Make Believe

A Girl on a Pirate Ship

When the velvet bag was pulled off my head I found myself somewhere completely different from where I was last.

I was on a ship, surrounded by men.

"Yep, this is the one I saw talking to the Prince," said the tall, thin man with dirty brown hair. He scratched his head and squinted his eyes at me, looking confused, "But I don't get it. She doesn't look like a princess or anything like that."

Oh well excuse me.

"Let's see what the captain has to say." A fitter man standing next to him said, turning around and running out of my view.

Finally, my eyes settled in the light. I was on a medium sized ship, surrounded by only 5 men and none of them were too old. They all must have been in their teens and twenties. When I actually started looking at them face to face I noticed that there was actually a kid that looked about 6 huddled between two of the others.

"Where am I?" I asked sternly. I don't care if these guys kidnapped me or whatever, I want answers.

"Well look at little miss attitude over here." One of them whispered loudly to the man next to him.

"Well, I'm sorry but you did just grab me while I was walking not bothering anyone. I deserve some answers." I crossed my arms and stood up from where I was sitting.

"Why, you're on the Pirate ship Tortuga of course!" The youngest boy said with a large smile on his face as he brushed his long dirty blond hair out of his face.

"Hey mate, she doesn't look that scared..." The man with red hair mumbled to the tall, skinny one.

"I have no reason to be scared." I said bravely, soon regretting my words. It only hit me then that they said they were pirates. In all the books about pirates I read at school, they're known to rape, pillage and kill but to tell you the truth these pirates didn't look that frightening. None of them were misshapen or evil looking. They all had either a small smirk or a smile on their face and there were dressed pretty well for what I think pirates would wear.

Suddenly, the sound of a door slamming rung around the men, causing all their whispers to fall silent.

"What do you have for me this time men?" Said a younger sounding voice from behind the crowd. They all suffled to the side as if to present me and just as they moved, their shade I was using moved too. The sun suddenly gleamed in my eyes and I could see nothing.

"Well sir, we thought she was a princess that was trying to charm the prince but she doesn't look much like one, now does she. She's wearing boys clothes." one of the men said.

"Oh well, that's rude of you to say." I covered my eyes as to see who this horribly evil pirate captain was but as my vision started to get better, I didn't see what I expected.

Strapping, handsome, with longer flowing blond hair and the most beautiful green eyes a person could ask for.

This was their captain? Tell you the truth, he didn't look a day older then me!

"I apologize for their manners." He said letting out a small laugh, "But you can't expect much from Pirates. Let alone Roger." He placed his hand on the tall, skinny mans shoulder. "Please excuse me, I'm Captain Archer. At your service." He said with a small smirk on his face.

Well, at least someone around here had some form of manners.

His eyes were stuck on me, though. He looked at me as if he'd seen me hundreds of times before. And then he flat out said it. "You're real."

His eyes grew wide.

"Excuse me?" I said, placing my hand on my hip and brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"You're from the real world. From earth. Not from here. How much more clear would you like me to make it? Would you like me to spell it out for you?" So much for Mr. Manners. Though, I couldn't deny, his thick british accent was intoxicating.

"Wait, how do you know about the real world?" I asked.

He looked around at his crew who were listening intently. "That's not important right now. All I'm wondering about is how did you get here and why are you here?" His face became more serious as he said this.

"I didn't ask to come here. I just kind of did."
"And why are you here?" He asked.
"Don't ask me, ask them!" I said, pointing to the men around me.

Roger cleared his throat and tried to make the most innocent face he probably could.

"We were thinking, maybe, if we had something that Charles and the king wanted then he'd take us more seriously. Ya know, keep her as-"

"You know we don't take hostages of any kind. We don't endanger anyone except for ourself and those against our cause." The captain said bluntly. Roger became quiet as he stepped back in shame. The captain redirected his attention to me.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'll have my men bring you back to where you came from at once-"
"Wait!" I said cutting him off.

Maybe this was my chance, and hell, if it wasn't, I would probably be screwed.

"Is there anything else I could help you with Miss..." He trailed off.
"Gale. Just call me Gale."
"Ah, yes. Gale."
"Could you guys possibly give me a ride to this wizard. I think is name is Hawk-"

"No." He said and then turned his back, walking back towards where he came from.

Okay, I take back anything I said earlier about him having manners. He probably has less then the rest of the men.

"Please! Come on-" I said as I walked quickly behind him.
"No. The only people that are aloud to 'get rides' on this ship are the crew. We'll take you back to where you came and that's it."

I stopped in my tracks. I seriously had to think of something. I didn't want to have to go back and find someone else to take me. I was already in a ship. I don't see why they can't just give me a ride. I needed a plan, fast.

And that's when it hit me.

"I'll join the crew!" I blurted out without thinking but stood my ground strongly.

"What!?" all the men cried in unison before breaking out into laughter.

"A girl. On a pirate ship! You've got to be kidding me!" Someone yelled loudly before letting out a belting laugh.

"Gale, you don't really want that." Archer said quietly, making it so only I could hear him.

"Well, old on a second Arch. We could use a little female charm to help us out with our work." The red haired man said in the most seriousness he could conjure up after laughing so hard.

"Richard-"
"Come on, think about it. She'll distract the guards while we do what we do best."

Archer looked deep in thought for a short moment and then a small, cunning smile crossed his face.

"That isn't a half bad idea..." He mumbled before turning around to face me again. "Gale, I have a proposition for you.

"Shoot." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We'll take you to... wherever you want to go if you'll help us with some business before hand." His smile grew.

"Depends on the business..."
"Well you'll just have to wait and find out, now won't you love?" His smug smile grew on his face.

He sighed, brushing the few strands of blond hair out of his eyes, "So do we have a deal?" He outstretched his hand, his eyes focused only on me. The crew had hopeful looks on their faces. I'm guessing they haven't had much female company in a while.

"Deal." I said as I shook his hand. He pulled his hand away from mine and smiled.

"Grand. Tomorrow, we've got a job to do and Gale here is going to help us. Sound good boys?" He said and the whole crew gave a roar.

"Now that she's a part of the crew, why don't you introduce yourselves boys? Like gentlemen." Roger said with a great big smile on his face.

"Well, I'm Richard." The red haired man said, his face turning bright red as he talked.

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" The little blond boy jumped up and down. "Pick me! Pick me!" He yelled with a smile on his face.

"This one's Mark and I'm James." said a black haired man that looked only a little older the Archer.

Another younger brown haired man cleared his voice, "I'm Peter." He said in a sheepish voice before smiling shyly to me.

"You're not fun, big brother." Mark crossed his arms and stuck out his tounge towards James. The crew let out a few hushed laughs.

"And that's everyone!" Archer said, smiling widely.

"Wow, for pirates, you guys have a really small ass crew." I said, letting out a small giggle.

"We may be small in numbers but we're strong in heart." Richard said, winking towards me.

"Alright everyone. Back to work. We need to make port somewhere before sundown." Archer said, once again flipping the stray hairs out of his face.

Everyone seemed to forget I was there and go back to their duties.. Archer walked over to me and place his hand on my shoulder. He was only about 6 inches taller then me.

"So, where'll I be sleeping?" I said jokingly, letting out a small laugh.

"With the men, down below." He said in all seriousness before he removed his hand and began walking away. "Oh and sorry if they snore a little loud. Remember, you asked for this." His voice even sounded as smug as he was beginning to come off as.

Sure, he had the looks and the charm but he sure as hell did not have the personality.

Archer was an asshole.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm going to be adding in all the pictures of the Characters now that I have sort of introduced a good amount of them.

Hope you liked this chapter. Update of TAOBT soon!

It's pretty awesome but I still need to tweak it.

xxkitkat