The Vampire With The Pink Handbag

Day One

The Vampire With The Pink Handbag (Edited Version)

www.shareegreene.com

By Sharee Greene

Check out my voice blog titled: The intricate world of the vampire with the pink handbag post here http://www.snapvine.com/vampirewiththepinkhandbag

Plot descreption:

Set in modern-times Oriole Brique a lonesome, desolate yet highly presumptuous young vampire boy begins his first day at an all vampire College. Although he has been accustomed to attending human schools he was now going to endure school with other vampires, which is something he once feared strongly. Oriole knew he was far different and could never live up to the vampire male expectation; he was feminine and sensitive and this was unheard of in the vampire community. He meets a group of handsome, imperial and highly mysterious vampires boys called the trio. Oriole begins a reckless and tumultuous relationship with one of their members; a vampire boy who is in denial about his sexuality. Life after this relationship will never be the same because it spirals into a fantastical adventure in this book series.

The Vampire With The Pink Handbag

By Sharee Greene

Chapter 1- Day One

Oriole sat quietly and motionless by the water as he watched the waves, listening to the sea and pressing his feet into the sand. It was a sunny day and his white polo shirt and sky blue khakis seemed to match the scenery. But unlike myths from movies and stories humans read, vampires were not affected by the sun. Although his skin was pale - pure and clean and as smooth as a baby's bottom, his beauty outshone it all. Everything about Oriole's face was classically beautiful, from his chiseled cheek bones to his soft plump pink lips. His hair was very light blond and seemed to sparkle as if it was constantly kissed by the sun. It was full and wavy and his locks flowed with the wind's tune. His eyes were haunting. They shined more than any human's and were very odd in color - his left eye pale green in color, his right eye soft brown, a shiny new bronze penny. His body was long and lean, but there was something feminine about him, as if he could easily pass for a young girl if he made an effort. Although he was just eighteen, his gracefulness lent him a maturity beyond his years.

Oriole grabbed his sandals and walked quickly towards his home further down the beach. As he passed, two human girls stared at him insistently, but he never returned their gaze. He opened the glass patio doors and entered his parents' large home. Theirs was similar to most beach houses, awash with soft greens and mild blues, though their living room was so white inside it was almost dream-like. Soft pillows on the couch and pictures on the walls added the only, very necessary, color to the room. Grabbing his pale pink over-the-shoulder handbag, Oriole headed to class. It was his first day of college.

Opening the doors and entering the class were the most nerve wracking things Oriole had ever done. It felt so strange for him, about twenty vampires all staring up and watching him cross the room. Pale faces, beauty and grace in everyone, but all in different ways and no teasing aroma of human blood in the air. They seemed surprised by him and there were strong facial reactions, even an aggressive purr coming from a male vampire. This made him nervous. Although not everyone seemed hostile, a lot of them seemed puzzled by him. Already he could see similarities to human traits; there were jocks and nerds, as well as off beat kids and rocker types.

The most noticeable boy sat in the back alone. His name was Quinn Cornell and he seemed to keep to himself. Quinn was not the athletic type, nor was he an ostentatious person. He was more like the creative, quiet, guy-next-door kind - well liked by all. A very artistic person, he was always sketching and painting. Quinn's shoulder length hair was chestnut brown. He wore an obviously homemade shirt with a cool dragon sketch on it, and even his jeans were different, stitched red down the sides.

He capped the look off with a pair of bright red and lime green sneakers. His hands were folded and he wore a large red ring. It was very shiny and noticeable. When he looked at Oriole he seemed impartial, rolling his eyes slightly, then staring forward.

There was a girl in the back sitting alone. She had extremely curly, autumn brown hair and dark brown eyes. As soon as she made eye contact with Oriole, she looked down and bowed her head. Even with that act of introversion, she was somehow still inviting.

Oriole sat down next to her, but she did not look up. Instead she touched his hand lightly, then quickly moved it.

"What was that?" Oriole asked, turning his body toward her. He didn't sound upset about it, just curious.

"Just my way of saying hello." Her voice was extremely soft and gentle, with hint of sweet southern accent.

"Where are you from?" He asked inquisitively, because of her accent.

"Texas originally, but I been out here for four years now," she answered. "I've never seen you at the vampire high school in town."

"Well, we just moved out here from back East, but I've never been to any vampire schools."

"What?" She said, shocked.

"I've never been."

"Why?" She seemed very taken back.

"Not for me. I mean, we moved around a lot, but in some of the places we lived they didn't have the option of vampire schools. Just depended on how large the city was, so I just got use to being around the humans. Yes, I was always hungry but you get use to that. In the last town where I lived there was a fairly large vampire school, I just didn't want to go is all.

"Did you ever attack anyone? I mean, did that make you go crazy?"

"No, I don't have a very strong thirst. I only drink about once a day actually - and only from a cup. I've never ordered in before."

"You never had delivery of fresh blood?"

"No." She seemed stunned by his answer.

"So you have never tasted blood straight from the neck? You've never had their scent right there in you're face - never listened to their pulse?" Jamie spoke with such passion.

"I was around them all day everyday and I just didn't care much. A lot of vampires think that I must be a bit off as a result of being around the humans, but I'm not crazy."

"I can't relate, but were they friendly towards you, the humans?"

"No not really. What's your name?"

"I'm Jamie Lynn, and you?"

"Oriole - like the song bird. Ironically, I do have a nice singing voice."

Suddenly all conversation stopped when the trio entered the classroom. One carried a football and with a hand towel draped around his neck, he came off rather flashy and haughty. He was the tallest of all three boys and seemed so full of himself as he flashed his fangs. He smiled - pure gold. His fangs were longer and far superior to other vampires his age. His dark brown hair was short and he had eyes of thunder, deep blue like the sea. His body was like a line backer's - large, brawny and strapping. He had an imperial essence about him.

The guy to his left was much simpler. In fact, he was sort of nerdy, with big, reddish-brown hair. He had a very awkward walk, but his handsome face saved him. He didn't seem confident and seemed to depend on the other. He just kept staring at everything the taller boy did and sort of mimicked him. The last was the most hypnotizing boy Oriole had ever seen before in his life. His long, darker blond hair flowed effortlessly down his back as he moved smoothly. He was pretty, with full lips, a boyish grin and trusting forest green eyes. There was something so fresh and innocent about him. He was the only one who looked over at their table and he seemed staggered when he saw Oriole.

The very idea of this new school seemed surreal to Oriole, at the human school most of the students were at once frightened of and astonished by his beauty. He overheard them whispering to each other, debating whether he was really a boy or actually a girl. He frequently found these discussions amusing, as he had often wondered that himself.

He knew he was a man, but he questioned why he was so feline when most vampire men were extremely masculine, in both physique and attitude. He wondered about his sexuality; he knew he noticed men more often then he should. Woman just never really appealed to him, but how could he know for sure when he had never even had sex? This question seemed to haunt him, but there was always something saying, 'you just know these things." There was a part of him that just knew there wasn't a strong attraction to woman. He wondered how this fact would affect him now, now that he was going to school with vampires.

Their culture and ideas about men were very specific - sexuality was very traditional and vampire men were considered Casanovas. They loved women and enjoyed chasing after them. A male vampire's confidence seemed to be directly related to his sexual prowess with women. Vampire men portrayed themselves as tough, strong and durable. They were providers and full of ego, and gayness was considered a trait only found in humans. However, Oriole had heard rumors that it was all a facade really and there was a place for his taste. It was just... enigmatic. Oriole noticed that he was very interested in these three guys, there was this instant pull that took hold of him.

"Those three guys seem rather stately, who are they?" Oriole questioned, intimidated.

"The big one in the middle is Joshua Toby, to his right, Rayon the 4th and the other one is Roland Parsh. People call them 'the trio' because they are always together and they're very similar as far as status. All of them come from prominent blood lines and have more abilities then the average vampire."

"They are gift holders then?"

"Yes, and they are somehow bound to each other. I don't know the logistics to it, but respect them always."

Just then Pear walked in. She was Jamie's best friend and Oriole could not help but notice that Rayon seemed to stare at her. She sat down right next to Oriole and stared at him, smiling.

"So who's the cutie?" Pear asked Jamie, as if he wasn't sitting right there in front of her.

"His name is Oriole. He is new in town and he's never been to school with vamps."

"Really? That's freaky dude."

Oriole noticed that Pear was not only bubbly and outgoing, but rather striking as well. With skin as dark and deliciously creamy as a chocolate bar, and long brown hair caressing her freckle dotted prominent cheek bones. Her hazel eyes were slightly slanted, as if her African-American features were swirled with bits of Asian descent. Her red shirt was cut low and showed off her ample cleavage. Though her breasts were large, they were youthful and sat up well on her frame. Her long legs claimed their space as she crossed them, leaned forward and ran her fingers through Oriole's hair.

"Why did you go to school with humans?" Pear questioned, seeming confused.

"It was suitable for me at the time. Uh, that guy is coming over," Oriole pointed out.

They turned to see Rayon the 4th making his way towards them. He pulled up a seat and spoke quickly, knowing class would start soon.

"Pear, you know you still owe me, right?" Rayon asked, grabbing her arm.

"No, I already paid you and you know this. What do you want?" Pear asked, annoyed.

"You know, if you keep playing games, I'm going to give you a love bite." The sound of that made Oriole tense up. He felt like he was in love. A love bite was very sexual and erotic. It was something that could only be experienced by vampires.

"Well, if you love bite her, she might fall in love with you," Oriole remarked to Rayon.

"No, she wouldn't do that. She's just for fun," Rayon replied "What the hell is that on your hand?" he asked, moving closer to Oriole. No straight vamp would lean in that close and touch his hand, thought Oriole. Not unless he wanted to let him know he was gay without saying it...

"It's just a tattoo. It means brave one," Oriole replied.

"What's your name, dude?" Rayon asked.

"Oriole."

"Well, nice to meet you, my vampire brother. I am Rayon the 4th. Later, ladies." Rayon walked back to his seat. Oriole felt like his heart stopped.

Oriole thought about how strange it was to be in school with just vampires, he had become so use to being around the humans. He was no threat to the humans; A vampire bite did not contain any venom or compound that changed humans. In fact, vampire feeding was a well paying job for many humans, who could trade for blood for cash. Blood could be procured the old fashioned way--which commanded a higher price--or it could be phlebotomized and bottled for later consumption. Most vampires lived with their own kind in most towns and cities, although a few chose to live amongst the humans in human communities. Like humans, most vampires went to school, got jobs, and led meaningful, rich lives.

Oriole's father was in real estate and his mother an airline pilot. They had moved to Virginia Beach because his father loved change - so much that moving around was becoming a common thing. Oriole had no siblings and loved being a spoiled only-child most of the time. Most young vampires did not separate from their parents until age thirty. So living on campus was not an option at vampire colleges, as it was uncommon not to live with one's parents. While humans were legally considered adults at age eighteen, vampires were not of age until twenty-six. However, there were things they still could not do until age thirty, similar to the human distinctions between ages eighteen and twenty-one. Vampire emotions were different from human's - they were harder to control and took longer to mature. Vampires had much more responsibility to handle with their urge for human blood - an urge was stronger and more reckless with younger vampires. Older vampires had much more control. Most vampires that were in prison were younger; ones that somehow lost their way, or didn't have much home training. They were there for crimes committed against humans or other vampires. Young vampire emotions were constantly in struggle and the youth were often referred to as madness-pires, a vampire saying.

It had taken hundreds of years for elder vampires to become refined, yet the vampires born in the new times were expected to accomplish this in thirty years. It was difficult because it went against their very nature, vampires were animalistic. They were highly indulgent and emotionally sporadic creatures, they liked instant gratification. Vampire men felt the need to be the leader of the pack at all times. So vampire men often challenged each other, the elder vampires had much more willpower over these natural urges.

The transition into adult hood was the most critical and challenging part of their life, this stage was closely monitored by most parents. It was especially hard for gift holders, they were juggling much more then the average vampire. Holding gifts caused them internal confliction, other vampires feared that because essentially; one could lose it at any given moment. Young vampires were urged to stay away from relationships because they had enough on their plate to began with. The elders knew that vampire emotions moved very fast, everything was about instant gratification. Vampires could fall in and out of love quickly because they were highly changeable and unstable, especially the younger ones.

Preview of next chapter: As Oriole look's up he notices a boy hiding in the apple tree, the moonlight reveals his face it's........

Authors note: My sister in law thinks it would be hilarious and also eye catching if Oriole wore pink pumps instead of his sandals on the cover. She thinks that will add a funny edge and make the cover more noticeable from a marketing stand point. Also that’s very controversial and she thinks that is a good thing. Send me a comment with your opinion on my comment page, I would like to know what most people think. I think it’s over the top but I see her point.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to post any good comments about my story on my website along with any picture that represents you and link, check out my website shareegreene.com.

This story is actually completed and has 20 chapters, I will post more soon.