It's You, Only For You

01/01

It's hard to imagine him on the stage, he wouldn't be caught dead standing up there a year ago.

But a year is a long time, and he has changed a lot.

Jacob started warming himself up, he was due up there in a moment. He turned back to his team, "Guys, this is it."

One of them grinned up at him, "The big day, we all know. Try your best and we'll be fine."

"Right, just remember that..."

His leader cut him across, "We know! We know what to do, all right? Chill out man."

But he couldn't just chill, back at his mind, there's a nagging thought : What if it happens when I'm up there?

One flustered looking lady came in, "Group 7? You're up next."

The team looked at each other, they were the largest team yet ever to enter the competition so far. The leader smiled, "Let's go."

He steeled himself, there's no time to worry that. Besides, she'll be there.

***

"And now!!! Let's welcome! Group 7 who will be performing the latest song by the outstanding South Korea boy band, Super Junior! I give you, "It's You" by group 7!"

The MC next words were drown out in a chorus of screams and squeals.

The lights started to flash on, first purple, then blue, then a variety of colors. The music started playing.

"Neorago (it's you)" From the corner of his eyes as he twists to the side, he saw Matt gesturing, just like HanKyung in the real MV.

"Dareunsaram pilyo obseo nan keunyang neorago. Dashi hanbon mullo bwado nan keunyang neorago (I dont need anyone else, its only you. When you ask again, its only you)..."

The song blared out from the speaker, a few meters away from him.

"Imi noneun dareun saranghaet kkaetjiman (Even if you already have another love)..."

He stiffened his body as he swung it from side to side mechanically. So far, so good.

Then all of sudden, his thoughts started to drift off.

"Nae nunbit chi deulkowo keu sungane (The moment my eyes began to burn)..."

She was there, looking so cute in that dress. Of course, without her, he would have never pluck up the courage to gather his friends for this.

Dancing was always his passion, it takes him off his mind. He vaguely noticing his surroundings right now, letting the rhythm and the music guiding his body.

A split second before the chorus starts, he started to be aware of his surroundings.

"Ona, keu nuga nuga mworaedo naneun sangwan obdago. Keu nuga nuga yokhaedo nomanbarabun dago (Oh whatever anyone anyone says, it doesnt matter to me. Oh whoever whoever curses me, Ill only look at you)..."

One two three four... One two three four... He mouthed the beat silently as he stepped up lightly while holding his upper body still.

The time for his solo is coming, as he began to take his position. The moment the second part of the chorus was over, the melody began in a whisper. He shaped his finegrs delicately to form a heart.

This is for you, Amelia.

"Oh oh only for you, oh oh only for you. Oh oh only for you, Oh oh only for you.."

He feign a look of hurt as he sagged down to his left side while thrusting up his chest in following the beat.

He clamped a hand to his chest, as if to stop his heart from beating so hard.

The crowd went crazy, and he could see her among them, but no one else seemed to notice her. How could they not? Is she not pretty?

All of them froze still as the second verse came up.

"Amumaldo pilyo obseo nan keunyang neorago (I dont need any words. Its just you)..."

He turned and found her still there, a sigh of relief nearly escaped from him but he have to be careful since he's wearing a microphone.

After a few verse, it's his turn again. He made a sweeping motion side to side as he struggled to pronounce the lyrics properly.

"Chadichan nae ibsul reul dor bureur ne (My lips, cold as can be, are even more blue)..."

There, he had done it.

He looked over there again, but she smiled serenely and vanished into thin air, just like that.

It was then the agonizing truth that had always been in his mind, but never taken notice of, hit him : She doesn't even exists.

It has been in his mind ever since he wanted to dance, she had offer him courage. His parents thought him crazy to talk to nobody at all sometimes.

They objected him dancing, because he had a heart condition. That's another thing he never told his team. One dance, all I want, is one dance. How hard can it be?

They sent him to a psychiatrist, only to find that she was only a hallucination. His family doctor forbids him to do any extreme exercise, especially dancing.

She doesn't exists, that's why no one could see her. She was there when he needed some courage, when he needed someone to have faith in him.

"Just one dance..." She had whispered.

He never believed them, he refused to, he always insisted that she's there.

No no no no... Don't go! Amelia! I promised you I will finish this dance, and I will! He screamed silently in his head.

"Oh oh only for you oh oh only for you..."

His chest thump one more time, before he slides over to one side.

"Nan neorago neorago naneun wae moreuni wae moreuni (For me, its you, its you. Why dont you know, why dont you know?)..."

It's you. He thrust his chest up again, and this time the pain was there. It surged through him, blinding him, yet he gritted his teeth and continue to remain motionless.

His teammate belted the chorus loudly while others danced energetically, determine to win this.

As they sank back into position, Alex whispered to the crowd, "Neorago (it's you)..."

Yes, it's you... Only for you, even if you don't exists, I wanted to say, I love you. He thought as the he fell. Screams of horror erupted around him, but it didn't bother him.

He did what he meant to, he had danced that one dance that he always wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sounds corny, but this song is an inspiration for me. I hope you all like it. It's my first time attempting a story like this and from a guy's point of view.