Pink Apartment

html.

Image

"Remy."

I turned on my side and tried to ignore the annoying voice of Rupert for the twentieth time that morning. After a tiring day, and finding out that Carmen hooked up with Rupert, I couldn't help but start to get increasingly pissed off at every thought or word spoken by Rupert.

"Remy." He tried again, this time poking me. I put my fluffy pillow on my head. He sighed and poked me again.

"Remy, come on. Why are you mad at me?" He asked pleadingly. I couldn't resist the knives of compassion and pity I felt for him. But I tried fighting them and I realized that if I didn't acknowledge their presence, they would leave me alone. Sleepless nights would make up for it.

Putting my pillow aside, I stepped out of the bed in all my morning glory. I wish I was one of those girls who magically looked amazing in the mornings. But no. A huge zit was coming out on my chin and my mascara leaked all over.

Now that's a sight for sour eyes..Not.

I brushed my teeth slowly, trying to avoid all kinds of conversation with my new roommate. That image still played itself over and over in my head. It's kinda silly to think about it that much. But his beautiful eyes, his warm hands and his sweet kisses were mine. I made him. I created him. And thanks to a miracle, he was now dating my best friend. If that's what you can call Carmen. I wasn't to keen on her now.

I spit out and washed my mouth. I then proceeded to wash my face. I even tried popping the zit. Needless to say, that hurt. And it started to bleed. Even better. I slowly walked back into the room, aware that he was still there. In my ex-boyfriend's sweats and my father's white T-shirt. They all looked so big on him, so adorable. They made him vulnerable. Like a little kid you see playing in a park and you suddenly ask yourself when did you became an old lady?

A little kid who was able to smash young girls' hearts. A dangerous power but I loved it when his frosted eyes lingered on me. I loved it how he could pin you in a place and make sure you don't leave until he finds out what he wants. Rupert knew everything about me. Everything. He had the power to ruin me. To hurt me in such an evil way it could not be described. I shared all my fights, all the nights I cried myself to sleep, all the faults and things I value in men with him. And now he was turning out to be just like them. Normal. Blind.

Frankly, I didn't know what I was looking for. Anything but ordinary, maybe.

ImageImage

"Why are you mad at me?" Rupert asked as he was scrambling his eggs. I glanced away. Even the thought that he knew he was the result of my perfect man and that I caught him with the perfect example of what he, meaning the perfect man, should not do infuriated me.

"Remy! Talk to me." Rupert half-yelled and I whipped my head up in surprise. He was now standing in front of me, bent down, pinning me with the look I adored and squeezing my palms in his, almost as to make sure I wasn't going to bolt.

I turned my head in the other direction.

"What did I do? Tell me and I'll apologize for it!" He said again, this time with a rising stress level in his voice. I narrowed my eyes at him and flipped him off. I got up from my seat, grabbed my coat, put on my Ugg boots and escaped the trap.

In no way was I obliged to answer his question. The answer was pathetic. I loved him. And if I didn't, then I was falling in love.

"Remy!" Rupert yelled again, coming out of the apartment.

Too late.

The elevator's doors closed.

ImageImage

"Eli?" I asked shyly. Not in an affectionate way. In a more broken-hearted way. In a more ashamed way. Eli was the last person on Earth I swore that I would come for help to.

"Remy? Is that you? What-"

"Can I come over?" I cut him off and I heard a grunt. I shut my phone and headed towards him. The Socialite.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I see you aiming at my pedestal. I better let you know."
- Rihanna

so glad she's finally
speaking out! you can
really see in her ABC interview
that she's still torn up about
it. I mean who wouldn't?
finally updated! shitty week.
hate high school.

love, lynn xo