Seven Days

Zombie

If there was one thing Kennedy was absolutely certain of, it was the fact that his luck was never fantastic. If something amazing happened, something not so great had to counteract it, as if his life required an equilibrium of some sort. Kissing Andrea was definitely something amazing, and he knew it was only a matter of time.

That matter of time came when Andrea was running behind again. Not quite running behind where it was a problem… but the guys had beat her to the dressing room. That was a problem in Kennedy’s eyes.

“So, I heard from two little birdies that Captain Kenny indeed sailed full speed ahead!” John exclaimed as he fell down onto the couch next to Kennedy. Kennedy just rolled his eyes, knowing he would be in for it until she joined them.

“Can we not talk about that?” He asked, attempting to get the spotlight off of himself. John’s smirk grew and he leaned over, laying his cheek on Kennedy’s shoulder.

“Aww, is little Kenny embarrassed?” Though he tried to ignore his friend, Kennedy felt his face heat up slightly and mentally kicked himself. “Ohh, guys look, he’s blushing! We’re all so proud of you, Kenny, we really are. You’re finally getting your mack on with your woman!”

“I wouldn’t really call it ‘getting his mack on’ to be honest. It was more like… a little peck.” Pat explained, sticking his tongue out childishly when Kennedy narrowed his eyes at him.

"What?! Come on, if you're going to do something, do it right!" John complained, jumping back up off the couch. "What you gotta do is grab her, mysteriously drag her off, and then mack her senseless."

"I thought the proper phrase was 'have your way with her'?" Jared asked, a smirk crossing his lips as well. Kennedy stared at his friend, appalled that he had turned to the other side and begun making fun of him as well. He saw a conspiracy quickly forming before him, and was completely unable to figure how to end it.

"Will you guys quit it?" He pleaded, though he knew full well that until he did what they wanted, they would never shut up. The three of them looked at each other for a moment before bursting into hysterical laughter.

"Don't count on it, Kenny. This is for your own good." John answered, speaking to him as if he were a child. That happened to be one thing that irked him more than anything.

“Exactly how might it be for my own good?!” Kennedy snapped back.

“Well, you see-”

“You all better have your clothes on, I’m coming in!” Andrea’s voice came suddenly, slightly muffled, from the other side of the door. Not two seconds later, she burst into the room, a large grin on her face. Her smile wasn’t the thing he noticed first, however, as his eyes roamed over her body. She had a black and red “Dawn of The Dead” shirt, dark boot cut jeans and zombie flats on… and she looked gorgeous. The other guys were even shocked. Garrett step into the doorway behind her, looking victorious.

“I convinced her to be my Barbie doll tonight. I am a genius.” Garrett explained, crossing his arms over his chest and giving a slight smile. Genius was exactly the word Kennedy would use. He was blown away.

“Oh stop, Garrett. There was no convincing, you hid my other clothes.” Andrea replied, throwing him a playful glare before running over and taking the seat next to Kennedy on the couch. She didn’t say anything, but she didn’t have to. Her smile was enough for him.

“You look amazing.” He told her quietly, hoping the guys wouldn’t hear him. Her smile widened as her cheeks flushed slightly, and her head tilted down, looking away from him.

“Thanks Kennedy.” She said just as quietly, biting down on her lip and wringing her hands slightly. He let out a laugh and put his hand under her chin, bringing her eyes back up to his.

“You’re very welcome.” He leaned forward and gave her a light kiss, bringing another shy grin to her face. Beside him he heard cat calls and whistles, and knew he should have expected some sort of reaction like that.

“Come on, Kennedy, that was weak!” Pat protested. Kennedy wasn’t sure if he wanted to ignore his friends now, or jump across the room and put one of them in a head lock until they kept quiet, but his thoughts were quickly interrupted when Andrea grabbed his face in her hands and kissed him hard. It wasn't a very long kiss, but it was enough to shock him and make him feel a sudden nervousness course through his veins. And girls rarely made Kennedy Brock nervous.

"Are the festivities to your liking today?" Andrea asked them, a look on her face they knew all too well as telling them not to push her buttons. They each nodded slightly, completely surprised looks on their face, before rushing out of the room.

“I didn’t think you could get any more amazing. Zombie attire, then telling them off? Marry me, please.” He joked, glad that they had finally left.

"I don't know how many times you guys have to propose to me before you realize I'm not saying yes." She teased back. Kennedy laughed and reached up to move a lock of hair from her face, his hand stroking her cheek gently before kissing her again. He didn't care what the other guys had to say. The way he was going about things seemed to work just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andrea

hahahahaha. such a bad ending, but I had no idea what to write. this would have been up last night, but I was so slap-happy that nothing was really getting done.
You guys will like the next two updates though ^-^

<3 Sarah! At The Crisco