The Sound of Failure

Week 4

Daniella believed in signs. She believed that everything happened for a reason. She believed in destiny.

How could signs and destiny lead her to this life though?

She needed perspective and depression clouded her mind. The result of those two collisions, added by the full moon, led her to the graveyard. The sounds of the silent dead cleared her mind. The numbing warmth of the full moon’s light brought out her epiphany. All these names and dates surrounding her, left her daydreaming of their lives and their decisions.

She’d worked hard. Went to college. Got her degree. But nothing came easy after that. Her hard work hadn’t lead her to her dreams.

So she’d just stop. Stop caring. Stop dreaming. Stop giving herself hope that things would all work out.

What the moonlight didn’t share with her, was that failure isn’t tangible. It‘s nonexistent. Because as long as she’d be her caring and daydreaming self, she couldn’t fail.

Failure is only real if you let it be real.

Perhaps these signs lead her here for a purpose. For a reason. And perhaps it was her destiny to be in this graveyard and be thinking these thoughts.

Her reality was that she could never give up caring or dreaming.

She couldn’t even fail at failure.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.lyricsdir.com/the-flaming-lips-the-sound-of-failure-lyrics.html

My favorite line from these lyrics:
"Standing there in the graveyard, while the moon sprays its fireworks in your hair."