didn’t want to hear it anymore,” Whatever Jake, if that’s what you want, then fine. Goodbye Jacob.” I turned and began walking back towards the house. His voice was barely audible over the snapping of the twigs under my feet,

“Goodbye Nessie.”

I took a deep breath and glanced quickly behind me, but he was already gone. I slipped into the house. Being that everyone was up at Carlisle and Esme’s, the house was empty. I walked through my parent’s room to a pair of glass doors that led out into a hidden garden. Decorated with climbing roses and a small pond bordered by stones, it was the most beautiful place to be. I sank down onto the ground and stared into the waters of the pond sparkling in the setting sun.

I don’t know how long I sat there. Days could have passed and I wouldn’t have noticed. I didn’t cry, the time for tears was gone. They wouldn’t bring him back. Nothing could. Sighing, I stood up and walked back into the house. I walked into my room and climbed into bed, not bothering to change clothes. I lay there, staring out the window at the night sky. It was cloudy, with no stars to light it up. Just like the sky, I had lost my light, my star. I lost Jacob.
♠ ♠ ♠
People I need your opinions on what should happen next. Please comment on either here or on my profile. Thanks!