Status: completed. thank you all, so much. 10.5.09 - 6.22.11

Homecoming

twenty-fourth

“Don’t you think we should be at the dance that you planned?” I ask Connor while scratching like crazy at the itchy fabric of the black and white striped fake suit of my costume.

My head snaps up at the sound of Connor’s bathroom door swooshing open and him jumping out in the most heroic stance he can muster without teetering and falling over in the process. I break out into a laugh at Batman, I mean Connor.

“Do not disrespect the Batman!” he says, but the tightness of the latex of the costume squeaks and I fall over onto his bed laughing.

It feels like any other Saturday night. Well, excluding the Connor as Batman thing, that’s kind of odd. But I feel closer to him now than ever. I feel like we’re close, but not too close, not so close that it’s awkward. Because now, every time I think of Connor and relationship in the same thought, it freaks me out.

I sit back up, trying to recover with a wide smirk, “I should’ve been robin.”

He steps closer to me, “Exactly. We all know that they had a secret relationship.” The rolling of his eyes and swift turn to continue his superhero-posing makes the statement nothing out of the ordinary. Before, it was all about how we took those kind of statements, not sure if they were intentionally sexual or not. Now, I don’t have to and it’s like a sigh of relief.
I chuckle and agree, “Who’d they think they were fooling?”

He nods in his mask, “But it’s itchy and this latex is seriously all up in my ass, it’s gross,” he scowls before walking back into the bathroom. Lying back on his bed, I hold my phone above me to read as I read and sent text messages to refrain from touching the tons of white makeup on my face. Most of them were from people asking why I hadn’t gotten to the Halloween dance. The reason is because Connor is being a girl and still can’t decide on his costume.

“Alex told me to be batman,” I tell him as he has another costume change.

“No talks of said lost love in thy…room!” He jumps out from behind a swung open bathroom door once again, but with this jump, he stumbles into the dresser before making a quick recovery. The statement is fitting with his latest costume.

“And so Connor speaks, and so it shall be done,” I improvise while rolling my eyes.
As far as I know, Alex’s balls are still intact. Connor didn’t even go to his house because his mom called and left him a message saying that if he missed another of her calls then she’d report him as a runaway and have the police pick him up. He also had to call his father, and his brother and then me.

His father, to listen as he awkward stumbled out an apology and an acceptance of him though really, Connor practically took back his statement in confusion. His brother to discuss all that’d happened over the last few years and oh, that whole coming out thing too, which he told him he wasn’t sure about either. I’m not sure if it was a good idea, but I think that it was the truth because I sincerely don’t think that Connor is gay- well not all the way, at least. He’s still a little confused, but he tells me all that he does know.

The calling me thing, I understood. I knew he was overwhelmed and so was as I as I let words spill from my mouth without second thought. I had to think about all of it myself before I even talked to him again. It wasn’t weird because we finally knew how we felt and could agree on it.

“It’s Prince Charming, thank you,” he smirks.

“Sorry, I didn’t notice by the lack of charm you had while jumping out of that bathroom.”

“Haha,” he drily chuckles, “I like this one.”

I nod, because it does look good although he is black-haired and not blonde. His posture makes it, he’ll be in character all night I’m sure- if we even make it on time.

“And you…you um…look attractive,” he says this with many pauses to accentuate his sarcasm. My mouth curls up into a grin as I lean up, pulling a bit at the green wig on top of a bald cap.

“Beetlejuice,” he nods.

“This makeup is not going to last all night, so hurry up,” I stand to finally leave. Connor suddenly wraps his arm around my neck, grinning while walking downstairs with me.

It’s better this way- with us knowing where we stand, with us putting all of this off. It’s not that I don’t love him, it just that I like being able to breathe in and breathe out without feeling awkward.
He tosses me his keys as we walking into the chilling October night air. Kids have already started wandering the streets in masks to ask for candy.

“Onward!” He calls, nearly skipping to the passenger side of his truck.

I smile wide enough for the makeup to crack at the corners of my mouth, not being able to keep them in tonight because it’s the best I’ve felt in a while.

X

It’s crazy how efficient Connor is, even while under the pressure of going back to being us over the course of a week- because this is seriously beautiful. I don’t even know how he balanced the budget to rent out the Hyatt ballroom. And actually decorate it and hire a DJ and still…still be so out of it.

To get in there was a short haunted hall where the drama kids who didn’t really attend dances played zombies. It’s only light sources wasn’t constant since it was like a rave light and I think the kids enjoyed jumping out of the shadows to scare just a little too much. The ballroom was dark, the lights dimmed with red tints. Certain ones flashed white. The floor was littered with red, black, and orange glitter. It’d already attacked every kid who entered, now that probably wasn’t the best idea because I know I won’t be able to get rid of the stuff for weeks. But anyways, there was a candy bar, which was a bit childish but it was Halloween and a high stage for the DJ who played the perfect music. There was a balcony with couches lining the walls but it was closed off. Just too private, they thought, I suppose.

Connor rushes away immediately and I weaved through the crowd, trying to find Ginger. I spot her undercover as a gypsy.

I start to open my mouth to greet her but Prince Charming’s voice echoes around the room, “Good evening boys and ghouls! Ha, that was really lame so uh…yeah, never mind that. Welcome! Party! Enjoy! Don’t leave because you can’t get back in.” He raises an eyebrow, questioning himself silent and shrugs, handing the microphone back to the DJ. Ginger taps me and I look to her from the outspoken best friend.

“Well don’t you look…you know what, I’m going to leave all the bad Halloween jokes to Connor, tonight,” she smiles at me.

The night passes like Homecoming. It’s dark, and fast, and exciting. Everyone makes the most of it because, well, there will definitely not be an after-party at my place. Though, we are in a hotel, I’m sure at least a few have intentions of their own after-parties.

I feel a hand slipping into mines and tugging fast. I spill my drink trying to keep up with the shadowed figure I can guess is none other than my best friend. He takes a bit of time to duck under the chain to block off the upper balcony, but I just step over it, laughing. “What are you doing, Connor?” He looks over his shoulder and first holds a finger to his mouth in the ‘shh’ way before whispering, “And it’s Prince Charming, thank you.”

“Sorry, again, it was the lack of charm,” I’m rolling my eyes at the darkened top of steps before be suddenly pulls me into a big hug. “I want to first say in advance that I am sorry. And that I love you, second.”

I furrow my eye brows, reluctantly returning the hugs, “What? Did something happen?”
“Kind of,” he nods before pulling out his phone from the bottom of his faux sword holder and hands it to me. A gesture I know all too well by now and a frown suddenly forms on my face.
“But I thought that they had said that this would be the last one, the throwing a dance one,” I say before going to his inbox.

You know what. I’m really going to miss fucking with you, connor. Really. It’s made me see you in a whole new light, not a better one, really. Just different. So I regret to inform you that I lied a little bit. This is actually youre last dare. And before you bitch and respond needlessly lemme just say you might as well do this last one because I mean- look how far you’ve come. Wouldn’t want to have all this hiding go down the drain.

I click the next message because she’s really drawing this out, but first glace up at Connor. He’s tugging his lip with his teeth and rereading the text with me…upside down.

Last dare: they say they blocked off the balcony so nothing questionable would go down. Youll prove that this was maybe a good idea. But if you go about it right, they wont figure it out. Remember this. Its dark, no ones looking at the forbidden part of the dance. So no one will even see. No one will see you giving nate a blowjob. Not even me. But I will still know! So don’t even try to get out of it! And just in case you really do it, connor- its been interesting, bonsoir.
“I-I think that we should just get it over with.

I’m surprised as I close the phone slowly, hearing this almost rational Connor. I say almost rational because this is harassment, I don’t think rationality is needed in this situation and I wonder if he’s already punched a wall or something. So we’re back to being real friends again, this doesn’t stop him from being one temperamental boy.

“You’re calm.”

“I’m glad you noticed,” he nods with a straight face, void of emotion.

We pause, “How am I supposed do this seriously when you look like that?”

I laugh, “I’m just wondering how exactly she’ll know if we went through with it.”

He shrugs, “It seems they have a way with figuring things out.”

I try not to talk too much after this though because I don’t want him to feel any weirder than I’m sure he feels already. He nods, as if confirming it with himself and takes my wrist to lead me to one of those couches. As I sit, I look over his shoulder and out at the darkness, I don’t think the kids can see us from down there. I hope they can’t see us from down there.

I hear a few small whispers of, “It’s okay, it’s okay, it’s okay.”

“Whose nerves was that geared at to ease?” I ask, whisper, with an uneasy smile.

“Mines,” he smirks, “You don’t even have to do any work.”

I’d kind of thought that it’d feel like slow motion. The unbuttoning of the pants, the sliding down of underwear, and all, but it didn’t. It just felt like we were supposed to be doing this. I guess because it was the last dare and maybe all this weirdness was realizing it could go away now, but as Connor took my cock in his hands, I just didn’t feel bad. And I don’t mean this like how I didn’t feel bad when we did that dare in the stall before lunch a while ago, but I didn’t feel bad as in…I didn’t think Connor felt bad.

But this could just be me in ecstasy talking because now that I stop thinking about all that, holy shit, it’s hard to believe Connor has never done this before. My eyes widen abruptly before they close and my mouth slowly starts to part as Connor works his mouth down my cock slowly. I’m trying my best to keep my hips from bucking and freaking him out.

It’s painfully slow at first but the gradual speed and pressure he builds makes me feel like it was worth it. I’d smirk if I only I didn’t think that it’d be terrible because I can tell Connor is putting a lot of calculating-like thought into it. His eyes flash up at me through dark eyelashes and it almost seems me over the edge and I can feel it starting in my stomach as my head falls back and I grip the velvet couch because I don’t want to mess up his hair by twisting my hand in it.

“And now! The winner of the costume contest is….”

I block out the announcer because I know they can’t see us. Who the fuck cares about a costume contest when Connor is blowing me, who the fuck cares about anything?
“Connor Taylor as Prince Charming!” And the unthinkable happens.
The spotlights on the main stage, they flash up to the balcony. They flash up, so bright that I can see the light through my eye lids, so bright I have to shield my closed eyes. There is a collective gasp and maybe a scream thrown in there somewhere.

After I get over the light, I look down to Connor, whose mouth is frozen. I imagine he’s at least trying to thing. Before he pulls back fast and leaps away from me as if I have the plague. And his back is against the balcony railing yet he hasn’t looked back yet. The announcer is yelling something and the spotlight falters a bit, turns, waves back and forth, before finally shutting off. In my mind it’s silent. I grab the pants at my ankles, pull them up, but don’t look away from Connor. He’s paled a few shades, but that’s not the most unnerving part. I hear footsteps rushing up the stairs we came up from but Connor doesn’t look to those either. Connor is shaking, severely, as if on the verge of freezing to death. It seems as if he’s gagging as he keeps hunching over on the floor and rocking back up. His eyes are frozen on an unimportant part of wall and he doesn’t even look at me when I grab his face, trying to snap him out of it.

His eyes roll back and he stops shaking as he falls into me, unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
so tired. almost 2500 words. i just wanted to keep my daily streak up.
248