Seven Days

Late

Even though he should have known they would never let it go, Kennedy hoped to God that John and Pat would drop what they had talked about before. If Andrea walked in on another conversation of theirs... he didn't know what he would do.

However, when Andrea was running behind on her way to sound check, he knew his hope would go unanswered. He played some chords with his back turned to the guys, but sighed to himself as an arm wrapped around his shoulder.

"So, Kenny... how long are we waiting here?" John asked, laying his chin on Kennedy's other shoulder. Kennedy shook him off and took a couple steps away from him, beginning to grow irritated with the teasing.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." he muttered in reply, hoping they would drop the subject. He knew they were talking about Andrea, but he didn't want to let on any further about his feelings. He was having a man moment, and John was quickly deteriorating it.

"Don't lie, we all know you're into her, so just fess up." Pat groaned, tossing a stick in Kennedy's direction. "I think the funniest thing about this whole ordeal is that you guys are so obvious to everyone but yourselves."

"Will you stop it?" Kennedy asked sharply. "If she walks in again, I swear I'm going to rip-"

"Hey, no ripping. We can do without ripping, K-man. They're just offering advice in a not-so-kind fashion." Jared was once again the middle man making peace, and sometimes it made Kennedy feel bad. But then there were days like today where Jared was the only thing keeping him from hitting something. He'd admit he had an anger problem sometimes, but John and Pat never helped any.

"Yeah Kenny, no ripping. That's not nice and it may hurt a little. All I'm saying is, don't just stand around. You've got four more days to get 'er done, so hop to it." Kennedy stared at John, wide-eyed and unable to comprehend his word choice.

"Um, what was that?"

"No, not like that!" John exclaimed, burying his face in his hands momentarily, "Don't just be her friend, go for it!"

"You're a big boy now, Kennedy. This shouldn't be a big deal." Pat added. Kennedy sat down on one of the monitors and looked toward the guys, debating what to do. John had been right the night before in his statement that she was the perfect woman. She wasn't high maintenance, she liked video games and zombie movies, she was easy to talk to, and God knows she was beautiful, but... he couldn't bring himself to say anything to her. Something kept him from being able to open up and just accept things as they were coming. This adventure was becoming a whirlwind, and Kennedy's head couldn't stop spinning.

"I don't think it's a good idea, guys." he decided, standing back up and playing a small riff. The other three just looked back at him, mouths wide open.

"You can't be serious. You guys are like... perfect. I think I almost threw up puppies and rainbows when you guys were cuddled up during the movie." Jared complained, using slightly over dramatic hand movements to explain his point. Kennedy grinned at his friend's excessive enthusiasm, but shook his head.

"It just feels like it's too soon. I just... I don't know. It doesn't seem right."

"You're making absolutely no sense right now. Clearly, you're smitten." John concluded, once again throwing his arm over Kennedy's shoulder. "Not everything has to be slow going. if your feelings are already this intense, then by all means, full speed ahead captain!"

"Maybe if you promise never to say that again." Kennedy rolled his eyes at John's strange behavior. Of course, as luck would have it, Andrea came running on stage at that very moment, hair thrown into pigtails and still wearing her pajamas.

"I'm pretty sure Garrett hid my things, sorry I'm late" She explained between quick breaths as she rested her hands on her knees. "What's not to be said again?"

"Full speed ahead, captain!" John yelled once more, running up and throwing her over his shoulder. Kennedy thanked every higher power possible that she hadn't walked in at an extremely bad time like the night before, when John and Pat had been trying to get him to admit he liked her. There were so many things he wished he could say, because he felt as if he'd known her forever. However, forever was just in his imagination. He's just have to hope for the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andrea
I'm sorry this is so much later than I promised it would be
Don't worry, karma paid me back in full haha

I hope this is going alright for you guys. It kinda seemed to me like it was going a bit downhill, but I actually like this one :]
Tell me what you think!

♥Sarah! At The Crisco