Seven Days

Afternoon In New Orleans

"What's up for today?" Andrea asked as she walked into the front lounge after waking up the next morning. She'd made sure to pull her hair into a ponytail and at least throw some jeans on before leaving her bunk: she didn't want another repeat of what happened the day before. The boys were once again playing video games, but this time they were destroying Nazi zombies, so Pat was the one to answer.

"Exploring New Orleans a bit before the show tonight. YES!" he explained the plans before cheering as Kennedy had taken out a zombie going for Jared. Andrea grinned at how easily amused these boys were, but it began to fade as she noticed Garrett looking sullen at the end of the couch.

"What's wrong Gar-bear?" She asked, catching his attention from the gore on the television before him.

"Why can't I play, Andrea?" he pouted, sticking his lower lip out and batting his eyelashes at her. her smile came back at the sight of his antics and she sat down on the arm of the couch next to him, ruffling his hair slightly.

"Because you should be resting right now, that's the reason I'm here. Don't think I didn't hear your coughing fit last night, mister." She replied, but his pouting only increased as she piled on the reasons.

"Come on Andrea, I lovee youuuu!" He begged, throwing his arms around her in a hug and leaning his chin on her shoulder. She sighed, realizing that she was fighting a losing battle with all the affection he was showering her with.

"If you'll go lay in bed now, I'll make you tea, then you can get better and probably play video games tomorrow." She told him, which made him squeeze her even tighter in sheer glee.

"Thank you!" He cried, earning a shush from John because he was interrupting their game. As she tried to release his grip on her, he made a funny face and then glared at her. "Tea?"

"It won't kill you. Just try it?" She suggested. He shook his head and stuck his tongue out, still making the funny face. She sighed again, more heavily this time, and her shoulders fell.

"Worth with me here, Garrett. How about soup?" His smile quickly returned and he jumped up, running to the bunks with his blanket in tow. At that, Andrea realize the game was on pause and noticed four pairs of eyes looking at her.

"I can't believe that just happened. Are you a magical fairy or something?" Jared asked, his jaw dropping slightly. She shook her head and laughed, slipping into the empty seat Garrett left behind.

"Nope. Always been tour mom."

[&]

"Holy cow, this is not how I pictured New Orleans." John commented as they were exploring a less busy part of the city. Pat smacked his palm to his forehead and Kennedy rolled his eyes at the idiocy of their friend, while Andrea just laughed, since she wasn't really used to any of this. The sights, the boys, the experience. Everything was so different from her usual life at the moment, and she loved every second of it.

"Please, allow me to save you from him." Kennedy offered. "Guys, we're gonna go explore." He nodded his head toward a side street, and the two of them began walking off away from the others.

Andrea was nervous, to say the least. Every time she was alone with Kennedy, she got nervous, second guessed everything she did, and was just in general unlike herself. And that kind of scared her Well, not scared her in the sense of fear, but she had never experienced something like this before. Usually she was so calm and sure of herself, and now she... well, wasn't. And she wasn't sure how that made her feel.

"Wanna know what I'm in the mood for?" Kennedy asked suddenly, a cheesy grin on his face. Andrea knew she was in for it, so she went along with his game.

"What, Kenny?"

"Ice cream." He gave a childish laugh and grabbed her hand, sending butterflies tumbling around her guts as he pulled her into a nearby ice cream shop.

The moment she stepped inside (ladies first, Kennedy had insisted) she was taken aback. It was kind of small, but cozy and didn't give off a tourist-y vibe. Kennedy's hand returning to hers brought her from her thoughts, however, and made her wonder if he did it on purpose.

"Hello there, can I help you?" The older lady behind the counter asked them, a kind smile on her face. Kennedy pushed her forward gently, muttering something about being indecisive.

"Can I get a scoop of chocolate chip mint in a sugar cone please?" She asked, deciding quickly, due to peer pressure, that she would stick to something simple.

"Of course, dear." As the lady set off to scoop her ice cream, Andrea moved her bag off her shoulder to grab money but was instantly stopped.

"Don't do that. My treat." He insisted. She began to open her mouth to protest, but was met by him raising an eyebrow and did not press it further. He ended up ordering cotton candy, despite the time he took to decide, and then paid for their frozen treats.

"He's definitely a good one, I hope you keep him around." The lady joked with Andrea once she had given Kennedy his change. Andrea was speechless, but as always, Kennedy was there to save the day.

"Thank you ma'am. I hope you have a good day." He flashed her one of his charming smiles before they turned around to leave, and grabbed Andrea's hand in his again once they were back outside.

"You gave her the wrong idea, Kenny." She told him after they had walked in silence for a while, as she tried to refrain from looking at their still-intertwined hands.

"Come on, Andrea, can't you give a kind old lady the picture of a cliché teenage romance for once in her life?" He teased. She looked up at him and narrowed her eyes in a similarly teasing manner.

"Honestly, Kennedy Brock, you are up to no good." She responded. He just laughed lightly and gave her had a slight squeeze.

"Honestly, Andrea Larabel, you make me that way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Andrea
spell-checked but not reviewed because I'm in college prep, and we all know how this class makes me get. It's been a rough morning.

I seriously think I spoil you guys too much, because I now have the next seven chapters planned but... I really love this story :]
and you all will REALLY love the next chapter. just saying. :D

♥Sarah! At The Crisco