Status: heartbeat.

Only from a distance.

Chapter Twenty-Four.

[Mariah's POV]

Chapter Twenty-Four -

Mariah.

Frightened? No. Worried? Of course. Dominic's voice was calm as he spoke. He was simply speaking of the tale of Brookelle.

"About Brookelle."
I nodded and spoke, "I'm listening."
"She's - Well, how should I start?" Dominic questioned himself, I'm sure.
I blinked once and looked down at my hands that were laying in my lap.
He sighed and started again.
"Years ago, forever ago. Brookelle and I were insperable as in we were together as boyfriend and girlfriend."
"Aren't you guys dating now?" I stopped him.
He shook his head.
"Anyways," He spoke slowly. "We were that couple that everyone adored. Couple of the year, as you may say. She was flattering and gorgeous while I was the same, as they say apparently. And, she's a backstabber."
He paused and I thought it was my turn to talk.
"How so?" I asked.
"She's manipulative. She's done many horrid things," He answered.
I looked away and sighed with aggravation.
"Dominic, that doesn't help me."
He looked stunned by my irritation.
"Sorry," We both said while locking eyes.
He shyly looked down and started again.
"Her mom died at childbirth. Her father was always trying to find the perfect mother role for Brookelle. Otherwise, he always chose the wrong girls, and Brookelle never made it any easier. Brookelle tricked her father and her step-mother to divorce. She's taken her friends's boyfriends. Also, she would treat people horribly just for the hell of it. As in making fun of them, cheating, humilation. She got off on that. It was her drug. She, uhmm, she's also been around, and around. Brookelle - " He stopped and looked into my eyes again.
"Brookelle cheated on me. Cheated on me so many times. And, then I learned that she never really liked me, I believe," He said. His voice was cracking and his eyes were filled with fury.
"She seems just like any ordinary popular wannabe. Paris Hilton of some type. A more gorgeous version of Mean Girls," I commented.
He sighed again.
"Dominic, do you not want me to be friends with her?" I asked while putting my hands on his hands. I was trying to comfort him, and I was clueless of whether or not it was working.
He shook his head.
"I want you guys to be friends, I just don't want her to hurt you like she hurt me."
"I," I remarked. "I can do that. However, I have one question."
"Yeah?"
"What happened to her? Where did she go, where is she coming from?"
He licked his lips before answering.
"Her father exiled her, and made her move with her grandparents. She - she got a close friend hooked onto drugs. Her friend died. And, Brookelle was having an alcoholic problem, and she was hurting herself. Cutting. Her grandparents were supposed to help her."
"How'd her friend get hooked?"
"She would manipulate him, trick him," He said.
I nodded.
"I understand, Dominic."
♠ ♠ ♠
- These are written alongside journal entries.
- The journal entries are in intalics.
- Comments are love, my dear. (: