‹ Prequel: The Lying Truth
Status: Active. . .:/

Abandoned

Kerrang

I laid my head on my arm, and stared out the window, of the magazine studio. This was the worst part of the job, when I had to edit my stories. I wish I could be out there with Nelly, interviewing someone, but-NO-I had to be stuck behind my desk, editing every fucking word “Charlie Scene” said. I was gonna keep this article true, though. I wasn’t gonna make anything up, cause that guy is funny, and interesting, without me running my imagination, and it would be really cool if he liked me, unlike what happens between most writers, and the people they interview.
“Rebecca, I have a job for you.” My manager, Kevin called, from his office.
“Who am I interviewing this time?” I asked, with a little smirk.
“Kerrang is supposed to go interview ‘Avenged Sevenfold’. I think you’re just the girl for the job.” He smirked.
“Kevin. . .” I groaned.
“I know, but this one time. You’re the perfect person for the job. They’ll like you.” He said, closing his office door.
I smashed my head against my desk, again and again.
Couldn’t he just let it be? It’s been 4 years, now he’s forcing me to turn back to my past. . .My job depends it.

*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*

The concert

When I arrived, the mosh pit was already packed. I stood at the back, for a little bit, before beginning to push through the crowd. Some lady who was about. . .5 inches taller then me, glanced down at me, and pretended she didn’t see me. Her elbow came at me,. I dodged out of the way, and slipped in front of her, shoving her backwards, before advancing farther into the crowd.
Some people tried shoving me. . .I shoved back. At some point someone tried to punch me. That started an all out war. He threw the first punch, and he punched me right in my ear. I swung at his face, and my fist connected with his eye. Before the fight got any worse, A7X started to play. I turned towards the stage, and I stared at Matt.
He sounded so good. He sounded better live, then he did on CD. My eyes ran over all of them, and my eyes stopped on Zacky, then Jimmy, then Johnny, then last, Brian. I closed my eyes, and turned away.
I shoved through the crowd, and ended up right against the barrier. I threw a pen at one of the security guards, and he walked over. I showed him my pass, and he gestured for me to come to the gate. I leaned against the barriers and watched them play.
Memories of graduation came flooding back to me.

*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*

I walked up to get my diploma, and right after me was Johnny Seward, then James Sullivan. That was the last day that we were together, and that was the last day I spoke to them.
“Congratulations, Jimmy.” I smiled at him.
“Congrats Becca.” He said, smiling back at me.
I hugged him, and then I turned to Matt who was in front of me.
“Congratulations, Matt. Good luck with the band.” I said, looking at him through my eye lashes.
“Congrats, Becca, and. . .good luck with magazine columns.” He nodded.
“You paid attention to my dream.” I shook my head.
“Did you pay attention to mine?” He asked.
“You want to be the lead singer of A7X.” I laughed.
“Yep.” He chuckled, too.
I walked up the line, and looked at Val.
“Congratulations, Becca.” She said, coldly.
“Yeah, you too.” I nodded, and walked past her.
I saw Zacky, and he saw me. He looked at me, and stared Miserably.
“Congratulations, Zachary.” I whispered.
“Back at ya, Becca.” He whispered, too.
I turned and looked at Jacqueline.
“Yes. You have my blessing.” I smiled.
She looked up, and smiled half heartedly. I hugged her, then turned to Zack. I hugged him, too before I went back towards Brian.
“Congrats.” I said, as I passed.
“No hug?” he asked, icily, as he grabbed my wrist.
“Nope, not even a hand shake.” I said, jerking my hand from his.
I walked up to Johnny, and he looked at me.
“Congrats, Becca.” He said, looking away.
“Good luck, Johnny.” I said, turning to Lacey.
She smiled warmly, and embraced me, without saying a word. When I walked back towards my place next to Matt and Jimmy, I saw Leanna.
I ran over to her, and she met me half way.
“Good luck, hun.” She said, burying her face in my neck.
“You, too. I wish you and Jimmy the best of luck. I‘m sure you don’t need it, though. You guys are perfect for each other.” I laughed, slightly.
Leanna nodded, and held me at arms length.
“What are you doing?” I asked, as she looked at me, over and over again.
“I’m gonna keep this memory in my mind, until we see each other again, so I can see how much you changed.” She said, hugging me again.
“Maybe it won’t be until our 25th class reunion.” I shrugged.
“It’ll be before that. . .I can feel it. I know it. We’re meant to be friends, you know.” She nodded.
I nodded, against her shoulder, before letting her go.
I walked towards my car, and waved at everyone.
“BYE EVERYONE!! MAYBE I’LL SEE YOU!! COME VISIT ME AT KERRANG!! I LOVE YOU!!” I called before I got into my car, and drove away.


*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*