Status: heartbeat.

Only from a distance.

Chapter Five.

[Dominic's POV]

Chapter Five -

Dominic.

I did not see her face most of the day. Howevever, when I was walking my way to my farm, I saw her. At first, she looked worried and frantic. When I was walking in her direction I started to get nervous. Butterflies stirred around in my stomach. I nearly vomitted by nervousness. My eyes saw hers, but she looked down before our eyes could lock together. Her bangs fell upon her face. The still setting sun was gleaming on her face. Her face was glorious and glowing.
I continued to go home.


"Mother," I called out. "I'm home."
"Already?" She was standing infront of the sink with a rag in her hand. She turned around to smile at me.
I nodded and went to hug her. When we hugged, I breathed in her scent. She always smelled like a bakery, but with a mixture or daffodils, too. She must have been in the garden earlier. We broke apart.
"Mmm," I said, "You smell wonderful, mother."
She sweetly smiled. She then spoke and apologized about yesterday.
"Honey, I'm sorry about yesterday, at the park. I just want you to stay focused on school and your father and I have the money issue handled with. Son, we can harvest and make our pay. You, you just need to be a kid for once. Maybe more play than work."
I chuckled.
"Don't tell your Dad I told you that," She remarked and we both laughed together.
I nodded and started up the stairs to my room.
The second I shut the door, she ran through my mind. I wish I had the courage to meet her. Maybe we could be very good friends. Perhaps, we could even be more.
♠ ♠ ♠
- The intalics are the journal entries.
- These are written in journal entries.
- Comments are love.