The Powerpuff Boys

Part V

The flight is wobbly, but quick. The landing is wobbly, but hard. The ground shakes and birds fly away – sensing the trouble brewing.
But the trouble has already started.

“The Powerpuff Boys! Oh, how pretty they are,” Ray says slyly, while his hair is anything but sly. It’s huge – hiding his huge brain.

“What do you want, Ray?” Gerard asks bravely. He’s gotten his strength back, but Frank can see that his sight isn’t all that focused. And it makes him worried.

I want you boys to go down!” Clouds crowd together above them and the sun hides away quickly. The park they landed in goes darker – the bright grass becomes dim, the water goes murky and the flowers somber.
I want to use my Mojo to Jojo you boys out of this town, so I can rule it!” Ray laughs an evil, vicious laugh that resonates through the park – bouncing off the gloomy trees.

“You will never beat us!” Bob bellows out and succeeds in stopping Ray’s laughter.

“I have realized that.” Ray’s voice is still vicious – low and dripping with venom – and as are his eyes. The blood vessels in them are wider and burning. His pupils are huge.
“And that is why I have brought in reinforcement.” His voice is too calm, and Frank can feel fear crawl up his spine – gripping each vertebra tightly – and wrap itself around his neck with the strength of a boa constrictor.
Frank fights hard not to shiver.

Suddenly, out of the dark corners of the park, from between trees and bushes; dark figures emerge and walk closer to Ray.
A lightning breaks free from the dark clouds, and as the crash of thunder resonates, the three Powerpuff Boys see 8 men standing before them.
Ray: their leader.
The five members of the Gangreen Sunday Gang: hunched over and dirty.
Him: striking a sexy pose, biting his lip and staring at Gerard.
And Fuzzy Mikey: dressed in pink and clutching his only friend; his bass called Sushi.

The Powerpuff Boys – all three – tightens their hands into fists and push away their fears.

“Just leave while you can, boys,” Ray yells.
Another lightning erupts from the dark clouds above, and while it blinds everyone, The Powerpuff Boys use it as a cover.
And they attack.

Gerard punches Ray right in the face, and Ray doesn’t even see his attacker until his red and black eyes have, once again, adjusted to the dark.
Frank has gone after Him. While he’s flailing around – punching, kicking and pulling the hair of Him – he also manages to kick Fuzzy Mikey.
Bob has taken it upon him to get the Gangreen Sunday Gang under control, and while they’re skinny and quick, he manages to tie all their shoelaces together in the biggest, baddest knot ever seen. All the boys fumble to get the knot undone, but ten hands only make the mess worse.

Suddenly, a shrill cry echoes through the park and for several seconds it seems to be the only sound that is heard.
Frank – with Him’s head under his arm while he’s got his legs wrapped around Fuzzy Mikey’s neck – looks up to see what‘s happened, just in time to see a bloody Gerard falling onto the dim grass.

“No!” Frank screams before he drops everything in his hands, arms and legs and runs over to Gerard – leaving every other worry behind.
He falls onto his knees and reaches out towards Gerard, but stops himself.
Afraid to do more damage than good, he simply just breaks down crying as he stares at Gerard’s broken face – the split lip, the gaping eyebrow, the bloody nose, the closed eyelids and the slack jaw.
“Gerard,” he whispers, before he’s suddenly pulled up to his feet. He doesn’t see his attacker – both because his eyesight is too blurry, and because said sight is locked on Gerard.

Bob quickly gets Him’s green feather boa wrapped around its owner and ties it tight, before he runs over and jumps onto Ray’s back. Ray lets go of Frank, who simply just falls onto his knees once again.
Bob rips at Ray’s huge hair, and Ray screams and flails his arms around. He tries to slap Bob away – swatting him like a fly – but misses every time.

“Stop! My hair! My brain!”
But his screams suddenly stop and he tumbles to the ground like a ragdoll.
Bob quickly crawls off Ray’s back – thinking that the position is way too gay – and looks down at the dark wisp of hair that’s between his fingers.

“I guess that was his weakness,” he mumbles to himself. He then spots the bit of – what looks to be – brain mass on the straws of hair and gags as he vigorously shakes his hand to get the hair off.

Frank is still on his knees crying.
Bob slowly walks up behind the crying boy and looks down at the broken one.
He turns around in shock, guilt and anguish.

That’s when Bob sees Fuzzy Mikey. Frozen on the spot, his eyes stay glued on the broken boy. He’s still clutching his bass, Sushi, but he doesn’t look to be ready to attack.
So Bob leaves him be.

The park is silent. The dark clouds are still hanging above them and make everything much darker than it seemed to be a few minutes ago. The entire world around the boys and the battle field is dark, heavy and filled with sadness.

“No!” The scream is drowned in tears, but still breaks the silence like a needle would break a balloon.
Bob quickly turns around to see Ray with his creepy, long fingers wrapped around Gerard’s neck. He isn’t squeezing. He’s not cutting off air supply to Gerard. But he is holding – still with that burning look in his eyes and a bald spot on his brain.

Bob shivers.
But Fuzzy Mikey; he doesn’t. He has been staring at Gerard all this time – seeing in that broken boy what he’s seen in himself so many times.
Those eyebrows. They’re just like his.
The ears. The shape is just like his.
The eyes. The look in them as they peer open and look around is just too similar to his own to deny.

“Get offa my brother!” Fuzzy Mikey screams and runs towards Ray at full force. He raises his bass high and doesn’t lower it until he is close to Ray.
And then he lowers it fast!
The sound of the hard wood against Ray’s fluffy hair and soft brain makes a gut-wrenching sound, and Bob has to cover his mouth to keep his dinner down – ‘cause that’s the last time they had time to eat!

When Ray is on the ground – jerking a limp every now and then – everyone’s eyes fall on Fuzzy Mikey and his still-intact bass.
Gerard is the only one who doesn’t look confused.
Why?
Because he sees it too; the similarities between himself and this…pink boy.
Not just the features, but also the movements. The behavior. The way his mouth moves as he speaks.

“Are you okay?” Fuzzy Mikey asks, and Gerard slowly nods, before he gives in to his own will and smiles up at the boy who he once saw as a foe.

“Oh, Gerard!” Frank cries and wraps his arms around the broken boy who’s still lying on the grass.
The grass, which is slowly growing brighter and brighter as the sun carefully reveals itself from where it’s been hiding behind the clouds.
Wimpy sun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda planned on going to bed an hour ago... =S
But instead; you got an update - the battle scene!! Weee!
Night! =D