Seven Days

Joking

"You dirty little man stealer!"

Andrea screamed as she fell out of her bunk due to the shouts reverberating through the bunk area. She looked up from her spot on the floor to see Garrett standing above her, hands on his hips and an angry look on his face.

"What?!" She asked, completely bewildered. She was curious as to whether or not he was joking, because you never could tell with Garrett, but the upset expression never left his face.

"I know what you're up to! You only hopped onto this tour so you could take my place, and steal my man!" He pointed a finger at her and glared menacingly, and her jaw dropped when she actually comprehended his words. She had no idea what was going on anymore.

"Uh, your man? Garrett, I think we need to have a talk." Garrett continued to stare at her accusingly for a few more moments before bursting into laughter and holding his hand out.

"I'm only joking, really." He said as he helped her up off the floor. "You slept in late, and I figured it'd be a cool way to wake you up." As soon as she was off the floor, Andrea yanked her hand back from his grasp and glowered at him.

"Yeah, real cool Garrett. Why don't you go sneeze somewhere or something?" She replied, sitting back in her bunk. She had been having a particularly good dream until he scared the crap out of her.

"Well, that's not very nice. Just because you were dreaming about my man does not mean you can be all grouchy with me." He had his hands on his hips once more, until he suddenly let out a violent sneeze. "Oh, great. Now you've done it."

"Since when is Kennedy your man?" Andrea asked as she laughed from the irony of Garrett actually sneezing when she said something. Instead of replying right away, he fell into her bunk next to her and laid his head in her lap.

"Well, you see... there was this one party, and we happened to consume lots of alcohol..." A confused and slightly scared look crossed Andrea's face, which only made Garrett laugh again. "I'm still joking."

"Will you stop it?!" She couldn't help but laugh with him, even if he was encouraging rumors of a bromance between himself and Kennedy.

"Definitely not." He replied, reaching up to poke her in the forehead, making her scrunch her nose slightly. "I just can't help but wonder though. What will happen in two days?"

"I... I don't know." She sighed, honestly not thinking about when she had to leave. Garrett was getting better, and her spring break was almost over. In two more days, things would probably go back to the way they were before... and that's what she was afraid of. She didn't want to lose contact with her new friends, and she certainly didn't want to lose Kennedy. They could probably keep contact through the internet and cell phones, but because they were both musicians, a real relationship was just testing fate. And it scared her to think about.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you upset.” Garrett apologized, sitting up quickly only to knock his head on the top of the bunk and fall back into her lap.

“Beating yourself up isn’t helping anyone, Gar-bear.” She teased, running her fingers through his hair gently. He stuck his lower lip out and pouted, but that only made her laugh again.

“You should clear your schedule for the summer and see if you can hop onto Warped. I’m pretty sure we’re doing it, or some sort of summer tour. We can hang out again, and the guys and I can meet the rest of your band.” Andrea looked at him blankly for a moment, processing what he had said. Why hadn’t she thought of that before?

“Garrett, I love you. You are a genius.” She leaned forward and kissed his forehead, earning a playful jab in the stomach.

“Yeah, yeah. Save it for Kennedy.” He got out of the bunk and turned to see the appalled look on her face. “Again, joking. Please stop taking everything I say seriously before your mind explodes.” Instead of replying, she got out of her bunk and jumped onto his back when he had turned. Not being ready for this assault, he fell to the floor, where they began a wrestling match. Being in a band with all guys, Andrea definitely knew how to hold her own and Garrett couldn’t keep her still for more than a few moments.

“I need to- whoa, am I interrupting something?” Jared came into the room and spotted the pair on the floor, Garrett holding Andrea’s arms to her side and Andrea trying to sweep Garrett’s legs out from beneath him. “If it’s a bad time, I can totally come back.”

“No!” They both shouted, getting untangled and jumping up from their spot on the floor.

“You sure?” Jared asked, an amused look growing on his face.

“Positive. What did you need?” Andrea smiled awkwardly, shoving Garrett over a bit. His eyes narrowed and he pushed her back, making her drop her smile and glare at him.

“Well, I was going to say I need to rifle through your things, but I can see you’re a bit busy beating up our invalid bassist.” Jared’s smile only grew as they both turned to him, frustrated looks on their faces.

“What do you mean you need to rifle through my things?” She asked, beginning to get the feeling of utter confusion again. Nothing was straightforward with these guys.

“I mean, I need to rifle through your things. It’s kind of self explanatory.” Jared joked as he walked to the back lounge and pulled out her suitcase.

“Now hold on!” She protested, trying to stop him from opening it. “You can’t do that. I have personal belongings in there.”

“Andrea, I’m sure bathing suits cover up less than your underwear. I’m 21, I think I can be mature about looking through your clothes.” He commented before unzipping it and flipping it open. Regardless of whether or not she could trust Jared, she put Garrett in a headlock and covered his eyes while Jared went through her things.

“Why do you need to see my clothes, anyway?” She asked while trying to keep Garrett from flipping her over. He gave an entertained chuckle as he watched her jump onto Garrett’s back and Garrett start running into things, almost falling over multiple times.

“Kennedy wants to take you out on a date tonight, so I’m playing fashion consultant to make sure you wear the right thing.” He answered, digging through her shirts and trying to find the right one.

“Wait, what?” She let go of Garrett, who proceeded to fall to the floor. “Don’t we have a show tonight?”

“Does no one read the chart? It’s an off day!” Jared exclaimed, throwing his arms up dramatically.

“I’ll show you, midget!” Garrett shouted, completely ignoring Jared and tackling her to the ground. “Never mess with zombie fighting extraordinaire, Garrett Nickelsen!”

“I’m not a zombie, Garrett!” She yelled back. She was thankful she had this crazy kid to distract her, because her mind would otherwise be running a mile a minute. She had a date with Kennedy.
♠ ♠ ♠
SURPRISE!
Haha, i dunno why I'm updating again, but I just got a sudden wave of inspiration.

I have like... six people that comment. and 38 subscribers. Do you mind if I ask a few more of you to drop a line for me? I need ideas for the date, anyway. Hit me up with some ^-^

♥Sarah! At The Crisco