Status: heartbeat.

Only from a distance.

Chapter Twenty-Eight.

[Mariah's POV]

Chapter Twenty-Eight -

Mariah.

"What's in a cigarette?" I asked sheepishly.
Brookelle pulled the cigarette away from her lips, and she smiled.
"Death."
My brows furied together and she started to explain.
"There are good people and bad people in the world. Good people do good. Bad people do bad. And, when they do bad sometimes the badness or whatever becomes addictive. Others smoke, and drink, and do drugs for fun or just for the hell of it. I do it for other reasons. Not for death, though. However, feeling."
"Feeling? The feeling of death?" I questioned. I felt like a child with a million questions. I felt like I was that annoying little five year old that everyone would play hide-and-seek with, meanwhile seeking to run away.
Brookelle took another inhale.
"When I put this cigarette to my lips I have power of the pain and suffering that is entering my lungs. I breathe in the cigarette smoke and it burns my throat. That's pain. I feel something. And pain is the easiest feeling."
Without thinking, I grabbed the cigarette from her and smoked the life out of me.
"Wow, you didn't even cough. Sure you never smoked?"
"Definite."
Brookelle smiled.
Everyone should be open-minded. Try new things. However, I do the difference between good and bad. I found my escape. Something new. Dangerous.

"Ay, sexy bitches," Brookelle said as we walked into Dominic's bedroom. Dominic and Brian were on the floor beside the window. We couldn't see what they were doing.
"What are you guys doing?" I was curious.
"Nothing," They both said too quickly. They moved something and turned to us.
Brookelle jumped on Dominic's bed.
"Porn," She remarked.
I smirked.
"Nu uh," Brian said.
"Hell no."
I laughed and replied, "Such bad liars."
Dominic smirked and laid on the bed next to Brookelle.
Brian walked up to me and pulled me into a kiss.
"Oh, woah," I said.
He smiled.
"I wasn't expecting that." I nervously laughed.
"We should do something fun," Brookelle said.
"You're always up to something," Dominic spat.
"A party, a huge party," I suggested.
"With shitloads of people," Brookelle agreed.
"Where at?" Brian asked.
"Well, Mariah's got thi - "
"Your place," I said.
Brian smiled. "Alright, my parents are out this weekend."
"Perfect." I kissed him again.
He looked schocked this time, but he kissed me back.
"Hm, music?" Brookelle asked.
"Rock, hip hop," Dominic started.
"Good, we should make a few mix cds." I am pretty brillaint.
"Smart idea," Brian said.
Dominic reached for a notebook and pulled out a sheet of paper. Then, we all sat on the bed together.
We began planning.

I'm that girl. I'm the one. I'm the girl on the waves. I'm not afraid anymore. Breaking free, that's me. My escape.
♠ ♠ ♠
- Journal entries are in intalics.
Sorry, this was sorta just a filler.