Seven Days

Replacement

"Hey guys?" Kennedy and John looked up from their card game to see Garrett standing in the doorway to the bunks, wrapped up in a blanket and a slight pout adorning his face. Kennedy chuckled slightly and patted the seat next to him, beckoning Garrett over.

"What's wrong, Garbear?" John asked as Garrett shuffled over to the couch, sniffling slightly. Garrett flopped down onto the seat to Kennedy, pulling his blanket around himself tighter and leaning his head on Kennedy's shoulder.

"I'm a broken man." Garrett whispered into Kennedy's ear, the tone in his voice clearly telling him Garrett was trying not to burst into laughter. He rolled his eyes as Garrett buried his face in his shoulder, and turned to John in confusion, but only received a grin and shrugged shoulders in response.

"Uh, Garrett? What the hell are you talking about?" he asked, officially confused. He tugged on Garrett's blanket to get a response out of him other than strange word combinations, but he only groaned and moved away.

"Kenny, I'm sick!" he cried out. "How am I always getting sick?!"

"Do you eat your vegetables?" John joked. Garrett nodded his head childishly in return. "Take your vitamins?" Once again, he nodded enthusiastically. John put his chin in his palm, clearly trying to come up with something else clever to say.

"Where are you going with this?"

"Garrett's broken." John concluded finally. Garrett sighed heavily, which then caused him to sneeze himself off the couch. "And it looks worse than last time, we may need a temporary replacement so he can recover."

"No!" Garrett shot up off the floor and began to protest, but soon grabbed his head in agony and fell back onto the couch. "Okay, maybe. I feel awful." he sighed, partially admitting defeat. Kennedy felt bad for him; he knew Garrett loved performing, and being able to make kids smile.

"You can pick your replacement." Kennedy offered, hoping it'd make his friend feel at least a little better about having to take time to recover. Garrett sat in silence for a while, making Kennedy and John slightly nervous. Finally, a grin began to spread across his face, relieving Kennedy immensely.

"I've got an idea. Can I borrow your laptop real quick Kenny?" Kennedy nodded and handed Garrett his computer, glad Garrett could replace himself so quickly without complaint. Garrett tapped furiously on the keys, while Kennedy and John could only sit in silence and wonder what their friend was thinking.

"So..." John broke the silence after a while. "Who's the new guy on tour?"

"Not guy, girl." Garrett corrected as he turned the computer to face the other two. They looked to see Twitter up on the page, and a conversation between their friends and another bassist.

garrettmaine @AndreaSMM your spring break is coming up, right?
AndreaSMM @garrettmaine yes it is!
garrettmaine @AndreaSMM are you up for playing a little music?
AndreaSMM @garrettmaine I thought you guys were already on tour haha
garrettmaine @AndreaSMM I'm temporarily invalid :P so what do you say?

"Temporarily invalid? Garrett, you're such a loser." John scoffed, rolling his eyes, but a grin still placed itself on his face.

"Shut up, I found us a bassist." Garrett hit a button on the computer, then pointed at the screen. "See?"

AndreaSMM @garrettmaine I'd love to! :D

"She's fine by me. Kennedy, what do you think?" John asked, but Kennedy was too amazed by the photo of this girl, Andrea, that Garrett had just clicked on. John nudged his shoulder a bit to get his attention, and he nearly jumped out of his skin.

"What? Oh, yeah. Is she any good?" Kennedy replied quickly, trying to give a logical excuse as to why he spaced.

"Good? You're hilarious, Kenny." Garrett laughed, followed by a few loud coughs, and typed up a new url. This led to what Kennedy assumed was her band's myspace, and he couldn't help but get distracted by the photo of her on the banner while Garrett played one of the songs. The opening part was a bass riff, and it was amazing.

"My vote's a yes." Kennedy said, unable to come up with anything else. He hoped she didn't have this affect on him in person, but since when does hoping ever accomplish anything?
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's not my best, but i'm not good with opening chapters haha. introductions = bad Sarah writing. I got the idea of this from a dream I had about Martin Johnson, and I don't know a lot about him soo... surprise, Andrea!!

anyone wanna create a band name from that acronym? if not, that's cool too, but mine was really lame soo... offer's on the table haha

upon finishing this chapter, I found out BLG had a song called Broken Man. irony at its best.