Jacob and Renesmee, Together Forever

Chapter 7

Billy was sick, but with what, no one knew. Carlisle was in the bedroom with Billy, talking in a hushed voice, completely inaudible, even with my hearing. I sighed and stood up. The living room had become so cramped that it was becoming claustrophobic. That and with the worry about Jacob, it was really starting to get to me.

I walked out the door, avoiding eye contact with everyone. I could feel their eyes on my back as I closed the door behind me. The air was warmer now the sun had risen. I reached into my pocket and dialed Jacob’s number for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Ring Ring Ri- “ Hello?”

“Jacob?”

“Who else would it be? Listen we need to talk. About last night, I’m really sorry I left like that, I just needed sometime to clear my head. There’s something I want to ask you.”

“Jake, wait, your dad needs you right now, he’s sick.”

“I know, I got your texts. I’m on my way home right now.”

“When will you get here?”

“Turn around.”

“Huh… oh!” I gasped as Jacob stepped out of the forest wearing only a pair of cut off jean shorts and a grin. I shoved my phone in my pocket and jumped into his arms, winding mine around his neck. I kissed him like I had never kissed him before. I felt him shrink back in shock but then he sat me down on the ground and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling us ever closer together. I sighed as we broke apart.

“We need to get back to the house.” I said, taking his hand and leading him back up the warn path to the house.

“ So do you know… what’s wrong with him yet?” He asked casually but I could hear the pain it was covering.

“I’m sorry I don’t but Carlisle should be done by now.”

He was silent. I squeezed his hand gently as we walked through the door. I knew instantly that it wasn’t good. Sam was comforting a sobbing Emily on the couch. Quil, Embry, and Seth were all huddled together talking quietly. They looked up at us as we walked in but Carlisle got to us first.

“I’m sorry about your father Jacob.” He said, reaching out to pat him on the shoulder, to my surprise, he didn’t flinch away. Instead he bowed his head, giving him the look of a sad puppy.

“ How bad is it doc?”

“He has a very sever case of pneumonia. There’s not much we can do for him except make him as comfortable as possible. I say he has about two weeks, give or take a few days. I’m exceptionally sorry but must leave. I will check back in later tonight if you like.”

“ Yeah.” I heard Jacob voice crack, “ thanks doc.”

I turned to look at Jacob as Carlisle left. “ Jake, I’m so sorry.” I wrapped my arms around him. I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks, I could hear Jacob sniffing above me. I buried my face in his chest as I let out a sob.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this chapter took forever to post.The rest of the chapters will be posted sooner, I promise. Hope you enjoyed this and feel free to comment.