Status: completed. thank you all, so much. 10.5.09 - 6.22.11

Homecoming

ninth

Robert’s house is forty five minutes away.

“But how could she just assume that!”

“You, uh- had a hickey on your neck…”

“Well, duh, Nate, but Kailie- Kailie’s not usually like that! She’s all understanding and caring and… oh my god, Nate, how could I do something so stupid!?”

“It’s not like you wanted to.”

“But I can’t tell her that.”

“…”

I know, I know, I’m acting like a girl.

“But- But- I loved her, Nate.”

I hear the start of a chuckle and glare at the windshield, even though he can’t see me
though the phone and I’m a half hour away.

“No, you did-“

I start talking over him before he can finish, “Yea-huh! Do you know how long we were together!? A month and a week! A month and a week of love, Nate, love. No sex. At all, not even blow job, not even hand job! Speaking of that, can you even believe that? I haven’t
fucked in-"

I pause.

He coughs.

We pause.

“So…how’s the drive?”

I swallow what feels like pre-upchuck.

“Good, I guess, still far.”

“Yeah…yeah…cool.”

“So, uh…I think I’m gonna focus on driving and call you later…” I awkwardly say.
Nate sighs, “Yeah, sure, Connor. Bye.”

I mutter a goodbye before hanging up. Five minutes later, bored, I dial another number. Mystery Sender’s number.

No surprise when they don’t answer, it doesn’t even go to voicemail.

I get a text seconds later: ‘what.’ I can’t really text while driving, so wait until the next light, where I quickly type ‘uh…nothing. whats up?

I start feeling antsy while driving. I don’t know what I’m really trying to get out of talking to mystery sender. Maybe I can find out who they are though, or maybe I can convince them to stop this.

‘*eye roll* what do you want connor? you don’t just make small talk with the person whos blackmailing you.’

They have a point…

‘well…I don’t know... I just think tha‘ before I can finish typing a reply, I get another text message, ‘don’t try to convince me to do something stupid like stop sending you dares. its too much fun.’ Mystery Sender has a way of making me feel stupid.

I just cant even fathom why youre really doing this. are you some old psycho girlfriend or what

just for some entertainment. never. besides you cheated on your last gf. btw, hows that jaw?

I try to text with one hand, ‘you made me do that! I loved her… now she hates me.

I glare at the phone for a moment. My jaw is fine. She didn’t really punch me that hard; it was more the surprise that got me. She’s so small and sweet…and cute and adorable…

oh no no. I made nate give you a hickey. I didn’t make him sleep with you on the night of homecoming.

Just the mention of that night puts me on edge. ‘I didn’t want to do that! I was drunk and probably high out my mind! I didn’t know what to do! you’ve never been just drunk?? you’ve never made a fucking mistake you asshole!?’ A horn honks and I jump, looking up and dropping my phone. I don't even pick it back up until I'm in front of my father's house.

oh don’t start with the curses and insults connor

or what you fucking sick bitch!?

are you stupid? my god youre just begging for another dare: Monday. dress in full drag, makeup, hair, heels, all that jazz and come to school. give Alex a proper apology at lunch. or you know what

No. No, no, no, no. No. They can’t do this! They just can’t randomly pop up and break me down and rip my life to pieces like this! But they can.

youre such a fucking lunatic! are you happy ruining my life??!!!!!

and heres another, mr. class president: plan a halloween dance. not a cheap one, in the school caf. I want it at a hall or something. fancy with a balcony and vip’ Now that just makes no sense. Why would they want a Halloween dance?

what? why!? what are you getting out of this!? the school probably cant even afford that.

yeah, they probably can. we hardly ever have dances. plan that and I swear after it, youll have no more dares.

OKAY.’ I immediately reply. Reply before I realize that they mean after the dance, meaning they’ll still have twenty two days to torture me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate writing text message convos...next chapter in about ten minutes...