Seven Days

Promise

Even the next day, Kennedy and Andrea weren't talking. After becoming so close to him, Andrea's mind was blown how long they hadn't said anything to each other. Despite what John tried to tell her, she absolutely did not understand why Kennedy refused to say anything to her, but she supposed that was just fine if he wanted to act that way, and that she would just go along with it. She was here on this tour to play music, not to get attached to a boy in a band that she would be around for a week.

Since the boys (namely John and Pat) hadn't planned anything for that afternoon, she decided to explore Panama City a little before the show later. There wasn't honestly that much going on, but Andrea was in dire need of a real cup of coffee, and figured that trying to find a Starbucks or Biggby's would be the easiest way to come up with an adventure around the city.

Of course, being in Panama City, it didn’t take her that long to find a coffee place that seemed suitable enough to satisfy her caffeine deprivation. Soon, she had a window seat in a small shop and a warm cappuccino in her grasp. As she watched people walk by, she couldn't stop thinking about Kennedy. Was it worth it to try and fix things with only two and a half days left? She honestly had no idea, and it was messing with her head.

“Hey, mind if I sit here?” Snapping out of her thoughts, Andrea looked up to find a tall, blonde boy grinning at her. Remembering how gorgeous guys got her into this predicament, she simply shrugged, unable to really tell him no. Just her luck, he took the shrug as a yes and set into the booth across from her.

“Are you… looking for something?” He asked, tilting his head to the side.

“No. I’m not.” She signed. Technically, she was, but not in the same context he was speaking of. His smile widened slightly and he offered his hand out to her.

“I’m Ryan James. You are…?” He left his sentence open ended, anxiously awaiting a reply, and it took everything she had to keep from rolling her eyes. She was not in the mood for this.

“Andrea Larabel, nice to meet you.” She shook his hand, even though she really just wanted to be alone with her coffee and her thoughts.

“So… do you, er, come here often?” Ryan asked. At that point, she knew this conversation needed to end, and quickly. To talk to a distracted girl was one thing, but to not even have a game plan was a completely different, stupid thing in itself. The bell of the shop chimed loudly over their awkward silence, and Andrea noticed it was Kennedy who had made his way inside. He looked around for a moment before spotting her, and Andrea thanked every God she’d ever heard of as he made his way toward the table.

“No, sorry. I’m only in town for a while.” She answered right before Kennedy sat down next to her. Ryan gained an intensely perplexed look across his face as Kennedy put an arm over her shoulder and pressed his lips to her cheek momentarily.

“Hey babe, sorry I’m late.” Kennedy said loudly before turning to the boy on the other side of the table. “Oh, who might you be?”

“I… I-it doesn’t matter.” He replied, quickly getting out of his seat. “I’m sorry Andrea, I didn’t… I mean, never mind.” He stopped short in his words and began walking towards the door. He turned around for a moment to look back at the two, at which Kennedy took as a sign to cup Andrea’s face in his palm and bring his lips to hers. Though it may have only been for a second or two, Andrea felt her insides melting at the brief contact between them, and she could have sworn a jolt of electricity ran up her spine. The sound of the bell once more ringing in the atmosphere prompted her to open her eyes once more, and she noticed the boy briskly walking down the street away from the café.

“Oh gosh, that was embarrassing.” She buried her face in her hands as she felt her cheeks warm up. She wasn’t sure if it was truly from embarrassment, or the fact that Kennedy went form ignoring her to being all over her in 3.7 seconds. Kennedy gave a light laugh and wrapped both his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into his body.

“Well hey, it’s over now.” he joked, giving her shoulders a slight squeeze. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held him close, completely abandoning all frustration towards him.

“I’m sorry I was so rude to you, Kenny.” She mumbled into his chest, thankful that he was now there and speaking to her again.

“Don’t be. I’m sorry I was a total douchebag to you. You didn’t deserve any of it.” he replied just as quietly. He ran his fingers through her hair and placed a light kiss on her forehead, making her shiver slightly. “You cold?”

“Nah.” She couldn’t bring herself to say anything about how much physical attention he was suddenly giving her, or how much she craved to go back in time two minutes. “Kennedy, can we promise each other something?”

“Of course.” She loosened her hold on him, which made him do the same, and moved back so she was facing him once more.

“Promise that we’ll never let anything like this happen between us again. I can’t stand being mad at you.” Though her request was serious, he put his hand on his chin and pretended to think over his answer, which she acknowledged by hitting his shoulder playfully.

“I promise. And you know the best way to keep a promise, right?” Kennedy asked, raising an eyebrow slightly.

“What?” Andrea answered to humor him, a grin spreading across her face. A smirk suddenly formed on his lips, only entertaining her even more.

“Sealing it with a kiss.” Before she could say anything else, Kennedy had leaned forward and captured her mouth with his own once more. Just like before, she was feeling electricity every moment his lips moved with hers, and when his hand rested against her thigh, she swore her skin was on fire just from his touch.

Suddenly, there was a knocking on the glass behind them, making Andrea jump. She and Kennedy turned around to see Pat and Jared smiling at them, Pat waving and Jared giving them a thumbs up. Kennedy sighed heavily and Andrea felt her cheeks heating up once more. Some things never change.
♠ ♠ ♠
not as long as I hoped haha
but it's up and it's what you guys have been waiting for :]
well, not quite what you were looking for, because Pat and Jared ruined it, but close haha.

now i have to dive into my pile of homework >.<
I probably won't update again until this weekend, or maybe next week, because I'm behind on lots of other stuff and Psychology is getting trickier.
boo, school. you're keeping me from doing everything!

♥Sarah! At The Crisco