Seven Days

Therapy

While everyone else was hanging out or warming up for the show, Andrea was in the dressing room, her head completely warped. All through the night before, she had been hoping Kennedy would stop hiding in his bunk and talk to her. But when it actually came down to him speaking to her, she had lashed out at him, which was completely unlike her. She wanted to apologize, but to be completely honest, she had no idea what to say. She had tried not long before, and her complete failure was what led her to hiding away in the dressing room.

"Hey, Kennedy?" She tried to get his attention as they were bringing their equipment inside. He turned away from the van to look at her, eyes narrowing slightly when he noticed who had called to him.

"Yeah?" he replied curtly, sounding quite irritated. Andrea flinched at the tone of his voice, never knowing him to sound like that. She was taken aback, to say the least.

"I... I just, I wanted you to know-" she mentally punched herself for stuttering, because she didn't want to seem too trusting. She wanted to forgive him. She was still mad, and she couldn't just snap back like nothing had ever happened, but she knew that time would be the one thing to fix what was between them. However, he had cut her off before she could say so.

"I get it. You're mad. Don't rub it in my face, okay?" He snapped back at her before grabbing a box and heading inside. She was struck speechless, unable to believe he had really spoken like that, let alone to her.


After that, she had gotten the things for her bass inside quickly, then taken off, unable to even stand looking at him anymore. He was allowed to be a bit angry with her, but to speak to her like she had kicked his puppy or something... that was uncalled for.

A sudden knock on the door made her jump slightly, but she didn't say anything to the person on the other side. She didn't want to lash out at any innocent bystanders, and if it was Kennedy, she probably would have hit him.

Unfortunately, ignoring the person on the other side of the door was not an option. They just continued knocking, and Andrea thought she might get a migraine if it continued any longer.

"Go away." She shouted, hoping they would leave her alone.

"Can I come in, please? I just want a hug." John called through the door back at her. She continued to sit in silence for a while, contemplating whether she should let him in or not, before agreeing to his request. The moment he opened the door, she jumped out of her seat, running to him and throwing her arms around his waist.

"He's definitely mad at me." She cried, tears threatening to spill as she finally released how she was feeling. "I didn't mean to upset him, and now he won't speak to me!"

"Don't worry about him." John insisted, trying to calm her oncoming sobs. "Sometimes, Kenny gets man PMS. He also has a problem with being wrong. He'll come around, I promise." Even though John knew him best and she wanted to believe him, something about the way Kennedy had spoken to her had her thinking otherwise.

"What if he doesn't?" She asked. She was genuinely worried, for she hated it when people were mad at her.

"My god, you guys are blind. I swear, if I wasn't here, you two would turn out to be aging cat people." He pulled her over to a chair and made her sit, then kneeled down in front of her. "Listen to me, okay? He likes you. Kennedy Brock likes you, and because he doesn't have you, he gets jealous easily. Sometimes he can be a complete douche, but he knows when he makes mistakes. Just give him some time, he'll come around and confess his love for you soon enough.'" The complete sincerity in his voice and serious look on his face shocked her. She couldn't help but laugh at his words, but her cheeks also quickly got hot as she processed the thought of Kennedy liking her.

"If you say so." She replied, not really sure what to believe. Nothing these days was how she once knew it, and her life seemed to be playing by a whole new set of rules. Though it was pleasant at certain times, at other times it was exhausting to keep up with and hard to understand.

"That's right. If I say so." John laughed as he pulled her into a hug. "Don't let him get you down, he just needs to get over his PMS. He'll be fine."

"Thanks John. You should be a therapist, you'd get paid a lot." She joked, making him scoff slightly.

"Yeah, paid a lot. But it's way too much work." He replied, his laughter continuing as she stepped out of his grasp and rolled her eyes at him.

"You're such a typical guy." She sighed. He just stuck his tongue out at her and grabbed her hand.

"I feel strange knowing I got to hear something as inappropriate as a sexist joke from the sweet, innocent Andrea Larabel. I must tell the guys of this gift I have been blessed with!" He threw the dressing room door back open and led her out, nearly skipping as they made their way around backstage. This had nearly caused her to forget her current problems, mostly due to the sheer insanity John was exhibiting, until they met up with the others... unfortunately including Kennedy.

"Hey Kenny, ready to play tonight?" John asked as he and Andrea ambled into the room they found the guys in. Kennedy looked at the two as they seated themselves next to Pat on the couch, and Andrea noticed his jaw clench before he spoke.

"Of course I am." He gave a slight grin as he answered before looking away from the two. Pat and Jared exchanged confused glances while John shook his head.

"Anything you wanna say, Kenny?" He tried again. Kennedy looked at John once more, and this time Andrea definitely could tell how frustrated he was getting.

"Yeah. We should play 'This Is The End' tonight." Kennedy replied before standing up and leaving the room. This time, Pat and Jared instantly turned to John for an answer.

"What the hell is he acting so sassy for? Is it his time of the month already?" Jared asked, a highly confused looking forming on his face. John turned and gave Andrea a 'See what I mean?' look before answering.

"He's just a little hormonal. He'll be fine soon enough." John winked at Andrea, and she instantly broke out into a blush and a nervous smile. Teasing her about Kennedy was one thing, but making it blatantly obvious in front of the other guys was a completely different thing in itself.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is four days behind, and i'm REALLY sorry. at first, I couldn't get ideas together. then it wasn't long enough. i almost posted this this morning, but then my mom was screaming and yelling so... that didn't happen.

however, i have the next chapter already written ^-^
hopefully this will suffice until it comes out. I think you'll all like it ;D

<3Sarah! At The Crisco!