Status: heartbeat.

Only from a distance.

Chapter Twenty-Three.

[Dominic's POV]

Chapter Twenty-Three -

Dominic.

Fourteen days. It has been two weeks since Mariah and Brookelle first spoke. Seven days since they started to speak friendly. Brookelle had apologized, and told me that the two of them are friends. I wonder if I should warn Mariah or if I should just let it fall together.

On my way to chemistry I saw Mariah and Brookelle walking across the school's lawn together. I raced across the grass to catch up with them.
"Hey!" I greeted.
They were both laughing when they turned around to look at me.
"Hey," The girls both said in unison.
Mariah laughed.
"So, uhmm. Can I walk you ladies to class?"
Brookelle giggled and nodded.
"Well, yes you may," Mariah spoke in her polite voice.
I smiled and put my arm around Brookelle's shoulders as we all walked to our classes.
"Are you guys like friends now?" I asked.
Brookelle and Mariah both looked at one another and laughed together again.
"What did I tell you?" Brookelle said in a excited tone.
"Wow!" Mariah replied.
I just stopped walking. They both continued on walking to their classes. I sauntered to chemitsry with my shoulders slumped over.

"Five minus X equals 12. Five minus? Add five?" A knock interrupted my thoughts during my algebra homework.
I got up from my bed and opened my bedroom door. A beautiful girl with dark hair and gold eyes was looking at me. I was staring back into Mariah's eyes.
"Dominic, sounds like your having trouble with math?" She smiled and walked herself into my room and laid herself on the bed.
I scoffed and smiled then sat beside her on my bed.
"Well, yes you can come into my room," I remarked.
"Oops. That was very inpolite of me. I apologize," She responded.
I nodded.
"So, what are you doing here?" I asked.
She held herself up on her elbows while laying down.
Her eyes met mine and she questioned, "I can't enjoy my time with a friend?"
"Well, when you put it that way - " I joked.
She laughed and I hurriedly took my books off of my bed and laid on the side of her.
"Where's Brookelle?" She asked.
I sat back up and looked at her. She did the same.
"Mariah, I think we need to talk."
She tilted her head slightly and repeated, "Talk."
"About Brookelle."
She nodded and spoke, "I'm listening."
♠ ♠ ♠
- These are written alongside journal entries.
- The journal entries are in intalics.
- Comments are love, my dear. (: